Intro - Will

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Midrare
Embryo

Intro - Will

Post by Midrare »

Hello Rangers,

I have been lurking on your site for a couple months now without an account. The wealth of information on your site is incredible. Although the search function is quite unique, I have figured it out. Thank you!

My name is Will, I am 20 years old with an Associates Degree. I am in the process of preparing both physically and mentally to acquire an 11x Option 40 contract within the next 18 months. I am a long way out from even seeing a recruiter. Although, I will continue to prepare in whichever way I can.

My goal is to defeat RASP and become the best Ranger Infantrymen I can be. I hope to endure the hardships to become a respected leader and member of your Regiment. I will now redirect fire to Ranger history and PT.

Sincerely,
Midrare
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Re: Intro - Will

Post by Disinfertention »

Hey Will,

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com. If you've been lurking here for quite some time then you know this a great place to poke around on and you will soon find out that it is even better once you participate in what we do here. Good to hear you have already earned an associates. What is it in? I take it by your timeline you are not planning to get a 4 year degree yet. Don't lose site of that once you join the military.

Tell us a bit more about yourself when you can. What part of the country are you in? Are you working or focused on school only? Even though you are still many months off from enlisting I recommend you self administer a APFT and report your scores.

Continue to read the FAQs and stickies and as always use the search feature. Make sure to update us on what you have going on!
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Midrare
Embryo

Post by Midrare »

Ranger Disinfertention, I am currently not in school for this semester. However I plan on completing another 36-40 credit hours before I see a recruiter. My Associates is in general studies, as the degree was to mainly please my family. I am located in VA Beach and have lived here all of my life.

Affirmative Ranger Disinfertention I anticipated being requested to complete an APFT and conducted one yesterday.

PU: 72
SU: 77
2 Mile: 11:47

Best RPFT:
PU:69
SU:75
5 Mile: 32:28
Chins: 22

Currently I am working on increasing my aerobic base by ramping up from 45-50 miles per week to 75-80 miles.
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Welcome here Will, this place is a goldmine of information for those that spend the time to use it. Good luck to you.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Good scores, Will. But never settle. What is one fitness goal you have before you ship?

What is your undergrad degree in?

75 miles a week is pretty impressive. Do you run half-marathons or full?
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Midrare
Embryo

Post by Midrare »

Ranger IntelToad, thank you.

Ranger Disinfertention, This example isn’t a singular goal but to give you an idea of what I’m aiming for this should help. My goal is to ship in good shape, strong as possible without excessive bulk, informed on what I can be, calm but excited, adaptable and not overtrained.

Ranger Disinfertention I have not decided on what major I will pursue. However, I am strongly leaning towards a Bachelors in Leadership.

Ranger Disinfertention I am running a 10k on Saint Patricks day. I am not a runner by any means. I absolutely hate running but “A Message to Garcia” and the “Ranger’s Creed” requires me to be a self-starter. I made the choice to begin, I will see it through. On another note, I have never ran distance with other people so I am feeling optimistic that I can break a sub 37:00 minute 10k with a little external motivation.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Not a runner but plans to do a sub 40 minute 10k. :lol: Let us know how it goes!

All good goals. Continue to research fitness. There are a lot of resources out there that can put you in good physical shape for RASP and similar courses off this website.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Midrare
Embryo

Post by Midrare »

Roger, Ranger Disinfertention.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”