Introduction Scottie

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Introduction Scottie

Post by cams »

One of my first thoughts is that voting is one of the most patriotic things a person can do. If nobody voted where would we be? Sitting at the feet of a king most likely.

Secondly if you're that sensitive that you're afraid current events will upset you, well, shit, I don't even know how to comment on that except to say grow some skin.

If you're not infuriated with the direction this country's being led then you're clearly not paying attention. You can sit with your head in a hole and hope it all goes away, or you can stand up and do anything in your power to help bring about change, starting with educating yourself on current events in a country that's offered you freedom since birth, paid for with the blood of men that stood shoulder to shoulder against communism, kings and dictators, so that you could choose your own path in life and freely pursue your dreams, and so that their children and your children would not be born into slavery and service of a fat man with a red cape and a bowl on his head who decides everything for everybody.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome Scottie. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Please tell us more about yourself. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Within the next 72 hours, please self-administer a PT test and post the results on this thread. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Scottie.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

@ Ranger Jim. Here are my pt scores. Which coincidentally also include my first ever timed run. Thank you for the welcome!

Push ups 65
Sit ups 70
2 mile run 14:50
Pull ups 8
OK, so now you have established a PT baseline to build on. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

I respect your ambition to serve, BUT....you have touched on one of my nerve points. By your own admission, you have shunned responsibility in a large way. IMO, people who avoid responsibility are beneath contempt. A US citizen has rights that a great many responsible people have fought and died for. Far too many citizens today want, and take, all the benefits without taking any responsibility. By not voting and deliberately sticking your head in the sand to avoid knowing what is going on around you, well, Cams has said it already.

I give you credit for working in the food pantry and gym, but the rest of your statements indicate a rather selfish attitude.

If you are genuinely turning this around, kudos to you.

Should you ever get close to admission to RASP, you will learn responsibility to an extent almost beyond your comprehension.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
gRavepc
Ranger

Post by gRavepc »

scottiem wrote: Push ups 65
Sit ups 70
2 mile run 14:50
Pull ups 8
Welcome to the site Scottie. Those scores mediocre at best coming from a self proclaimed "athlete". You're going to have to work a lot harder if you're truely interested in becoming an Airborne Ranger. Use the self discpline that you've aquired from combat sports to fuel your pt sessions and I'm confident that your numbers will improve.
Bco 3/75 08-11' Death Angels
TCCC/LTT instructor - SIMMEC Training Solutions 11-14
7232nd MSU Fort Hood, TX 14-Present
"Doc, I feel a bunch of warm stuff going down my body..."
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome to the site Scottie, you've got a lot of thinking to do if you truly want to be an Army Ranger. Rangers take responsibility for there actions and stand up for what's right. My oldest son was in Iraq during their first elections and they had thousands of people walking miles and miles just for the opportunity to cast a vote. He talked to an old man who looked to be in his 60s or 70s who had walk about 50 miles just to vote and we have people in this country who can't take the time to drive down the road or even fill out a form and mail it it. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit. RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

You addressed me as "Ranger advisor Lefty".

I have a small exercise for you - what does that title mean?
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

scottiem wrote:@ Ranger Lefty. An advisor to the South Vietnamese Ranger units. I had no idea offhand I had to use the internet and dates in your signature as a cheat sheet. But it's the best I could come up with. Thank you for your service.
Ranger Lefty and I are both former advisors to the Vietnamese Rangers. We are both proud of that. But, Ranger Lefty is the proper way to address him.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”