New LRS unit at Lewis

LRRP, LRP, RRD, LRSD, LRSU, etc...
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Re: New LRS unit at Lewis

Post by Blacksrt4 »

No BADMUTHER not that i know off. And yes the first shirt is a awesome guy, he is the one that actually made everything come together for me to actually come to the company. Our BDE commander is very well known in the LRS community as well so we are all hoping he can help us out with getting those good missions once we get overseas.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

BadMuther wrote:CSM Puck, SB, I understand what you are saying. Isn't Strategic Recononaissance still a viable mission though? Pete Blaber talks about the need for guys on the ground to develop the situation vs a predator live feed.

It's hard to imagine the need for guys on the ground recon to ever go away. Then again, I've been out a long time.
I hear you and I understand what you are saying. The issue (as I see it) is that Surveillance would be used to "develop a situation" on the ground, but in our current operating environment what is there to actually "develop"? Back in the old days the Team could sit and watch and decrypt the enemies activities based off a known order of battle, thereby focusing the commander's attention where it needs to be. But we were talking about conventional forces with a large signature and a decipherable order of battle.

Strategic Reconnaissance is a lot different mission than what Corps or lower units are assigned as a mission.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Silverback wrote:
BadMuther wrote:CSM Puck, SB, I understand what you are saying. Isn't Strategic Recononaissance still a viable mission though? Pete Blaber talks about the need for guys on the ground to develop the situation vs a predator live feed.

It's hard to imagine the need for guys on the ground recon to ever go away. Then again, I've been out a long time.
I hear you and I understand what you are saying. The issue (as I see it) is that Surveillance would be used to "develop a situation" on the ground, but in our current operating environment what is there to actually "develop"? Back in the old days the Team could sit and watch and decrypt the enemies activities based off a known order of battle, thereby focusing the commander's attention where it needs to be. But we were talking about conventional forces with a large signature and a decipherable order of battle.

Strategic Reconnaissance is a lot different mission than what Corps or lower units are assigned as a mission.
Gotcha.

I understand what you are saying, but wish I had a little more education on it (SR).
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Blacksrt4 wrote:well I made it to the company.

Tell your 1SG, Bubba says do fucking push ups! :wink:
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

RRDTm3 wrote:
Blacksrt4 wrote:well I made it to the company.

Tell your 1SG, Bubba says do fucking push ups! :wink:

haha Well soon as he returns from school. I will let him know!!

Return to “Reconnaissance”