Introduction - Robert

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

C0LDY
Future Soldier

Introduction - Robert

Post by C0LDY »

Hi, my name is Robert, I'm 16 years old from Delaware and a Junior in a Vocational High School where I am learning the trade of being a Small Gas Engine Technician. I am currently apart of a program founded under The Department of the Navy called the 'United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps' I am also apart of the Boy Scouts of America and will hopefully earn the rank of Eagle Scout by the end of 2018. I came across armyranger.com and was immediately interested and began researching many of the topics, I told my twin brother Matthew about this website and he is also going to be completing his introduction too. We plan to be training buddy's and will strive to push each other both to our limits and towards success. PFT scores will be recorded and uploaded within 72 hours.

I am aspiring to join the Military and have the ambitions of enlisting in the US Army and possibly getting a 11X opt 40 contract.

I look forward to being a member of this site and learning more about Army Rangers.
11X
Ship Date: 20200128

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member

RASP 02-21
RS 03-23
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Robert

Post by Jim »

Welcome Robert, If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you're at the right site. We at ArmyRanger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Please tell us more about yourself. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top left of this page in the Quick Links. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. We have a set of twins that just completed RASP; the Sullivan brothers. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Robert.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
C0LDY
Future Soldier

Post by C0LDY »

Roger Ranger Jim, I have read both of their SITREP's and will strive to succeed with my brother just as they have.
I've spent quite a bit of time researching the forums of armyranger.com and am currently working on memorizing the Ranger Creed and history of the Rangers, this site truly has a huge wealth of information. The success story's and Letters from School forum and threads are incredibly inspiring and motivating.

I hope to continue to improve my PFT, my end goal at the minimum is to uphold the APFT standard for a 300 score previous to 1998 which are 82 push-ups 92 sit-ups and 11:54 2mi run. By the time I am ready to enlist I have no doubt that I will be able compete with a 300+ score on the PFT.

My brother and I plan to drive out to a local High School track field tomorrow to preform a max push-ups, sit-ups and 2 mi run as well as max dead hang pull-ups. We will continue to train at home as workout buddy's everyday until then and plan on posting an updated PFT every week or every two weeks to record our progress.
11X

RASP 02-21
RS 03-23
C0LDY
Future Soldier

Post by C0LDY »

Roger Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV, it's a privilege and honor to be here.
11X

RASP 02-21
RS 03-23
C0LDY
Future Soldier

Post by C0LDY »

Rangers,

I have completed my PFT with my brother. I am disappointed in my scores but as always, the biggest room is the room for improvement.
My scores consist of the following as of 9/15/17.

PU - 66
SU - 90
Pull-ups - 7
2 mile run - 12:29

I will continue to train to the best of my abilities. I hope to improve these scores drastically over the next several months, I plan to start running everyday as well as continue to work on improving my push-ups and sit-ups.

I will be camping this weekend unfortunately, and won't be back home until the 17th however my brother and I will try our best to check in for any updates.

I plan to post an updated PFT every 2 weeks to record my progress.

I look forward to improving myself and future updates.
11X

RASP 02-21
RS 03-23
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

I plan to post an updated PFT every 2 weeks to record my progress.
Give yourself at least two weeks between AFPT. Any less and you will find that in many cases you waste your time and do not capture your progress.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
C0LDY
Future Soldier

Post by C0LDY »

Roger Ranger Jim,

I look forward to posting an update in 2 weeks.
11X

RASP 02-21
RS 03-23
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Robert, has your brother registered on the site and what is his screen-name?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
C0LDY
Future Soldier

Post by C0LDY »

Roger Ranger Jim, his screen-name is "Carpenter".

Additionally as an update, my Brother and I are continuing to PT regularly. My Sea Cadet division recently completed our Marksmanship qualification for both Rifle's and Pistol's using AR-15's and 9mm at 5, 10, 15 and 20yrds. I am proud to say that my brother and I both qualified as Expert using the Rifle. I still qualified with my pistol however It is not as good as my rifle qualification. My division commander is a retired Army Ranger who I believe was in 1/75 during the invasion of Panama is allowing my brother and I to take home his laser practice pistols to help us practice more. If any Rangers are interested on information about my Division or Drill weekends feel free to ask. This upcoming weekend my unit is heading out for an encampment and are going to be completing land navigation as well as team building and leadership training. Later in the year we will be completing Scuba training and this upcoming winter my brother and I possibly have the opportunity to complete "Field Ops" down in Florida which is supposed to mimic special operations training and would be run by the Army.
I plan to start practice rucking this month with a starting weight of 35lbs and plan to increase the weight gradually over the course of several weeks to several months.

I apologize for the late reply and the long text pushing out 50+1, over the past several weeks I have been digging through this website and following the journey of previous "Future Soldiers" who went on to become Rangers as well as those who did not. This site is a gold mine with so much information. My only question is how do you get added to "The Mentoring Zone" their are many topics and threads that I would like to view however I am unauthorized.
11X

RASP 02-21
RS 03-23
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Welcome here Robert, good luck to you.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
C0LDY
Future Soldier

Post by C0LDY »

Thank you Ranger IntelToad

A update from this weekend.
Land navigation went okay, my division commander and a Marine currently on the path to being a MARSOC Operator taught the course and taught how to find azimuth and how to find the correct coordinates on a grid for example to call in artillery or air support. We were taught going from a 4 squared to 8 squared grid for the most accurate position. This was my first time learning how to do this and honestly it was quite confusing at first but I made sure I understood the concept and I was reassured that every time you do something like this it gets easier. I most definitely will improve in the future, my life of someone else's life may depend on it someday.

I asked my Division Commander what he did to help prepare himself for RASP (I believe it was called RIP during his Ranger era) he asked if my brother and I really wanted to know, we said yes and he said it would be extremely difficult and that he's had marines quit because it was to difficult. He didn't say much more other than that we'd be swimming several miles a day and a 20 mile run every Friday and that the first time we miss a day or mess up he's done, my brother and I both agreed we we'd have to work ourself up to running the 20 miles as well as start swimming regularly but we are prepared to ask him to give us something to chew on in the meantime. My brother will email him tomorrow morning, we will continue to train and will incorporare or modify our training to whatever he throws at us.

This past weekend one of the PettyOfficers who I met at Sea Cadet boot camp this past summer told me during firewatch that he enlisted and is shipping out to basic this June with a 68W Option 40 contract. I told him congratulations and I told him about ArmyRanger.com and encouraged him to join, hopefully he will be joining this site in the near future.

I will continue to stay active and research topics and read Introductions and SITREP's from previous users who have become Rangers.
11X

RASP 02-21
RS 03-23
C0LDY
Future Soldier

Post by C0LDY »

Rangers,

I have received a physcial training routine from my division Commander and will be incorporating it with my previous physical training.

It follows:

Monday- 5 mile walk with 75 lb pack, 200 sit ups, 200 push ups, 40 chin ups, Rope climb 5 times.

Tuesday- Indoor swim (with pants and shirt) 10 laps, tread water with cloths 2-10 minutes, 2 mile run.

Wednesday- 5 mile walk with 75 lb pack, draw map of route (w/compass), weight: chest, arms, lats, squats, triceps.

Thursday- Rest day.

Friday- 5 mile run in less than 40 minutes, 60 push ups 2 min, 75 sit ups 2 min, 10 chin ups, rope climb 2 times.

Saturday- Commanders Day.

Sunday- 12 mile foot march (in boots/w pack).

I will begin this routine with my brother immediately and will keep you Rangers updated on our progress.
11X

RASP 02-21
RS 03-23
C0LDY
Future Soldier

Post by C0LDY »

Rangers,

My brother and I completed the Monday task list to the best of our abilities, the 5 mile walk with 75 lb pack was a wake up call that we both need better packs, for both of us the majority of the weight was on our shoulders instead of on our hips, this made the 5 mile walk quite difficult and for the most part painful, however we pushed through. Unfortunatly we haven't found a place to do rope climbs but we're continuing to search.
My brother and I got memberships at a local YMCA but was told to wait 2-3 business days before using the membership so my brother and I were not able to complete the Tuesday task-list, we are instead doubling up and not taking Thursday off and either not having a rest day or moving the Commanders Day. This way we will be able to complete the tasks.

Rangers, I will continue to keep you posted on our progress.
11X

RASP 02-21
RS 03-23
C0LDY
Future Soldier

Post by C0LDY »

Rangers,

Yesterday was the Commaders day we started our workout by running a 5 gallon water jug up and down a hill followed by other exercises like using workout ropes, dips, pull-ups, rope climbs and much more. The exercises had almost no breaks in between, my brother was able to complete all the exercises I unfortunatly started to feel sick and my vision started fading. To be completely honest I felt like a wuss and I didn't want it to seem like I was bitching out on the exercises but I was constantly feeling like I was going to throw up and pass out.

I was feeling sick over the weekend and I feel like this could be a product of a virus I might've caught. I do however also think that this was also a product of me having poor cardio. I will continue to work on improving my cardio to help further prevent this problem.

Additionally, our Commander also gave my brother and I copies of both the Ranger's Creed and the Soldier's Creed and told us to read it out loud before every workout and to memorize both of them.
My brothers YMCA membership was approved, I am still waiting to receive an email confirming my membership.

I will continue to keep you Rangers posted on our progress.
11X

RASP 02-21
RS 03-23

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”