Introduction - Matthew

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Matthew19
Embryo

Re: Introduction - Matthew

Post by Matthew19 »

Ranger Disinfertention,

I can't believe I never thought of using Google maps. As for the app I was using, it comes standard on Androids and helps you keep track of all sorts of information from workouts to caffeine intake. It's pretty neat really.

The 270 goal is a vary good idea that I will start working towards.

I was reading the forums and saw something about DEPs being granted access to a mentoring forum? I know I'm not a DEP yet but I'm hoping I could be given access to this. I think I could greatly benefit from it.

I'll update when I can,
Matthew
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Matthew19 wrote: September 16th, 2019, 2:28 pm I was reading the forums and saw something about DEPs being granted access to a mentoring forum? I know I'm not a DEP yet but I'm hoping I could be given access to this. I think I could greatly benefit from it.
Access to those forums is for Rangers, OPT 40s, and some prior service. One step at a time! 8)
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Matthew19
Embryo

Post by Matthew19 »

Disinfertention wrote: September 16th, 2019, 3:56 pm
Matthew19 wrote: September 16th, 2019, 2:28 pm I was reading the forums and saw something about DEPs being granted access to a mentoring forum? I know I'm not a DEP yet but I'm hoping I could be given access to this. I think I could greatly benefit from it.
Access to those forums is for Rangers, OPT 40s, and some prior service. One step at a time! 8)
Fair enough. Figured it wouldn't hurt to ask though :D

-Matthew
Matthew19
Embryo

Post by Matthew19 »

Rangers,

This is a long overdue but much needed update.

Schooling- I've finished both high school and my AA degree. I graduate from college on the 23rd so everything is good there. However, I won't get my high school diploma until May so hopefully that doesn't throw a wrench into things. If it does, oh wells, more time to PT.

PT/Medical- I've got to be honest here. I did not PT over the holidays under the excuse of the chest pain. However, I did go to a cardiologist on the 30th and got cleared from their standpoint but the cause of the pain still remains unknown. On the bright side I don't have shortness of breath or anything and I'm cleared so I'm back to PTing. At this point my goal is to pass a PT test before going off to basic but as always, the more points the better.

Recruitment- nothing has changed here. I'm still waiting on my birthday to start the process.

I'm still hopeful,
Matthew
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

I would imagine you will need proof of graduation from high school or college transcript to enlist. Don't take my word for it.

Plenty of time to work through everything. If you have to wait try to keep up with additional school work or like you said, do more PT. Just as well you got some time over the holidays anyway and taking care of yourself health wise is always a top priority. Hopefully something like that doesn't come back... Keep at it and check in when you can!
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Matthew19
Embryo

Post by Matthew19 »

Rangers,

I finished MEPS today and signed my contact. I was able to get 68w but was DQ for airborne because of something with my ears. I can post a better explanation in the Discord if needed. Other than that I'm good to go and I ship out on the 31st.

V/r
Matthew

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”