Introduction - Nick

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

NoFearNick
Ranger

Introduction - Nick

Post by NoFearNick »

Greetings Rangers and other members of the site,

My name is Nick and I am 23 years old. I have a B.S. in criminal justice and have been working full-time as a personal trainer/nutritionist for the last 1.5 years following graduation. I am currently enlisted in the DEP with an 11x-Option 40 contract and I ship for basic 20181106. I have wanted this since I was a child and have been preparing for years with a specific emphasis on things such as PT, land nav and pertinent Ranger knowledge such as The Creed. I am ready and willing to post any additional information asked of me such as PT metrics, but I will keep the intro brief for now. Thank you to all Rangers and other contributing members of the site; I look forward to corresponding with you. Have a blessed day.
11X Option 40

Ship Date: 20181106
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Re: Introduction - Nick

Post by Disinfertention »

Hey Nick,

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com. You're getting to us a bit late but it's good you signed up either way.

Why did you decide to enlist now instead of right out of school? What are your career goals with the military?

If you have administered a self APFT, go ahead and post those results so we can check your progress so far. Have you done a 5 mile timed run yet? With only a couple weeks before you ship staying focused on APFT events and cardio will probably be best.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
NoFearNick
Ranger

Post by NoFearNick »

Thank you for the reply Ranger Disinfertention. I had always planned to enlist however my mind and my heart were not right upon graduation. I was waiting for the right time when I felt I was as ready as possible to go “all in” and respond to what I felt was a calling. I was not willing to attempt such a task without being right with myself and my faith. So, I decided to get some real life work experience in a field I liked while I straightened out.

As of right now, I feel that I may very well make the military a career and stay in as long as I can be a productive asset.I want to serve in any capacity necessary and hopefully attend a variety of schools and training opportunities. I also fully intend to continue my education and earn an MBA as soon as the opportunity is available.Regardless, as of now I am just trying to focus on the task at hand and execute to the best of my ability.

As for the APFT, my scores valid within the last two weeks are as follows:

2 mile: 12:05
Pushups: 90
Sit-ups: 94
5 mile: 33:35
Pullups: 25

I can provide any other metrics requested as well. Thank you for your time.
11X Option 40

CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Nick.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
NoFearNick
Ranger

Post by NoFearNick »

Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV and Ranger xray, thank you both for the welcome and well wishes.

Thank you Ranger Lunch for the advice and the welcome. I’m ready to embrace the challenges that await.
11X Option 40

centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Welcome.

You're on a very short fuze regarding your ship date and joining the site.

Sponge up every drop of info you possibly can, memorize the Ranger creed, forward, backwards, and everything in between and keep improving your level of PT.

Good luck on your journey and keep us posted when you can.

RLTW!
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
NoFearNick
Ranger

Post by NoFearNick »

Ranger centermass, I will continue to read and retain as much information as possible. Thank you for the support, I will update as often as possible throughout the process.
11X Option 40

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”