Introduction - Dylan

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Dylan84
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction - Dylan

Post by Dylan84 »

Hello, my name is Dylan and I am a senior in high school, 18 years old, in Georgia. I secured an 11X Option 40 contract about a year ago, and my ship date is 5 June 2018. I want to be a Ranger because I can't picture myself doing anything different, and I want to stand with the toughest warriors and shoot grown men in the face. Over the last few years I've read many books, blogs, and listened to many podcasts about Rangers, as well as talked to my older high school friends that are currently in the Regiment, and former and retired Rangers. This is, without a doubt, the path I am going to take. Thank you for the opportunity to introduce myself and I look forward to talking with you.
Dylan
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Re: Introduction - Dylan

Post by Disinfertention »

Hey Dylan,

Welcome to the site. I saw you lurking the other day so hopefully that means you've been scanning some of our topics and learning what you can from searching the site. There is decades of information on here... A lot to go through. Please ensure you do search here and elsewhere if you plan to post a question. I'd rather answer a well researched question that may have been asked before instead of just the same old stuff.

You're on a pretty short time line. I have sent you a PM with some details. Please respond to it when you can.

Do you have more than 1 high school friend that currently serves in Regiment? Did any of them use this site prior to them going?

Please update your signature block the next time you are on.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Dylan84
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Dylan84 »

Ranger Disinfertention,
Thank you for the info. I'm fortunate enough to have 3 friends I met in high school that currently serve in the Regiment, one in each Battalion, which is a great resource on the different experiences of each location. To my knowledge I do not think they have registered here, but they may have used it when researching. I stumbled across this website while doing some research myself months ago, but this week I decided to join in on the conversation. So far I don't have any unanswered questions. I've done almost an unbelievable amount of research on Rangers. At this point in my life I know what I need to do in order to succeed down this road. This past weekend I went to the Ranger Open House in Dahlonega, GA, for my second time. Last year there were active Rangers that I gained a lot of info from, and this year was mostly just guys that were tabbed but they had a lot of info about working with Rangers so that was a different perspective on it that I'm glad I came across.

Here's some info just to get a better idea of who I am:
I'm 5'6", 145lbs
In high school I was on the wrestling team and Raider Team in Army JROTC
I'm have a strong upper body and I'm pretty flexible (thanks to wrestling)
I suck at running. My 2 mile is around 13:45 and I can run 5 miles under 40min, but for me this is very dissatisfying because I know Rangers can run like the wind
Right now I'm and focusing on rucking and running.
Today was my last day of work at a local mechanic shop so that I can focus more on PT between now and my ship date in June
As far as my Ranger knowledge goes, I know every word of the Creed, and I am currently studying and taking notes about the history and lineage of the Rangers

Also, I'm pretty sure I fixed my signature. This website is a little slow on my computer.

Thanks
Dylan
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Good update, Dylan. I recall one other DEP talking about that open house. I think it may have been the same one but I am not sure. Glad you were able to interact with some of the community.

I wouldn't really say a 13:45 is bad, by any means. It's good to be critical of yourself. That's a solid quality to have. Don't lose it.

If you haven't done so within the last 2 weeks, self administer a APFT with chin-ups and report your scores here.

Your signature block is still a no-go. Check out some of the other DEP signature blocks if you are unsure.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”