Introduction - Nathan

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

nate4801
Embryo

Introduction - Nathan

Post by nate4801 »

Hi my name is Nathan and I came here to get guidance and advice from people who have achieved what I set out to. I am 19 years old and live in Florida, currently I work at a restaurant and have a GED. I'm getting ready to enlist and really dont want to unless I get 11x option 40. Since I only have a GED will this DQ me from the contracts/MOS I want or is it based more so on your ASVAB and line scores. I am willing to do whatever it takes to get the contract and MOS I want. Any insight, advice, or guidance will be greatly appreciated!
rangerjd
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Nathan

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome to the site Nathan. Where do you stand in you physical fitness. Post an APFT so that we can see where you stand, there are threads that tell you how. Make sure you include pull-ups. There are a lot of factors that go into selecting a Ranger, there have been some who were unable to get the contract prior to signing and so they made sure they shined in OSUT and Airborne school, and were selected for RASP at that time. Have you contacted a recruiter yet? When you talk to your recruiter you need to make sure you explain to him what you want and how bad you want it. Be respectful at all times. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Fuego
Ranger

Post by Fuego »

nate4801 wrote:Hi my name is Nathan and I came here to get guidance and advice from people who have achieved what I set out to. I am 19 years old and live in Florida, currently I work at a restaurant and have a GED. I'm getting ready to enlist and really dont want to unless I get 11x option 40. Since I only have a GED will this DQ me from the contracts/MOS I want or is it based more so on your ASVAB and line scores. I am willing to do whatever it takes to get the contract and MOS I want. Any insight, advice, or guidance will be greatly appreciated!
It's been a week. Where have you been? This isn't yahoo answers; we expect dialogue from you. Also, what are your PT scores, with pull-ups as well? If we Re going to assist you, you need to show the willingness and determination to prove yourself worthy.
RC 05-00
A/1/502, 101st Abn 97-98
B/1/501, 172 SIB 98-01
B/2/3, 2ID 01-02
A/3/187, 101st Abn 02-04 (OEF1/OIF1)

USARA - LRR4889 (Life Member)

Shoot low, they're riding Shetlands.
nate4801
Embryo

Post by nate4801 »

Hi fellow Rangers sorry for my absence I didn't have computer access for a few days and Ive been pretty busy this past couple of weeks, however I have been keeping up with PT ! My current PT scores. Pushups: 52 Situps: 90 Run: 15:47(Working on that run time!) Also I'm in Orlando.
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Fellow?

Sent from my iPhone using rocks and sticks.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

IEDmagnet wrote:Fellow?

Sent from my iPhone using rocks and sticks.
To say fellow Rangers would mean that you are a Ranger, also. If I were talking to a group of Astronauts and I addressed them as fellow Astronauts, I would be lying because I am not an Astronauts. Get the picture. We are to be addressed as Rangers, not fellow Rangers. We are not here to be your buddy. friend or pal, we are here to assist you in your desire to be a Ranger. If you listen, pay attention, read/study a lot and PT till you puke, you will have a better chance at achieving your goal of becoming a Fellow Ranger.
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

We are not your "FELLOW" ANYTHING. We are US Army Airborne Rangers, you are not!!!

It's embarrassing just reading your PT scores, they are FAR below acceptable. Find a good training program in the appropriate forum here and start working your ass off as if your life depended on it.....it may!

A Rangers most stunning attribute is paying attention to detail....you don't seem to be able to do that. You were asked to include pull-ups with your PT scores and you didn't do that.

Un-fuck yourself and try again. This time when are doing the APFT......really, really try! And include pull-ups when you report your score.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
nate4801
Embryo

Post by nate4801 »

I apologize for my misuse of the word "Fellow". Will be updating my PT scores within the next week including pullups. Also I myself find my PT scores pretty embarrassing, but every man must have a starting point and I figured this is a good place for that.
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

nate4801 wrote:I apologize for my misuse of the word "Fellow". Will be updating my PT scores within the next week including pullups. Also I myself find my PT scores pretty embarrassing, but every man must have a starting point and I figured this is a good place for that.
Well, Nate, you are quite the fellow, you need to un-screw yourself quickly.

Start by reading all the FAQ's and stickies and adhearing to site policies.

Here is your freebe for today, address All Rangers as such when responding to their questions or statements.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Nate4801, did you find your GED question answered by searching?
Answer is in Recruitment forum. I found it in less than a minute. If you had read all stickies in recruitment forum you would have found your answer.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
nate4801
Embryo

Post by nate4801 »

Roger that Ranger Buzz. And yes Ranger Steadfast I have found my answer , was negligence on my part. Will be Following Ranger Silverbacks APFT improvement to better my PT scores. Going to make sure I shine at BCT/OUST!
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Well you are making a decent attempt to recover. Take a deep breath, refocus and drive on.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”