Introduction - Nathan

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

NathanRSF
Tadpole

Re: Introduction - Nathan

Post by NathanRSF »

Thank you Ranger Jim! I will do my best!
NathanRSF
Tadpole

Post by NathanRSF »

Rangers,

I apologize for the delay. Results today:
51 pushups
50 sit-ups
9:00 1 mile run going smooth and Steady (I'm trying to build up to an effective 2 mile by doing lots of 1 mile and 1.5 mile. I'm working at it.)
0 pullups (Again, working hard at it)

On another note, I have decided to quit my job as of early December to focus on School and PT. It was a tough decision but it had to be made. They keep exploiting me and I never have time anymore. My grades took a hit, PT has improved a bit but it could be way better. I just want to take a couple months break to try and basically finish school, improve PT like crazy, and spend more time with my soon to be born niece and all of my other family. It has been great learning expirience but as my brother said, "You will have the rest of your life to work. Focus on whats important now and have the most fun while you can." Keep in mind, Former military, Father of 2 (1 is due in January), works 60 hours a week, full-time school. I admire him and his work ethic.

If anyone has any advice or objections please let me know. I still need all the advice I can get!! Worst comes the worst, I can get Re-hired because they really like me there. Hence, them wanting me to work 24/7. Thank you, Rangers!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Focus your efforts on the close-range target, which I assume is completing school. Please keep us up to date on your progress and what your recruiter is telling you. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
NathanRSF
Tadpole

Post by NathanRSF »

Rangers,
No PT test due to a wart being scraped from my hand. I want it to heel properly. Also, December 2nd is my last day. After that I can focus on School and PT.

Ranger Jim,
Roger that. Trying to focus on the 5m target. Trying to better myself Daily.
NathanRSF
Tadpole

Post by NathanRSF »

Rangers,
PT test update coming in the next week. Probably tomorrow or sunday. Quit my job. Been pushing on school work. Still not where I need to be though. PT will start like crazy next week. Have about a year or two to prepare for my dream. Going to take it one step at a time. Crush one goal at a time. My first goal is 60 pushups, 60 sit-ups, 1-2 pullups (Dead hang), 16:00 2 mile run. Also, I'm trying to get down to 240 by Christmas. Currently 253ish. Was 265. I have been lifting a little more than I should be but I'm still trying my best to transition to calisthenics and endurance from my old roots of powerlifting. It's been nice for a change of pace. Will contine to drive on!
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

Post by RMP-RLTW »

Fuck you, Nathan. Once you have made your decision please come back and tell us who you want to be when you grow up. Never mind, if you don't want to be a goddamn airborne Ranger, fuck you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
NathanRSF
Tadpole

Post by NathanRSF »

RMP-RLTW and other Rangers,

I have given RMP-RLTW's post a lot of consideration. I have decided that I want to go no other unit than the 75th Ranger Regiment. I love the PJ motto, "That Others May Live". But, the 75th is where I need to be. There is no other brotherhood like the Rangers. As I have seen on this site, ShadowSpear.com, and others not affiliated with any site, that the Ranger brotherhood and leadership skills are one of a kind and go unmatched. So I assure all of you on here that that this is where I need to be. This is the job I want to do. I want to be an Airborne Ranger!

Just thought I'd clear that up.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Nathan, What MOS will you enlist for?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
NathanRSF
Tadpole

Post by NathanRSF »

Ranger Jim,

68w or 11b. Preferably 68w. I would settle with either though.
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Grim666 »

There is a huge difference. You better know what you are getting yourself into with a 68W contract. And if you say that you would settle for either then 68W is probably not up your alley.

Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????
NathanRSF
Tadpole

Post by NathanRSF »

Roger Ranger Grim666.

I've been reading a lot on this site about SOCM and 68w AIT. I was thinking to better prepare myself to become a Ranger Medic to get a EMT-B or EMT-P Certification. I contacted Leo Jenkins (author of Lest We Forget, former Ranger Medic) via Instagram and he said that it helped him. He also said that any additional classes in Kinesiology, Anatomy, Biology, ect would be helpful. Would you mind if I could get your take on that Ranger Grim666? Any additional advice might solidify my decision to go 68w. The only thing that is holding me back from 68w is that I lack the confidence in myself at this current moment. I feel being a First Responder could help me boost my knowledge and boost my confidence. Also, it would probably help me mature and grow as a person. No need to rush to get into this career. Maybe some expirience on the civilian side will do me some good...?
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Grim666 wrote:There is a huge difference. You better know what you are getting yourself into with a 68W contract. And if you say that you would settle for either then 68W is probably not up your alley.

Listen to Ranger Grim666, he knows what he is talking about. It's hard enough to make it as an 11B, but long after the 11Bs are in a Battalion doing their jobs, the 68Ws are still in hard/intense training trying to make it into a Battalion. It is a very rewarding, albeit long and hard road to be a Ranger Medic. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
NathanRSF
Tadpole

Post by NathanRSF »

Roger Ranger rangerjd.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

rangerjd wrote:
Grim666 wrote:There is a huge difference. You better know what you are getting yourself into with a 68W contract. And if you say that you would settle for either then 68W is probably not up your alley.

Listen to Ranger Grim666, he knows what he is talking about. It's hard enough to make it as an 11B, but long after the 11Bs are in a Battalion doing their jobs, the 68Ws are still in hard/intense training trying to make it into a Battalion. It is a very rewarding, albeit long and hard road to be a Ranger Medic. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Agree with everything said by both Rangers. A Ranger Medic is very well trained and prepared for the difficult tasks ahead. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
NathanRSF
Tadpole

Post by NathanRSF »

Roger Ranger Jim.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”