Intro: JoeJ

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Joej
Future Soldier / Opt40

Intro: JoeJ

Post by Joej »

Rangers and future soldiers,

This is my introduction post, my name is Joe i am in the DEP with an 11x option 40 contract. I came across this site looking for help with my pt scores, more specifically my weaknesses which are running and sit-ups and along the way found great information. I just turned 18 last week, I ship to OSUT july 17th. my pt scores are 66 push-ups, 52 sit-ups, 2 mile in 13:32, and 17 deadhang pull-ups (palms out). I originally wanted to be a SEAL but i talked to my uncle who was in 1st batt when i was 16 and he set me straight haha.. after he told me what rangers did, all the schools he went to, the as he called it "spartan lifestyle", i was pretty my hooked after that. i am following the 12 week RASP training plan of the fort benning website with some added running, calisthenics, rucking, squats, and deadlifts, and studying the ranger creed and ranger history. I'm not sure how to end this haha but thanks for reading.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Re: Intro: JoeJarrell

Post by Disinfertention »

Joe,

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com! There are a couple issues with your post that need to be cleaned up before you post again. Please understand we do not allow you to edit posts here so that you can learn and not just sweep your trash under the rug.

1. Speak professionally here. Treat it like you a writing a paper for school since that is what you are most familiar with. I know if you are posting from a phone that is not always easy. Doing the right thing will never be easy.
2. Ensure you read the stickies and FAQs in the introduction forum. That would have helped on problem 1.
3. If you have a problem with 1 or 2 remember you are a guest here on our site. I am very happy you found us and if you do want to be a Ranger this is the best resource out there that I am aware of.
4. I have PM'd you of the other issue. Please respond to me as soon as you can so we can fix it.

To your introduction content: Congratulations on your OPT 40 contract! Sometimes that is the hardest thing for DEPs - to achieve that in writing. Now that is over you have a few months to prepare. Not the shortest time but not long at all. Let's get your issues mentioned straight and then we can talk about other benefits for OPT 40's on the site to help you get prepared if you so desire.

PT scores are good, sit-ups will come. Technique is sometimes a key issue with guys. Also, chin-ups are what is tested. So do pull-ups for PT as well but you should be graded on chin-ups and none of our Mentees have mentioned otherwise coming out of RASP.

What time frame was your Uncle in 1/75? Every generation of Ranger graces this page on any given day of the week.

Again, glad to have you here. Unfuck yourself from your initial post and you'll do great. 8)
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Joej
Future Soldier / Opt40

Re: Intro: JoeJarrell

Post by Joej »

Roger Ranger disinfertention
Disinfertention