Introduction-Andrew

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Saltydog
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction-Andrew

Post by Saltydog »

Hi my name is Andrew, I am 19 years old and currently in the process of enlisting in the Army as an 11x Option 40. I graduated High School last year and now working full time as a mechanic. I'm currently waiting to enlist until my small claims court matter is settled, until then i'm working out and just trying to prepare the best that I can. I am really excited to be apart of the site and looking forward to learn and listen.
11x Option 40
Shipdate: 20170130
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction-Andrew

Post by Jim »

Andrew, If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Please tell us more about yourself. Where are you from and where are you going to school? Why do you want to be a Ranger? You have not established a PT baseline to build on, so we look forward to your posting your APFT scores within the next 72 hours. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Andrew.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Saltydog
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Saltydog »

Roger Ranger Jim, I live in the southern part of Raleigh North Carolina. The reason i'm pursuing this route is for one I want to serve with the best, I want to work with highly motivated individuals as a team, doing a job most people don't want to do, I love my country and will defend her with my life.

My APFT
PU: 63
SU: 67
2 Mile run: 15:30
Pull Ups: 10
Score:237

I'm definitely in need of some improvement which is partly why I am here.
11x Option 40
Saltydog
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Saltydog »

Roger Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV
11x Option 40
ncgater
Ranger Dad

Post by ncgater »

Saltydog wrote:Roger Ranger Jim, I live in the southern part of Raleigh North Carolina. The reason i'm pursuing this route is for one I want to serve with the best, I want to work with highly motivated individuals as a team, doing a job most people don't want to do, I love my country and will defend her with my life.

My APFT
PU: 63
SU: 67
2 Mile run: 15:30
Pull Ups: 10
Score:237
I think these PT scores are not too bad. Definitely something to build from. Work on that run though. 15:30 does not project too well out at 5 miles. I will suggest a target of under 14 before MEPS. Push yourself hard. You are capable of more than what you think.

I am interested in the south of Raleigh part. My Ranger son and I are from Mebane. I drive to Raleigh most everyday. If you are interested, next time my son is in town we could have lunch and you two could talk Ranger stuff.
Saltydog
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Saltydog »

Thanks for the reply ncgater, much respect to you and your son. I was curious if you had a program you could recommend to help with my run times, that would be appreciated. I live in Fuquay Varina which is about an hour from Mebane, and yes sir i'd love to meet up with you guys just PM me whenever you are free.
11x Option 40
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Saltydog wrote:Hi my name is Andrew, I am 19 years old and currently in the process of enlisting in the Army as an 11x Option 40. I graduated High School last year and now working full time as a mechanic. I'm currently waiting to enlist until my small claims court matter is settled, until then i'm working out and just trying to prepare the best that I can. I am really excited to be apart of the site and looking forward to learn and listen.
Why did you post in the Ranger/Veteran/Parent Introduction forum? You are none of the above.

Do 50 push ups for lack of attention to detail. Don't cheat yourself either, do them right, it will only benefit you.

When you're done politely ask one of the Mods/Admin's to fix it for you.

Attention to detail is very important, learn it now and save yourself some pain down the road.

Welcome.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Saltydog
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Saltydog »

Roger Ranger cams
11x Option 40
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

cams wrote: Why did you post in the Ranger/Veteran/Parent Introduction forum? You are none of the above.

Do 50 push ups for lack of attention to detail. Don't cheat yourself either, do them right, it will only benefit you.

When you're done politely ask one of the Mods/Admin's to fix it for you.

Attention to detail is very important, learn it now and save yourself some pain down the road.

Welcome.
Moved to the correct introduction thread.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Andrew, please check your PM. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
ncgater
Ranger Dad

Post by ncgater »

Saltydog wrote:Thanks for the reply ncgater, much respect to you and your son. I was curious if you had a program you could recommend to help with my run times, that would be appreciated. I live in Fuquay Varina which is about an hour from Mebane, and yes sir i'd love to meet up with you guys just PM me whenever you are free.
Yes Andrew I do. M-F run 5 miles every day. Every mile, drop and give me 30. It does not need to be fast. But it does need to be relentless. You can finish this in an hour. It worked for me, only took one winter too. I took my PT score from low 200's to 300. I think this alone got me promoted to E-5.

My son goes to the gym. Pushes metal plates around, listens to music, shit like that. Myself I preferred running on a track earning the miles. Everything you need to make yourself more physically fit is contained within your mind. I don't think you need that other stuff. Pushups and run. That is really all you need. Just my opinion.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”