Introduction-Ryan

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

EPSILON32
Future Soldier/ 18 Series

Introduction-Ryan

Post by EPSILON32 »

Hello Rangers, it is a privilege to join this site. My name is Ryan, I have been creeping around this site for a while now and I finally got around to joining. A little bit about myself; I am from Utah, age 22, I am married to a wonderful gal, and I want to be a Ranger. Since I was a kid I loved the Military and wanted to be a soldier, and about 6 or so years ago I stumbled across The 75th Ranger Regiment, been hooked reading as much about them as I could get my hands on. I have spent time in college, I have an Associate Degree in Science. Currently I am meeting with a recruiter and we are working toward an 11X Option 40 contract. I have all of my medical records and legal documents in and processing right now; and my recruiter is picking up my application packet today.

Last self administered PT test (A few weeks old)
Push ups-66
Sit ups-67
2 mile run-14:30
Chin ups-18
5 mile run-39:06

I will be taking the PT test with the ROTC near me in 2 or 3 weeks, I will keep you Rangers posted.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction-Ryan

Post by Jim »

Welcome Ryan, If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at ArmyRanger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Please tell us more about yourself. Why do you want to be a Ranger? Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Ryan.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
EPSILON32

Post by EPSILON32 »

Thank you Rangers for the welcome. Ranger Jim I will read the stickies and the FAQ to get more familiar with this site. More about myself, I come from a large family of eight, I grew up in a small town around 5 to 6 thousand people, and I grew up playing sports. I want to be a Ranger for many reasons. It is an exciting and honorable job, one that I can take pride and satisfaction in. I also want to be a part of one of the most elite units in the world. Whatever I commit to I give 100 percent and then some; that type of atmosphere exists in the Regiment and I want that for myself and my family. At the moment I unload freight from trucks for work and prepare it for the stores use, what drives me crazy is lazy people. I can't stand them. When I show up, I show up all the way. That is a little bit of why I want to be a Ranger. They walk the harder road than most, but it is fulfilling and that is what I want to work toward.
EPSILON32

Post by EPSILON32 »

Hello Rangers, just a quick update for you. My recruiter called this morning and set up a MEPS appointment for this Thursday and Friday. Do you have any advice or knowledge to obtain an option 40 if my scores are sufficient?
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

EPSILON32 wrote:Hello Rangers, just a quick update for you. My recruiter called this morning and set up a MEPS appointment for this Thursday and Friday. Do you have any advice or knowledge to obtain an option 40 if my scores are sufficient?
Try this link:

http://www.benning.army.mil/tenant/75th ... uiting.htm
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

EPSILON32 wrote:Hello Rangers, just a quick update for you. My recruiter called this morning and set up a MEPS appointment for this Thursday and Friday. Do you have any advice or knowledge to obtain an option 40 if my scores are sufficient?
Don't let them sell you on something else if Opt40 is what you want. Just politely say no and that you'll wait for one, whether it takes them 6 hours or 6 months to get it. They may try to tell you that they don't exist anymore or some other BS story if need be. Don't believe it. Stay on point and accept nothing less.

Here's the "but" in the equation, if you take an Opt 40, you better not fucking waste it by not PT'ing your balls off in preparation to leave or by quitting halfway there, there's no shortage of studs trying to get one, so you better be goddamned sure that it's what you want.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

That is good advice from Ranger Cams, don't except anything less than a Ranger contract. Be polite but firm. Ranger or nothing. Oh yeah, welcome to the site and don't waste this slot. What part of Utah are you from? Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
EPSILON32

Post by EPSILON32 »

Thank you very much for your advice Rangers, I appreciate it greatly. I will let you know how it goes. Rangerjd, I am from a small town called Nephi, but am living in Cedar city with my wife at the moment.
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

I did a lot of rodeoing in that part of the country back in the 70s in High School Rodeo. Nephi and Cedar City both had great rodeos. I love that part of the country, especially the Canyon Lands.

Make sure your recruiter understands completely what you want, don't let them talk you out of it. Make sure you work all of the details out with your wife before you sign, so she knows what she is getting into. It's not an easy life to be the wife of a Ranger. If you make it, you will be gone a lot. The wives that do the best are those that can find something to do, ie, church, YMCA, spouse groups, etc. Keeps their mind busy and gives them a support group. Some of the worst problems I saw in the Ranger Battalion involved angry, disgruntled spouses.

Your APFT scores need work. Read the fitness threads on here, find a good workout, and stick to it. Push harder each workout, always striving to do better each time. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
EPSILON32

Post by EPSILON32 »

Yes Rangerjd, it is a really part of the country. I have also realized that will be the biggest challenge is keeping my wife happy and healthy physically, emotionally, and mentally. We are active in church and we will find her a good group. I do have a lot of work a head of me. They didn't have an option 40 but they did have an 18X and I took it. My departure date is 20160425. I have no time to waste.
EPSILON32

Post by EPSILON32 »

Also Rangers on a funny and random small world note, the RASP documentary from discovery channel. The candidate Hasenfratz who fell asleep at Cole range. Well I met his father and we had quite the conversation. He was a Sargeant Major at MEPS.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

EPSILON32 wrote:Yes Rangerjd, it is a really part of the country. I have also realized that will be the biggest challenge is keeping my wife happy and healthy physically, emotionally, and mentally. We are active in church and we will find her a good group. I do have a lot of work a head of me. They didn't have an option 40 but they did have an 18X and I took it. My departure date is 20160425. I have no time to waste.
I'm confused why you'd even bother to write your other post how much you want to be a Ranger for years blah blah blah. It obviously wasn't sincere or truthful.

After you then asked us for advice on how to get an Opt 40, you fold the very first time a recruiter says "no" to you "take this instead".

18X is great, don't get me wrong, but why waste time saying all this shit about Rangers and Opt 40 if you didn't really want it that bad anyway.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

So Ryan, you enlisted as an 18X. Have you taken your oath?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”