Introduction - Justin

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Notinarmy12
Embryo

Introduction - Justin

Post by Notinarmy12 »

Hello to everyone one this forum

My names is justin, I'm 21, I've wanted to join since high school but becuase I wasn't born in the United States I had to wait for my green card. While I was waiting I took up a job working on vechiles, now that I have my chance I took it, I've been threw MEPS and fully enlisted and infantry and Calverly scout were my 2 main interests, I was lucky enough to get 11x, with option 4? I think is what airborne training is called. I knew I wasn't going to be able to enlist with option 40 but I'm perfectly fine with that and it gives me time to get ready and see what the army is like. I've been in a few military programs in Canada where I'm from and enjoyed it for the most part and I'm ready to see where the army takes me.

(Sorry for not posting here first)

**Name Changed By Admin**
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Justin

Post by Jim »

Welcome Justin, We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. You will find this link helpful. Please self-administer a PT test within the next 72 hours and post the results on this thread. Never, never quit

http://www.benning.army.mil/tenant/75thranger/
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Justin.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com, Justin. Please read and heed the ROE PM I just sent you.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Soap wrote:Welcome Justin!

I'm in the same position. Shipping out in a month. I got 11x with Airborne. So we got the same contract and I also am ''only'' a green card holder. When are you shipping out?
I have read everything you can imagine about about how to get to the regiment as a green card holder. If you have any questions about how, when, why... ask ahead. I was very confused at first.
You said you have been in a few military programs in Canada? Can you specify that? Have you ever been part of the Military? If so, you might find yourself in a very hard spot, as soon as it comes to getting a security clearance (which you need for the Ranger Battalion, or SF). As you know, you have to be a US citizen to try out for the Ranger program. That does not mean that you will definitely get a security clearance when you are a citizen. Becoming a citizen is the easy part (you are eligible for Citizenship after one day of honorable service - but you usually get the citizenship when you graduate from BCT or AIT). Then you have to qualify for the security clearance - which can be tricky for people with foreign background... especially military background. Thats why i'm asking.
I wish you good luck mate!
Had you read the instructions I sent you, you would have known this message should have been a PM. And Justin You did not post a PT score as you were directed.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
gRavepc
Ranger

Post by gRavepc »

Soap wrote:I'm sorry Ranger Jim. I don't know how it escaped me. I'll know for the next time. Won't happen again.
Stop with self pity excuses. No one enjoys hearing a man say that kind of shit.
Bco 3/75 08-11' Death Angels
TCCC/LTT instructor - SIMMEC Training Solutions 11-14
7232nd MSU Fort Hood, TX 14-Present
"Doc, I feel a bunch of warm stuff going down my body..."
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419975909.279409.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using rocks and sticks.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Soap wrote:
gRavepc wrote:
Soap wrote:I'm sorry Ranger Jim. I don't know how it escaped me. I'll know for the next time. Won't happen again.
Stop with self pity excuses. No one enjoys hearing a man say that kind of shit.
Usually I would shut up and take advise from someone, especially if the ''someone'' has reached something I want to reach. But in this case, Ranger gRavepc... I'm afraid you are wrong, disrespectful and rude. Being a Ranger does not entitle you to disrespect people. Since you just jumped in and wanted to talk down on someone, I'll give you the background you need prior of saying that. Ranger Jim has not sent my a message, ever. I'm sure he can look it up and see that there was no message sent. Nonetheless I took the blame and said that it possibly escaped me. What would you liked me to say? Nothing? Nothing = ignoring what somebody tells you = disrespectful = not me. The purpose of my original post was to possibly help OP. The second comment was a sign of respect. On the other hand your last comment does not help anyone at all... I'll say it: again anyone at all. What is your motto, read much - say little? Maybe you should follow that too, instead of insulting future soldiers. You being rude throws a bad light at your community and other Rangers. Congratulations, you have reached nothing. Please feel free to never misinterpret anything I say or in fact never give me ''advise'' at all, if your only goal is to show your superiority over civilians. I hope you are satisfied and I wish you a happy new year :)
This is our site, run by us, made for us, with our own fucking rules, for very distinct reasons that have helped many young men reach their goal of joining the Ranger Regiment.

You failed to read or follow our rules so who's fault is it that you got spot checked?

Take your self entitled faggotry somewhere else, you're no longer welcome here.

I'd say it's a good bet that someone somewhere in your life is going to slap you upside the head so fucking hard that you'll be able to secure an entire perimeter by yourself you'll be so fucking cross eyed.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Soap wrote:Usually I would shut up and take advise from someone, especially if the ''someone'' has reached something I want to reach. But in this case, Ranger gRavepc... I'm afraid you are wrong, disrespectful and rude. Being a Ranger does not entitle you to disrespect people. Since you just jumped in and wanted to talk down on someone, I'll give you the background you need prior of saying that. Ranger Jim has not sent my a message, ever. I'm sure he can look it up and see that there was no message sent. Nonetheless I took the blame and said that it possibly escaped me. What would you liked me to say? Nothing? Nothing = ignoring what somebody tells you = disrespectful = not me. The purpose of my original post was to possibly help OP. The second comment was a sign of respect. On the other hand your last comment does not help anyone at all... I'll say it: again anyone at all. What is your motto, read much - say little? Maybe you should follow that too, instead of insulting future soldiers. You being rude throws a bad light at your community and other Rangers. Congratulations, you have reached nothing. Please feel free to never misinterpret anything I say or in fact never give me ''advise'' at all, if your only goal is to show your superiority over civilians. I hope you are satisfied and I wish you a happy new year :)
You should have just stuck with "Roger that Ranger" and left it at that. But noooooo, had to poke the sleeping Dragon, didn't ya"

Know what my interpretation of this is?

First off, you can't distinguish between the words "Advice" and "Advise" for one.

Second: Buh Bye.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

centermass wrote:
Soap wrote:Usually I would shut up and take advise from someone, especially if the ''someone'' has reached something I want to reach. But in this case, Ranger gRavepc... I'm afraid you are wrong, disrespectful and rude. Being a Ranger does not entitle you to disrespect people. Since you just jumped in and wanted to talk down on someone, I'll give you the background you need prior of saying that. Ranger Jim has not sent my a message, ever. I'm sure he can look it up and see that there was no message sent. Nonetheless I took the blame and said that it possibly escaped me. What would you liked me to say? Nothing? Nothing = ignoring what somebody tells you = disrespectful = not me. The purpose of my original post was to possibly help OP. The second comment was a sign of respect. On the other hand your last comment does not help anyone at all... I'll say it: again anyone at all. What is your motto, read much - say little? Maybe you should follow that too, instead of insulting future soldiers. You being rude throws a bad light at your community and other Rangers. Congratulations, you have reached nothing. Please feel free to never misinterpret anything I say or in fact never give me ''advise'' at all, if your only goal is to show your superiority over civilians. I hope you are satisfied and I wish you a happy new year :)
You should have just stuck with "Roger that Ranger" and left it at that. But noooooo, had to poke the sleeping Dragon, didn't ya"

Know what my interpretation of this is?

First off, you can't distinguish between the words "Advice" and "Advise" for one.

Second: Buh Bye.
I haven't seen a banning that fast in a looong time.
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”