Introduction - Trey

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

TH4240
Embryo

Introduction - Trey

Post by TH4240 »

Hello Rangers,

Thank you for allowing me to join the site.

My name is Trey, I’m 21 and a college student/athlete. I was born and raised in Florida and along with going to school full time while playing baseball, during the summers I work as a mechanic and a volunteer coach for a youth baseball team.

Enlisting has been a goal of mine since high school, and now that I am about to finish my college career, the day that goal is achieved is getting closer. My original plan was to enlist as an MP and later pursue a career in law enforcement, like my father. However, the desire to push myself and become the best person I can be has lead me to want to be a Ranger. I want to be the best and I want the pride in knowing I pushed myself, along with helping others do the same. I want to give back to the nation and help continue to fight for our way of life. I also believe that I will miss the brotherhood that comes with playing; I know the military will increase that sense of brotherhood tenfold.

I have 1 ½ - 2 years until I start the process…have to graduate first. My plan is to go 68W because the medical field interests me and I’ve always had a desire to help people. I respectfully ask for advice and insight on this plan and this MOS.

My PT scores are as follows:

6’0” and 160lbs

Push ups: 59
Sit ups: 66
Pull ups: 8
2 mile: 14:42

Again, thank you for having me.

-Trey
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Trey

Post by Jim »

Welcome Trey, A man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far, you are doing well. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Your PT scores leave a lot of room for improvement. Please tell us more about yourself. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Given your background, 68W appears to be a wise choice; there are a number of 68Ws on the site. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Although it seems like a logical progression, becoming an MP will have absolutely zero effect on a later LE career.

Do the best you can with whatever you choose and never quit.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome to the site and good luck.
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
TH4240
Embryo

Post by TH4240 »

Ranger Jim, I continue to work on my PT scores daily in the weight room and through team conditioning. The next 2 mile run will be tomorrow afternoon during my teams first conditioning test. I have been blessed with a good roommate and we push each other daily.

More about myself: I've played baseball for most of my life. I enjoy fishing and hunting. I'm currently a member of the leadership team for FCA here at school. I consider myself a motivator, however I like to lead by example before I open my mouth. My current major is Management with a concentration in Sport Management.

I've been reading a lot so far. The SITREP thread for Ranger Grim666 had me taking notes and I printed out a post from Ranger Sleepy Doc.

Ranger cams, thank you for your insight. My father said the same thing, along with a few other things, and advised me not to go that route. He is still hesitant about the idea of enlisting after I graduate.

Ranger rangerjd, thank you.
Ginger
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Ginger »

Welcome Trey!

PM Inbound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11X OPT. 40
SHIP DATE: 20150713

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

TH4240 wrote:Ranger Jim, I continue to work on my PT scores daily in the weight room and through team conditioning. The next 2 mile run will be tomorrow afternoon during my teams first conditioning test. I have been blessed with a good roommate and we push each other daily.
So what is new? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
TH4240
Embryo

Post by TH4240 »

Ranger Jim, I apologize for my absence on the site as of late. No excuses.

SITREP - My team and I are hard at work in the classroom and on the field preparing for our upcoming season.

Ranger Jim, what are some things I can do outside of workouts and baseball to prepare myself mentally for my attempt at becoming a Ranger? When would be the ideal time to begin talking with a recruiter? A year before? 6 months?
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Your use of "search" is weak, young grasshopper. The path to the answers you seek begins in the "five mentees report here" thread...
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
TH4240
Embryo

Post by TH4240 »

Sleepy Doc wrote:Your use of "search" is weak, young grasshopper. The path to the answers you seek begins in the "five mentees report here" thread...

Roger, Ranger Sleepy Doc. I will do better.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Trey, another week has passed. What is new? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
TH4240
Embryo

Post by TH4240 »

Jim wrote:Trey, another week has passed. What is new? Never, never quit!
Ranger Jim,

I'm still hard at work in the classroom and on the field. Trying to get better every day.

I've been reading posts on the forum and learning as much as I can.

Counting down the months until graduation.
TH4240
Embryo

Post by TH4240 »

Rangers, please forgive my absence.

Since my last post both fall and spring semesters have come and gone. The day I enlist is getting closer and I am growing more impatient.

I currently have my nose to the grindstone working, playing and helping take care of the family.

I have attempted to get the recruitment process going, but I was advised by personnel at the national recruiting center to wait. In her own words, "They won't leave you alone until you sign a contract if I send them your information." The woman I spoke with called because of an informational packet request I had filled out online.

I'm still itching to go in and talk with the recruiter however. With all the former players from my team enlisting through him I think he'll understand my situation. His latest recruit, my former teammate, finished OSUT at Bening a few weeks ago and is currently in Jump Week. I'm extremely proud of him, great guy, I love seeing my buddies succeed. He has orders to the 173rd.

I will post PT scores soon, I've failed to record a pt test since my last posting.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Who cares?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4