Introduction: Grant

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction: Grant

Post by Jim »

Welcome Grant,if you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We are proud of the fine young Rangers who have passed through ArmyRanger.com on their life journey. Please read the FAQs as well as select stickies and threads. Most questions have been addressed at least once. The search feature, located at the top right of this page is your friend. Please self-administer a PT test and post your result here within the next 72 hours. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Welcome to the site.

You have an admirable goal, but you need to realize this is not just another social media site.

Read and heed the rules & FAQs. They are serious, and so are we.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

G_Money wrote:
Self-Administered APFT scores:
2 Mile Run: 17:34
Sit-Ups: 66
Push-Ups: N/A

Alright, I knew my first test coming back wasn't going to be exceptional, but my run time is down right pitiful and my sit-ups aren't stellar either. I obviously have a lot of work to do to get back to acceptable standards. I saw Ranger Silverback's APFT Improvement plan and that seems like a great place to start. I'll give an update of my progress in two weeks when my scores (hopefully) won't be as embarrassing.
Grant, you now have a PT baseline. From now on you have a basis for comparison. Four weeks from now conduct another PT test. As you progress, you will be able to measure your efforts. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”