OK Last Try!

LRRP, LRP, RRD, LRSD, LRSU, etc...
BLH
Paratrooper

OK Last Try!

Post by BLH »

OK last try!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that I'll get hell for this but if it allows me the oppotunity to get back to the Inf as a line medic then I will try anything. So here goes:

I have an issue that has come up with my deployments through the GA Guard. I am hoping that someone can both help me out and maybe benefit from it as well.

Situation:
I was heading over to the 48th BDE 121st INF as a line medic going to AFG... when somehow (without my knowledge) I was transfered from my unit to a new unit (248th Med Co) and am now supposed to be deploying to Iraq to set up and run a TMC on an airforce base. This is not right for me as I have always been combat arms and working in a nice air conditioned TMC on an airforce base with a swimming pool, movie theater, etc would actually be hell for me (These are the reasons/ammenities that my 1Lt gave me for wanting this assignment... Oh I forgot that he also mentioned the hot airforce chicks... as long as I didn't bring back an STD... seriously this was said to me).

Anyway the deal is if I can find someone to volunteer with this unit to leave for Iraq in June, then I will be let back to my unit and get to go to AFG with the INF.

So any medics out there looking for a deployment and want to help out a fellow medic please contact me.

Thanks

Hoats
68W1P
Airborne Medic
RRDTm3
Ranger

Re: OK Last Try!

Post by RRDTm3 »

GAANG fucked you hard, either you are a shitty medic and the 48th pawned you off or a great medic and you got stolen. if you didn't sign the transfer paperwork go straight to IG
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
BLH
Paratrooper

Post by BLH »

The 121st said that my my transfer was blocked by the 78th Troop Command after it had been in process since Feb. The next morning I was contacted by the 248th and told to report Wed for active duty training. *A MAJ from the 121st said that if I can get the 121st to release me or get put back into my actual unit then they will gladly take me.

Does anyone know if the Guard can involuntarily activate you to any unit. I thought that it had to be the unit that you are actually in?

Looks like I might have to rot for a year in a TMC... I gave my Cpt the names of 2 68W's that wanted to volunteer in my place so I could complete my transfer to the 121st and he went back on his word and said that higher said no. I say my Cpt, but I've never met anyone from this unit... Hell i had never even heard of it before.

I will go to the IG, but no one can tell me if what the GANG did was legal or not... Not even the recruiter that was in charge of my interstate transfer.

Any opinions?

BLH
68W1P
Airborne Medic
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

AF pussy.
abnhawk
Ranger

Post by abnhawk »

Can't offer any help, but I will say that you're about out of time. The 121st is only in MS for a few more weeks, and then we're gone. I'm pretty sure you've already lost the ability to leave the same time we do. I've heard talk of a stay behind group that'll get caught up on all the required pre-deployment tasks, and then deploy later. Good luck.
C 3/75 89 -91
RLTW!

Return to “Reconnaissance”