My introduction into the Army Ranger world.

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

offsetshot
BANNED

Re: My introduction into the Army Ranger world.

Post by offsetshot »

Jim wrote:What is your recruiter telling you now?
Hello Ranger Jim!

My recruiter and I the last time we talked said to "get off probation than come back when I'm through."

I will set an appointment and go visit with him in his office I have not been there yet.
I need to get more familiar with the guy, I like my recruiter he kicks ass and my wait could be a long haul.

offsetshot.
Never give up.
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

Maybe I missed it in the last few pages, but how much longer are you on probation for? And after that probation ends, are there any other legal issues that you are facing?

And finally, what are you doing to prepare yourself for the Army (should you get accepted) in the mean time?
RS 07 and 08-01 (I took the long tour in Florida)

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Iraqi Freedom 03-04, 05-06, 07-08
offsetshot
BANNED

Post by offsetshot »

fatboy wrote:Maybe I missed it in the last few pages, but how much longer are you on probation for? And after that probation ends, are there any other legal issues that you are facing?

And finally, what are you doing to prepare yourself for the Army (should you get accepted) in the mean time?
Hello ranger fatboy, yes I apologize for the mess Ranger.

I have 4 months till it is over than I am through with the legal system permanently.

I am doing just about everything I can Ranger fatboy.
I am maintaining top physical condition.
Mentally training myself by reading, and doing mathematics and history my favorite subjects.
I am planning on registering for part time college at my local community college to strengthen and get up to par for my age in my studies.
I morally am doing everything I can to lead by example for my little siblings, mother and friends.
I am taking and doing well in MMA (hand to hand combat of many styles).
Trying to improve my attention to detail skills although it is tough right now..
I am in complete control of my status with the law.
I joined this website of course.

Any thing I Think that can help me I am doing in many aspects.

Apologies for the list Ranger...

Jalen.
Never give up.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Get rid of the words Infantry and Ranger from your sigline. You are neither.

"Beauty through combat"? Really?

Get a hold of yourself quickly young man, and stop pretending to know of things that you couldn't imagine in your worst dreams.

Don't reply to me. Just do it.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
offsetshot
BANNED

Post by offsetshot »

Affirm wrote:You seem to think pretty highly of yourself... Confidence or arrogance?

I don't know you kid, but you haven't done shit in my eyes from what I know so far. You don't know if you have "iron will" that is sufficient for the task until you are doing it. To clarify what elgecko said, some of us that are in Regiment are not only IN Regiment, but we are the ones who will be pushing your shit in for your douchebag attitude. You wouldn't be the first kid I've met arriving as a cherry ass private thinking he's hot shit, and most do not tolerate that bullshit. Learn some fucking humility on your own before someone teaches you the hard way.

Yeah I asked a stupid question.. :oops:

Thank you Ranger Affirm And Thank you Ranger Elgecko.

I'll keep working on it Ranger Affirm.

Thank you again.
Never give up.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Do not PM me again, or any other Ranger unless instructed to do so.

This isn't that hard, eyes and ears open, mouth shut. We're not friends. We're not comrades. You are here to learn and begin training. Read more, post less unless answering a Rangers question of you.

If you're sincere in everything you've posted, then I wish you luck. I highly doubt Regiment will touch you with that record. That's unfortunate, yes, but that does not mean that you still can't learn, grow, mature, and have a second chance at life if in fact your parents really did screw the pooch on raising you. You can still be trained and serve with excellent NCO's and soldiers out in the Army, every single person is a spoke in the big wheel. Without them all working together, shit doesn't get done, and things go south quickly. Don't think that Special Operations is the be all end all for you, start out at the bottom just like we did and earn whatever comes down by being squared away, loyal and trustworthy.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

Post by RMP-RLTW »

Sorry for the double tap...

I don't understand any of this shit. Most of us had no access to ANYTHING close to this site. You kids get on here and run your fucking mouths about how hard it is, how you will do anything to get into my regiment. Fucking read!!! Read everything there is to read on this site. You are a physical specimen AND Albert fucking Einstein. Really!?!?!? I don't care what you post, what can you do? What are your pt scores? You say they are off the charts? Super, what are they?!? Do you have a ruck?!? How far have you been training and with how much weight? When is your probation over with? When you enlist, if you cannot get yourself a rasp contract, what the hell are you going to do? You say join an airborne unit? Talk is cheap, if you are not posting current status updates on training, STFU! I am tired of this banter back and forth. A couple years ago your ass would have been run off this site for being a d bag. Fix your shit or go away

Ryan
RLTW!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
offsetshot
BANNED

Post by offsetshot »

Pushups- 102 2 minutes
situps- 110 2 minutes
2 miles- 11:47
pullups- 32

Ruck is a blackhawk full rig. 120 lbs 12 miles 2 hrs 56 minutes.
in the rain best time.
Never give up.
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

Post by RMP-RLTW »

Well fuck me, you're all set. Clear up your issues with the law and stay clean. You're in amazing shape and since you're Albers Einstein I'm sure you can think your way through anything that may pop up. I am having a hard time fully believing any of this, but fuck it. I'm sure you wouldn't come to a site full of assholes and lie about anything to impress anyone.

Ryan
RLTW!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Robert Roger's Standing Orders
4th Standing Order: Tell the truth about what you see and what you do. There is an army depending on us for correct information. You can lie all you please when you tell other folks about the rangers, but don’t never lie to a ranger or officer.
If you had done your work like you should have and read up on the Rangers to include the Ranger Creed and Roger's Standing Orders then you would know what this is.
If you truly wanted to be a Ranger then you would try to better yourself and you would be honest with those are are trying to help you.
Your APFT is pure crap, there is a possibility that the push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups and run are simply improper grading techniques and counting every bad rep you do, but the road march is a flat out lie, an attempt to deceive the Rangers on this site, and therefore it brings into question anything and everything else you have said. You are a liar, a man who would lie at anytime, for any reason, and therefore you are a man who could not be trusted at any time. I don't believe you would be fit for any military service, lit alone Ranger. For your out and out lie you should be banded from this website.
Rangerjd Out!
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

offsetshot wrote:Pushups- 102 2 minutes
situps- 110 2 minutes
2 miles- 11:47
pullups- 32

Ruck is a blackhawk full rig. 120 lbs 12 miles 2 hrs 56 minutes.
in the rain best time.

Mother of Fuck. I'm not even sure where to begin with this. 120 lbs ruck for 12 miles in that time. I'm not buying it and apparently no one else is either stud. I've sat here and typed about 6 different things concerning this attempt to seem like you are some type of superstar that should be allowed into every where and be praised for it, but fuck it. I'm out of nice pills today. I am of the belief that you are a lying sack of shit.

I'm not even going to address the other parts of your statement. It;s not worth my time at this point.
RS 07 and 08-01 (I took the long tour in Florida)

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Iraqi Freedom 03-04, 05-06, 07-08
offsetshot
BANNED

Post by offsetshot »

So should I film myself doing this?
Never give up.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”