Intro - Jon (BCMMidlength)

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

PerryB
Recruiting for the Darkside

Re: Intro - Jon (BCMMidlength)

Post by PerryB »

Jon, wow I have never seen anyone quit before they actually got started. You had over 3 months before you shipped, plus 14 weeks of OSUT, plus 2 weeks leave during Christmas, plus 3 weeks at airborne school to prepare. Your excuse is pretty much BS. I am not a Ranger but i've enlisted 100s. Never seen on backout on their obligation. Good luck and hope you decided you're ready one day.

Perryb
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

PerryB wrote:Jon, wow I have never seen anyone quit before they actually got started. You had over 3 months before you shipped, plus 14 weeks of OSUT, plus 2 weeks leave during Christmas, plus 3 weeks at airborne school to prepare. Your excuse is pretty much BS. I am not a Ranger but i've enlisted 100s. Never seen on backout on their obligation. Good luck and hope you decided you're ready one day.

Perryb
That would be "NEVER, NEVER START!"
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

BCMMidlength wrote:PerryB and Ranger Ron, I understand your reaction completely and like I said I feel bad about it myself. Up until recently honestly I've done fuck all in the means of cardio and I feel about dead at the end of a 2 mile run. My weight is fine, I'm 186 pounds at 6 feet or so, but my endurance is garbage. I know I look bad because of this, but when it comes to something like this I don't want to screw up. I'm young and time is most definitely on my side. I'm not quitting, I'm fighting when I know I can win.
You're all fucked up bud. "Fighting when I know I can win." What the fuck is that? What's going to happen if, and right now that's a big fucking if, you make it through and then within weeks find yourself with casualties all around you and surrounded by a fierce and determined enemy? You'll roll over and die because you think you're losing.

Look, you will never be prepared fully, nobody is, that's why you absolutely have to want it, and be mentally strong enough to voluntarily suffer each day to get there.

Perry B hit the nail on he head. You're wasting everyone's time here with excuses.

Go pump gas somewhere and make room for someone that wants to be successful.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”