Introduction: Eli

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Grompa
USAR

Introduction: Eli

Post by Grompa »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Eli, I am 21 years old and currently am a college student (not ROTC), but am enlisted in the COARNG.I plan to try out for RASP/Ranger school upon graduating. Obviously being enlisted in the Guard I do not have an option 40 contract. With that being said, with the couple years I have left in school, figured now would be a good time to start prepping for RASP/Ranger School. That's the main reason why I joined this forum. Currently struggling to figure out what I should be focusing on in terms of fitness as of now, but I did buy a ranger workout plan coming out of basic, (https://www.trainlikearanger.com/produc ... or-program). However I still have a lot of questions about physical fitness training, but am eager to learn more.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Re: Introduction: Eli

Post by Disinfertention »

Hey Eli,

Welcome to the site. I approved your other post. There is a lot of information throughout the site. Continue to browse and maybe someone with more recent information can answer some of your questions.

What are you studying in school? Why do you want to join the 75th Ranger Regiment?
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Grompa
USAR

Post by Grompa »

Hey Disinfertention,

Sorry for the late reply. Currently I'm studying geography. Sounds cliche but wanted to join 75th Ranger Regiment due to the fact that it's what I envisioned what being in the Army is about. I didn't join the army to sit behind a desk, but to be in active combat role in some capacity. 75th seems like the way to go in terms of that regard.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Grompa wrote: April 5th, 2023, 9:42 pm Hey Disinfertention,

Sorry for the late reply. Currently I'm studying geography. Sounds cliche but wanted to join 75th Ranger Regiment due to the fact that it's what I envisioned what being in the Army is about. I didn't join the army to sit behind a desk, but to be in active combat role in some capacity. 75th seems like the way to go in terms of that regard.
No worries. I need to turn on some kind of alerts because time flies by these days and I forget to check in. I think there is a fair amount of information on fitness from here and the general internet. I would say to not purchase anything. The type of fitness you want is easily defined through casual searching and educating yourself. Plenty of folks on here have bought workout plans or Apps to help them. Nothing wrong with it at all, just wanted to say that you don't HAVE to buy something to be successful.

Look up the physical requirements to pass RASP. Focus your research on those areas and make a self-assessment on where you stand. Just doing the APFT and 5 mile run with pull-ups is not enough anymore for a self assessment.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Grompa
USAR

Post by Grompa »

Hey Disinfertention,

Late response again. Was gone in Wyoming last week for a field training exercise, and getting ready to head out to Slovenia next month for training with the Slovenian army, plus getting bombarded with finals coming up. And sick appreciate the response. Have a good friend that was prior 75th that sent me a workout routine that I've been sticking with regularly, so I think I'm starting to get more confidence in terms of what I need to be doing in terms of physical training. Appreciate all the insight once again.
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Eli, welcome to the site. This forum is a goldmine in terms of information about the unit you are interested in joining. Read through the letters from school thread to get an idea of what is to come should you secure a slot for RASP. In terms of physical fitness, there are many threads here that detail what kind of workouts/routines work in preparation for RASP which are free!
Also, there are many MOS options that today’s Regiment accepts, and is constantly growing. I recommend you look into the list if it is something you want to consider. Good luck, and keep us posted.

As a wise Ranger once said, “Never, Never Quit!”
RLTW!
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
Mentee to Ranger Slowpoke
"Get that lumber in his teeth! Let 'em know you're there!" - Reggie Dunlop
PUT ON THE FOIL!

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”