My introduction into the Army Ranger world.

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

offsetshot
BANNED
Posts: 24
Joined: April 8th, 2015, 11:16 pm
Location: Line 7-75 75 75

Re: My introduction into the Army Ranger world.

Post by offsetshot »

Ranger centermass I jumped into the situation without studying all rules of posting.By doing this I failed and posted my last name when instructed not to.
Never give up.

User avatar
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger
Posts: 21935
Joined: March 8th, 2005, 10:48 am
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: My introduction into the Army Ranger world.

Post by Jim »

offsetshot wrote:I'll enlist in an airborne unit and wait for the remainder of the 24 months. And volunteer for RASP at a later time. Any advice?
Has your recruiter offered you an airborne school option?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

offsetshot
BANNED
Posts: 24
Joined: April 8th, 2015, 11:16 pm
Location: Line 7-75 75 75

Re: My introduction into the Army Ranger world.

Post by offsetshot »

Ranger Jim no I have not been offered an airborne contract.
Never give up.

User avatar
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger
Posts: 5895
Joined: February 26th, 2005, 11:32 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: My introduction into the Army Ranger world.

Post by centermass »

offsetshot wrote:Ranger centermass I jumped into the situation without studying all rules of posting.By doing this I failed and posted my last name when instructed not to.
All right studly.

Here's what you need to do - Come up with another username of your choosing and send me a private message letting me know what it is you've decided and I will take care of it. Before I change it, I will send you a message back, to confirm the change.

Once I see you've read that message I sent, you will then use your New Username from that point on, to log on with.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.

offsetshot
BANNED
Posts: 24
Joined: April 8th, 2015, 11:16 pm
Location: Line 7-75 75 75

Re: My introduction into the Army Ranger world.

Post by offsetshot »

Roger Ranger centermass Thankyou Ranger.
Never give up.

offsetshot
BANNED
Posts: 24
Joined: April 8th, 2015, 11:16 pm
Location: Line 7-75 75 75

Re: My introduction into the Army Ranger world.

Post by offsetshot »

elgecko wrote:"I am very intelligent have no problem passing asvab."

Seriously? I realize "very intelligent" is both relative and subjective but this puts the rest of your resume in question. You WILL come in contact with many of us during your time in Regiment so focus on creating a solid reputation starting now.

Ranger elgecko what do you meen by "us"?
Never give up.

User avatar
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator
Posts: 1675
Joined: January 27th, 2005, 3:02 pm

Re: My introduction into the Army Ranger world.

Post by rangertough »

offsetshot wrote:
elgecko wrote:"I am very intelligent have no problem passing asvab."

Seriously? I realize "very intelligent" is both relative and subjective but this puts the rest of your resume in question. You WILL come in contact with many of us during your time in Regiment so focus on creating a solid reputation starting now.

Ranger elgecko what do you meen by "us"?
He means there are people on this board that are in the Regiment right now. The Community is tiny and they will know who you are. Their memories are long and any douche baggery can and will follow you through training.
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.

offsetshot
BANNED
Posts: 24
Joined: April 8th, 2015, 11:16 pm
Location: Line 7-75 75 75

Re: My introduction into the Army Ranger world.

Post by offsetshot »

rangertough wrote:
offsetshot wrote:
elgecko wrote:"I am very intelligent have no problem passing asvab."

Seriously? I realize "very intelligent" is both relative and subjective but this puts the rest of your resume in question. You WILL come in contact with many of us during your time in Regiment so focus on creating a solid reputation starting now.

Ranger elgecko what do you meen by "us"?
He means there are people on this board that are in the Regiment right now. The Community is tiny and they will know who you are. Their memories are long and any douche baggery can and will follow you through training.
Thankyou Rangertough I understand now. I've already made this hard enough on myself I appreciate you clarifying this so I could understand. I will not any of you Rangers down.
Never give up.

User avatar
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger
Posts: 21935
Joined: March 8th, 2005, 10:48 am
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: My introduction into the Army Ranger world.

Post by Jim »

offsetshot wrote: Thankyou Rangertough I understand now. I've already made this hard enough on myself I appreciate you clarifying this so I could understand. I will not any of you Rangers down.
Inattention to detail. Is the word "let" missing?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

offsetshot
BANNED
Posts: 24
Joined: April 8th, 2015, 11:16 pm
Location: Line 7-75 75 75

Re: My introduction into the Army Ranger world.

Post by offsetshot »

Jim wrote:
offsetshot wrote: Thankyou Rangertough I understand now. I've already made this hard enough on myself I appreciate you clarifying this so I could understand. I will not any of you Rangers down.
Inattention to detail. Is the word "let" missing?

Yes Ranger jim, honest mistake I typed and posted to fast.

I will not let any of you Rangers down.
Never give up.

User avatar
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator
Posts: 7779
Joined: September 14th, 2003, 9:50 pm
Location: ORYGUN

Re: My introduction into the Army Ranger world.

Post by Slowpoke »

Pay attention to what you are doing young hero. Do everything right and double check yourself. Afterwards think about what you've done and how you could have done it better and why you didn't do better. Do not assume you can just go through life hap-hazardly and things will turn out OK, you have to pay attention to the details! Lives will depend on it.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn

User avatar
rangerjd
Ranger
Posts: 1135
Joined: August 20th, 2014, 11:50 am
Location: Port Orchard, Wa

Re: My introduction into the Army Ranger world.

Post by rangerjd »

There are a whole lot of men on this site with years of experience and if you listen, you can learn a whole lot. Even if you are unable to obtain a Ranger contract you can still better yourself if you are willing to put out the effort. It's easy to be a lazy, douche bag, but it takes hard work and dedication to be a man of honor. Start now, make the commitment, your past does not have to dictate your future. Give everything you've got, ever time you give and never ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux

offsetshot
BANNED
Posts: 24
Joined: April 8th, 2015, 11:16 pm
Location: Line 7-75 75 75

Re: My introduction into the Army Ranger world.

Post by offsetshot »

rangerjd wrote:There are a whole lot of men on this site with years of experience and if you listen, you can learn a whole lot. Even if you are unable to obtain a Ranger contract you can still better yourself if you are willing to put out the effort. It's easy to be a lazy, douche bag, but it takes hard work and dedication to be a man of honor. Start now, make the commitment, your past does not have to dictate your future. Give everything you've got, ever time you give and never ever quit! RLTW
Thankyou Ranger JD, I thank you so much for your strong advice. I'm blown away on the integrity I've found here. It's brought me to tears. There is no more perfect leader to follow than a Ranger.
I am growing everyday and am facing all kinds of scenarios throughout my day to test my moral strength, I have utmost confidence now with my newly learned wisdom from this army Ranger website. Like you said it is easy to be douche bag, and much more difficult however fun and exciting to challenge myself.

I've found it is hard to have learned and live a strong principle. Especially hard when it seems I can't get away from, well... people who are kind of douche-bags and they are everywhere.

I thank you so much for your service and kindness.

RLTW.

Jalen.
Never give up.

offsetshot
BANNED
Posts: 24
Joined: April 8th, 2015, 11:16 pm
Location: Line 7-75 75 75

Re: My introduction into the Army Ranger world.

Post by offsetshot »

Slowpoke wrote:Pay attention to what you are doing young hero. Do everything right and double check yourself. Afterwards think about what you've done and how you could have done it better and why you didn't do better. Do not assume you can just go through life hap-hazardly and things will turn out OK, you have to pay attention to the details! Lives will depend on it.
Thankyou Ranger slowpoke! I am studying ways to improve attention to detail. I will strengthen this trait.

Your advice is indescribable. Having powerful knowledge is like being a super hero! I feel stupid for not understanding these things earlier. But! it's better late than never!

I will not let you down Ranger slowpoke.

Jalen.
Never give up.

User avatar
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger
Posts: 21935
Joined: March 8th, 2005, 10:48 am
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: My introduction into the Army Ranger world.

Post by Jim »

What is your recruiter telling you now?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Locked

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”