Introduction - J

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Green_19
Embryo

Introduction - J

Post by Green_19 »

Hello Rangers, my name is J, I’m currently enlisted in the US Navy as a Technician (CTR). I am an E-4 who will be transitioning over to the Army come September 21st of this year.

Right now my plan is to cross branch as an 11B contract with option 40. I’m still waiting for my B2G package to be approved on the Army side (should hear back in 2 weeks or so). Once it comes back down I should know more about my dates of when I ship out and schooling I will receive. I will be transitioning over and keeping my rank. I am also a combat veteran (I say that loosely due to the fact that I was on board my ship and not boots on ground during the time of the events in October of 2016 off the coast of Yemen.) I am currently stationed (<strong>ADMIN EDIT</strong>) out of Norfolk, Virginia

I look forward to discussing and learning from those who came before me about the Army Rangers and eventually reaching my goal of donning my tan beret and picking up a pair of OCPs each morning instead of my NWUs.

Vr,

CTR3

**NOTE**
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Re: Introduction - J

Post by centermass »

Please remember to use OPSEC whenever you post. You of all people should know this.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Green_19
Embryo

Post by Green_19 »

Roger that Ranger Centermass, I you are right about that one. Thank you for catching it and welcoming me here.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, J.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Green_19
Embryo

Post by Green_19 »

Thank you Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV!
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Hey J,

Welcome to the site. Through your research, you have no doubt figured out that this site has a mass of knowledge like no other out there... Which is mostly all hyper focused on how to become a Ranger in the 75th.

Keep us update on your Blue to Green packet (I assume that is what that stands for). Please let us know when it gets fully approved and I will change your status.

Have you been conducting PT to prepare yourself to swap? If you have not, it would be a good idea to. Give yourself an APFT and post your scores here when complete.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Green_19
Embryo

Post by Green_19 »

Ranger Disinfertention, copy that. My COC forgot to sign the most important part of the package so today I am walking it up for that. Today hopefully (if I’m off in time) I will be able to take it by the recruiting office to route it through the proper COC on the Army side.

As far as PT goes I am currently following the 12 week training program I found on the Army’s website for preparation for RASP 1.

I am aware of the APFT I have to do for the site, I plan on completing that this afternoon after the recruiters office as long as the weather holds up due to the fact that it has been raining almost constantly the past few days. I will post the scores later on sometime this evening.
Thank you Ranger Disinfertention for the welcome!
Green_19
Embryo

Post by Green_19 »

Rangers, as far as in my free time at work when I have a few minutes I’ve been brushing up on my Ranger history via the forums on the website and going over former Ranger operations and researching books for leadership purposes to teach myself better leadership. I am currently working on reading Sun Tzu’s Art of War. I am willing to look into any recommendations given to me and will continue to look through the forums for more information and reading material. I am 100% focused on becoming a Ranger one day soon and preparing for the suck one day at a time. Thank you Rangers for creating this website for all of us looking to follow in your footsteps and those who have gone before that are no longer with us.
Green_19
Embryo

Post by Green_19 »

Rangers, after work today I conducted my APFT. The scores are as follows:
Push Up: 77
Sit Ups: 81
2 mi Run: 14:57
Pull Ups: 11

I understand that improvement is always an option and my run could have and should have been a lot better. I will continue my distance runs and my sprints to increase my speed and endurance to work towards a sub 13 minute 2 mile run.

As far as the status on my package for blue to green, I should have it back tomorrow morning signed by my CO and take it to the Army Recruiters office tomorrow afternoon.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Those are great scores J, obviously you know your top area to improve. Your 2 mile run is a bit slow. Did you do pull-ups or chin-ups?

Have you been rucking at all? It's not something to put off or hope you get used to at RASP or AIT.

When is the last time you ran 5 miles?

You can see my focus here. Having military experience and coming from another branch the two top things you can control is your institutional knowledge of the military and your PT. You will be a student in AIT like the others, but those two qualities can set you apart and develop your leadership skills that you will need in RASP and Regiment.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Green_19
Embryo

Post by Green_19 »

Ranger Disinfertention, I have not been rucking yet. I know it is important to do, I am waiting for my ruck to come in currently to begin doing ruck runs.

I did pull ups for the APFT, normally I rotate between pull ups and chin ups during my workout though because from what I’ve read they have you do both so it’s better to not focus on one.

As far as the last time I’ve ran 5 miles it has been a while but I am planning on a nice distance run tomorrow morning, I even downloaded some cadence to run to and keep my pace.

I also understand that an E4 in the Army actually holds a leadership type position so that will be sometime I’m not necessarily new to but will of course need to improve on and learn as much as possible about before that time comes. The Navy’s E4 is more or less what I would consider the Army’s E3 to be. The same with the leadership role of the Army’s Sergeant, I would go as far as to say they hold the leadership position of the Navy’s E6. I do plan on putting myself in leadership positions as often as I can to get more experience from it all though.

Thanks for all of the help Ranger Disinfertention!
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Keep at it.

You are prior service. Do not assume yourself as a follower. Be prepared to lead.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Green_19
Embryo

Post by Green_19 »

Copy that Ranger Disinfertention!

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”