What it looks like up there.

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
Viking
Ranger

Post by Viking »

hit_it wrote: Current regulations (for ALL Commands) prohibits unauthorized pictures and video being made of Airborne operations.

All the pictures we got we snuck and weren't stupid enough to put them on the internet complete with names of personell, units, dates and DZ.
Sheeeiiiiiiiiiiit. That's only 'cause Al Gore hadn't invented the internet when most of us were jumping out of planes (OK, not true but it sounds good)

All I can say is...if I were in his CoC, I wouldn't exactly be losing any sleep over it.
A Co, 3/75 92-95. RS 9-93
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Yup, he is a Private!
23LRS
US Army Veteran

Post by 23LRS »

archangel wrote:
To bad he didnt record the part where SGT Airborne finds his stupid ass.
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOIN AIRBORNE?!?!?!

Are you a leg?

Archangel never answered the question, he's eith a Leg, or 12 years old...
:wink:
Riamh Nar dhruid O sbairn lan
(Never Retreat From The Clash of Spears)

9ID LRS 90-91
I CORPS LRS 91-93
A CO. 1/509 PIR 93-97
75TH RRA member

Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144:1
sand gnat
Ranger

Post by sand gnat »

This post is a little late but I just found this thread. Unfortunately, I was the PSG of one of these two numbnuts at the time of this incident. The first I heard of it was from my company commander who asked me to step into his office. Never been more embarassed in my life. Yeah, sure, I couldnt be mad at him for taking pictures, but a couple of snapshots during descent are a lot different than blowing off the entire 5 points of performance in my book. And then posting them on the internet was just beyond the pale. After a whole lot of "Sir, I'll take care of it." and threats to decertify me as a JM, (which was just crazy, I wasnt even on his aircraft that day), I dusted off a SSG in my office before releasing him like a crazed animal on that little retard. Needless to say, that problem never came up again. Again, if he had taken a few photos after checking his canopy and taking a look around, not really a big deal. It was the total disregard of any hint of even trying to do the things he was supposed to be doing combined with posting it on the net with all the identifying details that made that little paratrooper a tired little boy that day.
C CO 1/75 96-98
HHC 1/75 98-03
A CO 1/501 PIR, ALASKA
HHC 1/501 Mortar PSG-S3
RS 10-98
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

During a fun jump i was "unofficially advised" by my PSG that if I were to take pictures during the jump, I should ensure I had a good canopy, have the camera tied down and stick it someplace where it could not possibly get in the way of my actions in the air.

So, I stuffed it inside my shirt and tied it down to my top button hole. Took a bunch of pictures on the way down and stuck some of them online. I don't think I'd ever do it during a non-Hollywood jump, but we were in Germany, over a DZ that probably hadn't been used for tactical operations since WWII, so I didn't see any OPSEC risk.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic

Return to “About Airborne School”