Current LRS units

LRRP, LRP, RRD, LRSD, LRSU, etc...
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

JLTW!!! wrote:Texas still has LRS(D). I am currently in this unit so all contact info/ other info will be current. Shoot me an email at justin.marr@us.army.mil or tokenboy77@hotmail.com and I can give you any info you need/want.

RLTW!
Please post an intro in the proper forum and get an avatar.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
kpthook1012
US Army

Post by kpthook1012 »

Hey JLTW!! Tell that Wookie who's serving as the ATL for Team 2 to buy a razor.
11B1P
4/101 Pathfinderd Co.
trazel187
Embryo

E co. 51st deactivation.....

Post by trazel187 »

This story is from the Hessen-Herald in Germany. I about cried when I heard it. I alot of guys can and probably will move to the RSTA or line battalions of the 173d if they don't want to experience leg land overseas here in Germany. This would be prime recruiting ground for SF also:

Last active-duty airborne unit in Germany inactivates in Darmstadt
By Amy Buenning Sturm
Company E, 51st Infantry inactivated April 17 in a ceremony at the Kelley Barracks parade field in Darmstadt. The long-range surveillance unit was the last active-duty airborne unit in Germany.
For many of the airborne infantry Soldiers present the ceremony was bittersweet, as it marked, in the words of 1st Lt. Gary W. Carty, the commander of Echo Company, "the end of our current association with this prestigious military unit,"
"It’s always sad to see an airborne unit go away," said Staff Sgt. Brian Brown, the unit historian. Brown joined the unit "downrange" in Iraq during its deployment in 2003, and served as platoon sergeant during the unit’s last tour to Operation Iraqi Freedom.
His fondest memory was serving at Iraq’s Syrian border, "it was kind of nice being out there with your platoon," he said.
After studying the unit’s history, Brown realized Echo Company had served the nation proudly during World War I, World War II, Vietnam, Bosnia, Albania, Kosovo and Iraq, making it "the most decorated unit I’ve ever been in."
Echo Company was inactivated and then reactivated three times over the course of its history after its initial call to service in November 1917. Its Soldiers participated in 16 major campaigns throughout its history.
As 1st Sgt. William B. Halbrook pointed out following the inactivation, the Soldiers of Echo Company have been deployed in service to their nation for part of every year for the last 11 years, with the exception of 1996.
"That’s a lot for one company to shoulder, you know, over the past 11 years," he said, "I hate to see it go."
After the colors were cased at the conclusion of Echo Company’s fourth and perhaps final inactivation, Halbrook, Carty, and their Soldiers took comfort in the knowledge that the colors would be once again uncased on April 30 at Fort Bragg, N.C., where Company F, 51st Infantry would preserve the colors and legacy of the unit.
"Maybe in the future they will be uncased for another chapter," Halbrook said.
And, if the Army needs Echo 51st again? Carty is sure that, "it will be ready to answer the call as it did each and every time in the past."

(Of course there are still several airborne units in Germany like the 5th QM riggers, 10th group, and several battalions of the 173d in Bamberg and Schweinfurt, but none will replace this motley crew. I still feel this was the best unit I have been in and the location was awesome).
A 1/52 IN (NTC) 88-90
7th RTB 90-93
1/4 IN (CMTC) 94-95
E 51 INF (LRS) GE 95-98 (OJE and OJG)
1/78 FA (BT Instr), Ft. Sill, 98-01
3/505, 2/505, 82d ABN 01-04 (OEF)
1 AD (JAG), GE 04-07 (OIF)
1 ID 07- (MiTT instructor)

The outcome of the war is in our hands; the outcome of words is in the council.
Homer, The Iliad
Rabidus1
Embryo

Post by Rabidus1 »

Rangers,
The MDNG 29th Inf. Div. E Co. 629th MI Batt.(LRSD) is still here in Cascade, MD. I just spoke to the unit Sgt. over there today, and got the okay for my recruiter to call him and get the unit's line and paragraph number for my slot as an 11B. I should be going to MEPS in the next 2-4 weeks to get my ass shipped off already for OSUT and ABN. Hope this clears up the confusion of this unit.
Last edited by Rabidus1 on May 3rd, 2007, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moving on to bigger and better things...
Goals in sight, ready to execute!...
Rabidus1
Embryo

Post by Rabidus1 »

Rangers,
Can anyone give me some insight of what drill weekends may be like in a NG LRSD? I was told that I am most probally gonna get sent to Ranger School within 18months in that unit...any ideas of what other schools I can expect to get sent to? Any advice/info. greatly appreciated.
Moving on to bigger and better things...
Goals in sight, ready to execute!...
F_51ST_LRS
Egg

Active Duty LRS Units

Post by F_51ST_LRS »

Rangers,
If you guys are looking for a LRS unit on the active side, F Co., 51st is the place to be. I have been in the unit since 03 and deployed twice with them. Great unit, great guys!
SGT Thomas Russell
F co. 51st INF LRS(C)
Rangerguru
Ranger

Re: Active Duty LRS Units

Post by Rangerguru »

F_51ST_LRS wrote:Rangers,
If you guys are looking for a LRS unit on the active side, F Co., 51st is the place to be. I have been in the unit since 03 and deployed twice with them. Great unit, great guys!
Post an intro in the proper forum. Read the rules before to step on your crank.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
EAT III
Ranger

Post by EAT III »

Are slots available, or will they be? what is the chance of getting a line and Paragraph number to go from LRS NG to Active,straight to F 51?
RLTW!
A/1/75 86-88
RS 10-86
612th (AD)(Heavy Drop) 83-86
Lrsd 25th ID 88-90
151Inf Det (LRS)(ABN) current
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Post an intro, read the FAQs
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Phantom
Ranger

Post by Phantom »

Dude, you were kicked out of F CO and now work up at 519th MI. Give it up.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Phantom wrote:

:shock:

Pure fucking comedy.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

hit_it wrote:
Phantom wrote:

:shock:

Pure fucking comedy.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh man I love these toolboxes. Fucking sucks when a site like this exists with little anonymity huh?? Specially when you are stupid enough to put your real name in your sig line!!! Hahahahaha!!! "great unit, great guys.....uh except for the fact that I'm no longer there hahahahaaaa!!!

I doubt this dude will post an intro now you big mean guys :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Phantom wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

OWNED!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Open mouth, insert foot, chew vigorously......

[url=http://F_51ST_LRS.JustGotOwned.com]OWNED :lol: :lol:[/url]
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.

Return to “Reconnaissance”