Introduction - Nick LOCKED BAN ENACTED

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Wrestler_1
BANNED

Introduction - Nick LOCKED BAN ENACTED

Post by Wrestler_1 »

Hello, my name is Nick, although a lot of people call me Thomas(My middle name) and I'm 19 years old and currently employed at Target.

I have always been interested in joining the Army, and have decided that it is now or never. Currently, I am cleared for enlistment but I do have a medical waiver which prohibits me from obtaining Option 40 off that bat. I was advised by my recruiter that it is possible to earn it while in BCT/AIT. I am working with a vision therapist at the moment to strengthen my vision, while studying and doing PT. I do not want to enlist with any doubt or complication that could potentially bar me from the coveted 75th.

My desired MOS is 68W and told my recruiter that I would not take anything other than that. I hope to learn a lot from all of the Rangers on this site and am grateful for being accepted into this forum.

I am currently at work, on break, and will be able to post my PT results tomorrow morning.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Nick

Post by Jim »

Wrestler_1 wrote:Hello, my name is Nick, although a lot of people call me Thomas(My middle name) and I'm 19 years old and currently employed at Target.

I have always been interested in joining the Army, and have decided that it is now or never. Currently, I am cleared for enlistment but I do have a medical waiver which prohibits me from obtaining Option 40 off that bat. I was advised by my recruiter that it is possible to earn it while in BCT/AIT. I am working with a vision therapist at the moment to strengthen my vision, while studying and doing PT. I do not want to enlist with any doubt or complication that could potentially bar me from the coveted 75th.

My desired MOS is 68W and told my recruiter that I would not take anything other than that. I hope to learn a lot from all of the Rangers on this site and am grateful for being accepted into this forum.

I am currently at work, on break, and will be able to post my PT results tomorrow morning.
Welcome Nick, If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Please tell us more about yourself and post your PT score. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Nick.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Wrestler_1
BANNED

Post by Wrestler_1 »

Thanks for the welcome Ranger Jim and Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV.

I graduated from a military oriented high school, where I was instructed by two USMC Drill Masters. I held numerous leadership positions, including Platoon Guide and Platoon Commander. It went along the same lines as ROTC, but all of my academics were there as well. I have wanted to save lives ever since I was little. I've also wanted to join the military. What better way than to combine both, and voila! The 75th came of severe interest to me and when I learned about 68W as an eligible MOS, I jumped at the opportunity. 11b seemed appealing as well, and I had some conflicting thoughts. Being right in the core of the Regiment. Then I read "Lest We Forget" by a former Ranger Medic, and all of those doubts washed away. That is what I want to do and I will not let anything get in the way of that.

My PT results are as follows:

Push-ups: 90
Sit-ups: 86
2-mile run: 13:03
5-mile run: 39:12

I realize the scores leave me with a lot of room for improvement and I am organizing a buddy PT system with a friend who is also considering the Regiment so that we may work off each other and make sure we both surpass the standards.

I am very grateful for being welcomed to the site, after lurking through some forums I see that all of you have a tremendous amount of information and experiences and I hope to learn from them as well!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Nick, Good PT baseline to build on. Please add pull-ups to your routine. There are a good number of 68W members on the site. Read more in the letters from school thread. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Wrestler_1
BANNED

Post by Wrestler_1 »

Roger that, Ranger Jim. Just added them in and got 25 in 1:46 mins. Will add in my future SITREPs. Also, going to lurk through the Letters From School thread right now!
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome Nick, Give everything you've got, ever time you give and never ever quit. RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Wrestler_1
BANNED

Post by Wrestler_1 »

Thank you Ranger rangerjd, I appreciate the warm welcome from you gentlemen. I did have one question though: How often should I post my PT results? Weekly?
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

Wrestler_1 wrote:Thank you Ranger rangerjd, I appreciate the warm welcome from you gentlemen. I did have one question though: How often should I post my PT results? Weekly?
Research what the other DEP's and Egg's and such have been advised to do in their introductions and report back here.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
Wrestler_1
BANNED

Post by Wrestler_1 »

Roger that Ranger Buzz.
Wrestler_1
BANNED

Post by Wrestler_1 »

SITREP - 11/29/2014

My self assessed PT results:
Push-ups: 92
Sit-ups: 90
2 Mile: 13:00
Pull-ups: 21

I went to my first vision therapy session today and it went smoothly. My doctor told me that I would have to come in a few more times to get an accurate reading on how the therapy is reacting with my vision, but he has high hopes that I could improve my vision, possibly restore it to 20/20. I enrolled into an Anatomy and Physiology class at my local community college, I thought it'd be a good class to take while waiting around until I ship out(I also miss high school and that learning environment). I also ordered "Sua Sponte" off Amazon, so I look forward to another great read!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Wrestler_1 wrote:SITREP - 11/29/2014

My self assessed PT results:
Push-ups: 92
Sit-ups: 90
2 Mile: 13:00
Pull-ups: 21

I went to my first vision therapy session today and it went smoothly. My doctor told me that I would have to come in a few more times to get an accurate reading on how the therapy is reacting with my vision, but he has high hopes that I could improve my vision, possibly restore it to 20/20. I enrolled into an Anatomy and Physiology class at my local community college, I thought it'd be a good class to take while waiting around until I ship out(I also miss high school and that learning environment). I also ordered "Sua Sponte" off Amazon, so I look forward to another great read!
Why didn't you answer Buzz's question?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Wrestler_1
BANNED

Post by Wrestler_1 »

Ranger Jim, I am unsure of what you are referring to. I did as Ranger Buzz instructed and lurked through the Introductions archive to see the consistency of the PT results. I would gladly appreciate it if you were to shed some light on my mistake.
Wrestler_1
BANNED

Post by Wrestler_1 »

I looked back and saw my error.

No excuse Ranger Jim, it will not happen again.
Wrestler_1
BANNED

Post by Wrestler_1 »

Ranger Jim, I failed to report back to this thread with my findings concerning the PT results of which were every two weeks, with a few outliers of weekly and monthly.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”