Introduction - Steven

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Steven
Egg

Introduction - Steven

Post by Steven »

Hi, my name is Steven, I'm 17 years old. I'm currently a senior in high school. I enlisted in the army 2 weeks ago and currently in the delayed entry program. I ship out for basic on May 31, 2022. I look forward to learning any lessons or getting any advice while working towards becoming a Ranger.
Steven
Egg

Re: Introduction - Steven

Post by Steven »

I forgot to mention what mos I enlisted with. I enlisted with a 68w opt 40 contract.
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com Steven. This website is a literal library full of information that will help you achieve your goals, if you use it correctly and trust the process. You'll see patterns from different posts/threads in what makes people successful, and what makes them unsuccessful in their endeavors. I would start reading the Letters From School thread, the PT Improvement thread, and other people's intros to find these patterns and utilize them for yourself. Anyways, tell us more about yourself. What was your reasoning behind choosing a medic contract? What's your PT looking like? Why do YOU want to become a Ranger? Did you play team sports growing up?

Looking forward to hearing from you. RLTW!
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
Mentee to Ranger Slowpoke
"Get that lumber in his teeth! Let 'em know you're there!" - Reggie Dunlop
PUT ON THE FOIL!
Steven
Egg

Post by Steven »

I decided to choose a medic contract because I want to help care for any Rangers that get hurt. I have huge respect for people who volunteer to protect the U.S. and it's ideals despite knowing the potential costs so I want to do what I can to support them.
In terms of pt:
Push ups - 70
Sit ups - 76
2 mile - 11:58
5 mile - 36 minutes
Pull ups - 16
I personally want to become a Ranger because from what I've seen it is a very competitive and professional environment. Also, relating to the Abram's Charter, I want to represent what a good soldier looks like and I want to teach people the skills that I've learned so that they can better themselves. Also the mission set that Rangers have also attracts me. Yes I have done sports. I've competed in football, track and field, cross country, and wrestling.
jester
Ranger

Post by jester »

Welcome to the website this is the best place to get support and info. Your PT scores look great, better than mine my senior year. I think you will have the edge because of your motivation and energy for joining. I like to believe the greatest thing a Ranger can carry into battle and life is his mindset, yours is a solid base for development. I am looking forward to seeing your updates going into the future. Keep driving on.
2/75 Cco 2-3 Outlaws 2005-2009
RGR Class 07-07
Stay alert stay alive
AnthonyColucci
Egg

Post by AnthonyColucci »

You'll see trends in the postings and threads about what makes people successful and fail in their undertakings. To uncover these patterns and apply them to yourself, I recommend reading the PT Improvement topic, the Letters From School thread, and other people's introductions. 
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

AnthonyColucci wrote: February 10th, 2023, 10:51 pm  You'll see trends in the postings and threads about what makes people successful and fail in their undertakings. To uncover these patterns and apply them to yourself, I recommend reading the PT Improvement topic, the Letters From School thread, and other people's introductions. 
Anthony, I appreciate you participating in the discussion. At ArmyRanger.com it is required to post an introduction before any other posts/replies/advice is given. Please do so for your 2nd post.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”