Introduction: Kyle

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Rockytop
Embryo

Introduction: Kyle

Post by Rockytop »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Kyle, and I am 19 years old. I am currently a freshman studying business at the University of Tennessee. I've always wanted to serve in either the USMC or the Army, and after a lot of thought I've decided that I would like to enlist with an 11x Option 40 contract. The brotherhood and professionalism that the Rangers carry is what really got me interested in them. Serving in the regiment would be a huge milestone and accomplishment in my life. My goal for now is to get some of my general education classes out of the way at school while bettering myself physically and mentally for the tests I will be put through. I will also be spending a lot of time on these forums to help prepare for the future. I have been focusing a lot on my physical fitness and will be posting the results from the test I take today in this thread tomorrow.

Regards,
Kyle
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction: Kyle

Post by Jim »

Rockytop wrote:Hello Rangers,

My name is Kyle, and I am 19 years old. I am currently a freshman studying business at the University of Tennessee. I've always wanted to serve in either the USMC or the Army, and after a lot of thought I've decided that I would like to enlist with an 11x Option 40 contract. The brotherhood and professionalism that the Rangers carry is what really got me interested in them. Serving in the regiment would be a huge milestone and accomplishment in my life. My goal for now is to get some of my general education classes out of the way at school while bettering myself physically and mentally for the tests I will be put through. I will also be spending a lot of time on these forums to help prepare for the future. I have been focusing a lot on my physical fitness and will be posting the results from the test I take today in this thread tomorrow.

Regards,
Kyle
Welcome Kyle, If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Please self-administer a PT test within the next 72 hours and post the results on this thread. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome Kyle, never weaken, never quit. TLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Rockytop
Embryo

Post by Rockytop »

Pushups: 71
Situps: 67
2 Mile: 13:09

I have a lot of room for improvement, but I'm going to keep working on it over the next year.
Ginger
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Ginger »

Welcome Kyle!

PM inbound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11X OPT. 40
SHIP DATE: 20150713

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Welcome. Spent a few weekends in Knoxville teaching medical classes to the Navy Reserve unit there. Cool town, Knoxville. The funkiest nightclub I ever saw was there. I wonder, is it still open? It was in an old factory, and had like 5 different themes going on inside. There was a giant swing hanging the that chicks would ride, and the ceiling itself was collapsed with a big hole up about 3 floors. It was surreal..
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Rockytop wrote:Pushups: 71
Situps: 67
2 Mile: 13:09

I have a lot of room for improvement, but I'm going to keep working on it over the next year.
1. Add pull-ups to your workout. Work yourself up to 12.
2. You now have a PT baseline to build on. Measure your progress as you work-out.
3. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Kyle.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

You should PM Ranger Silverback. With you being an obvious Tennessee football fan I am sure you have a lot in common.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Rockytop
Embryo

Post by Rockytop »

Thank you for the welcome Rangers.
Tater Nuts wrote:I'll be monitoring this thread to see if your serious before I make a trip across the river to check on you sometime next year.
Roger Ranger Tater Nuts.
Baseplate wrote:You should PM Ranger Silverback. With you being an obvious Tennessee football fan I am sure you have a lot in common.
Thank you Ranger Baseplate, I'll definitely be sure to get in touch with him.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Rockytop wrote:Thank you for the welcome Rangers.
Tater Nuts wrote:I'll be monitoring this thread to see if your serious before I make a trip across the river to check on you sometime next year.
Roger Ranger Tater Nuts.
Baseplate wrote:You should PM Ranger Silverback. With you being an obvious Tennessee football fan I am sure you have a lot in common.
This should be interesting.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Jim wrote:
Rockytop wrote:Thank you for the welcome Rangers.
Roger Ranger Tater Nuts.
This should be interesting.
Have you contacted Ranger Silverback yet, make sure you tell him how bad it sucked to have Alabama beat Tennessee again this year, for the eighth time in a row.
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Rockytop
Embryo

Post by Rockytop »

Have you contacted Ranger Silverback yet, make sure you tell him how bad it sucked to have Alabama beat Tennessee again this year, for the eighth time in a row.[/quote]

Roger Ranger rangerjd, I've contacted Ranger Silverback. We have a very young team that is very talented and continues to grow. I think we will all see a difference over the next couple of seasons here. :mrgreen:

It's been over a month since I've conducted a PFT, and I feel like there will be some major improvement on this one. I will post my scores around 7PM tonight.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”