Introduction- Chase

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

sloReady
Future Soldier

Introduction- Chase

Post by sloReady »

My name is chase
I am a senior in high school, I came here seeking advice about my current situation.
I strive to become a Ranger, it has become all I think about,
and all that I gear my actions towards.
my freshman year I seriously considered joining the Army and decided it was the path for me,
Specifically the 75th,
my junior year I bugged my recruiters tirelessly,
but they could not work with me until I was 17.
so in the meantime I waited, I also took the ASVAB, scoring an 85, and preparing my PT
I made it clear to my recruiters when my 17th birthday rolls around that I would only accept an 11 X ray op 40
I walked out of the office twice when after calling the recruiting Operations Command was denied an option 40 twice.
the recruiter in charge of my recruiting station said he would not call daily for me anymore and to come back when I was serious about joining the army.
after considering my options I decided I would rather try to earn an option 40 later down the road in OSUT, than to not enlist at all,
after painlessly receiving my 11x contract,
I now second guess my decision daily,
I am worried I will never get my shot at RASP
I don't ship out until August and I graduate high school in May
I am considering a renegotiation of my current contract but I do not want to lose my 11x at the same time.

I would love some feedback ,thank you for your time.
Future soldier ,11x
Ship date 20150810
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction- Chase

Post by Jim »

Welcome Chase, If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Please self-administer a PT test and post the results on this thread within the next 72 hours. Please tell us more about yourself. Where are you from? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
sloReady
Future Soldier

Post by sloReady »

I am from southern california,
I love running, and being outside,
My PT score is currently 248, but i am confident i can reach my goal of 300 prior to graduation.
I have came a long way on my PT, as i used to be a devout cyclist, most of my strength was in my legs, i had little upper body strength, but that is quickly changing.
Over the last year, i have started rucking as well to prepare myself for the suck.
I come from a family of enlisted men and would love nothing more than to carry that on.

Thank you all for your time.
Future soldier ,11x
Ship date 20150810
sloReady
Future Soldier

Post by sloReady »

Sorry for the double post, but I am currently 6'2" and 175 lbs
Future soldier ,11x
Ship date 20150810
gRavepc
Ranger

Post by gRavepc »

Whats up man? Where in Southern Cali are you from? I originally hail from Riverside county. It sounds like you need to be more stern with your recruiters. Don't settle for something less than an opt. 40. Granted, thats truely what you want. Gambling in OSUT / Airborne for a RASP slot can be very challenging.
Bco 3/75 08-11' Death Angels
TCCC/LTT instructor - SIMMEC Training Solutions 11-14
7232nd MSU Fort Hood, TX 14-Present
"Doc, I feel a bunch of warm stuff going down my body..."
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Welcome. Please put your education to use and use proper capitalization and grammar when posting. It's akin to showing up at a job interview wearing sweatpants when you type like that.

There is much here to learn and many before you have had the same question. Do some serious reading and post very little unless a Ranger addresses you, that will put you off to a good start.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
sloReady
Future Soldier

Post by sloReady »

Roger ,Ranger gRavepc and Ranger Cams.
I'm from Kern County, Bakersfield.
And yes I truly want to serve with the 75th Ranger Regiment.
Most of my recruiters think that an OP40 sends you to Ranger school,
They do not seem to grasp that it sends you to RASP, making things more difficult.
Future soldier ,11x
Ship date 20150810
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Chase.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

sloReady wrote:Roger ,Ranger gRavepc and Ranger Cams.
I'm from Kern County, Bakersfield.
And yes I truly want to serve with the 75th Ranger Regiment.
Most of my recruiters think that an OP40 sends you to Ranger school,
They do not seem to grasp that it sends you to RASP, making things more difficult.
Well, as you have a few more months ahead of you, you have time to add an option 40 to your contract. You can do it a couple ways; your recruiter can contact the MEPS guidance counselor and get the option 40 added, or your recruiter can do a RENO of your contract to obtain an option 40. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

If you want and option 40 contract, then accept nothing less. When you speak with your recruiter and MEPS personnel, be polite and respectful, but determined. Make sure everyone involved understands your desires. Give everything you've got, ever time you give, and never, ever quit. RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
sloReady
Future Soldier

Post by sloReady »

I suppose that my biggest issue right now is that I do not know what cards I have, as I have already signed the 11x contract.
My recruiters will not return my calls or text messages, So an appointment is currently out of the question.
I am going to stop by the recruiting station and hope I can catch one of the two SSG's in charge of the future soldiers while they are free. I don't feel like I have any negotiating capacity now that I am in the DEP.
I am unsure how to approach the situation again. As I am sure they thought they defeated this issue after I enlisted.
I am going to ask him to call the MEPS liaison, or Recruiting Operations Command again. At My particular recruiting station they will not send you to MEPS with out a contract reserved for you. So prior to going to MEPS my recruiter and I had called Recruiting Operations Command twice attempting to reserve an OP40 for me, After being denied, I took the 11X reservation hoping I could add an OP40 at MEPS, but when I sat down with my Liaison, She called Recruiting Operations Command, and I was denied again both an OP4 and OP40 at MEPS.
Future soldier ,11x
Ship date 20150810
gRavepc
Ranger

Post by gRavepc »

You need to go find a new recruiter.
Bco 3/75 08-11' Death Angels
TCCC/LTT instructor - SIMMEC Training Solutions 11-14
7232nd MSU Fort Hood, TX 14-Present
"Doc, I feel a bunch of warm stuff going down my body..."
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

gRavepc wrote:You need to go find a new recruiter.
This.

Recruiters are like used car salesman. They'll kiss your ass to get you to sign anything they need to fill for quota and then they don't want to ever see you again.

Follow Ranger gRavepc's advice with urgency.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
sloReady
Future Soldier

Post by sloReady »

I attempted to go through another recruiter here once all the friction started up. I came to find out that that recruiting station, along with all others in the outlying area run all operations through the "mother" station which happened to be where i started out... if it would be worth it to travel to a more distant station i will.
Future soldier ,11x
Ship date 20150810
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

sloReady wrote:I attempted to go through another recruiter here once all the friction started up. I came to find out that that recruiting station, along with all others in the outlying area run all operations through the "mother" station which happened to be where i started out... if it would be worth it to travel to a more distant station i will.
Travel might be in your future if it improves your chances to get what you want. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”