Intro - 68wHopeful

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro - 68wHopeful

Post by Jim »

Welcome Hank, A man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far, you are doing OK. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Your PT scores leave room for improvement. Please tell us more about yourself. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. There are a number of 68Ws on the site. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Grim666 »

First I would start to think of other names. I believe that once Ranger Steadfast comes along you will need to change your name. 68W cannot be in it as you have not yet attained that title. I can only say that from my past experience...... Second there are a lot of great improvement programs right here on the site use them. Now for the big part, I went to Ft. Jackson and most people there had no idea how to get you a RASP contract, Airborne maybe however your PT score better be above 300. Now I would continue to call your recruiter two to three times a week as I did to get your Opt 40 added to your contract before you ship. Make sure you are staggering your calls some first thing in the morning and some late afternoon. This way you are set. You can try at AIT, they at least seemed to have a clue again at least get Airborne added if possible. Here too you need a 300+ on PT to get that. So this should tell you something, get to a 300+ on your PT and keep bugging your recruiter. I am very lucky my recruiter kept fighting for a contract for me. I had a great recruiter. Hopefully you are as lucky and they will do the same for you.
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

68wHopeful wrote:Thank you for your excellent advice, Ranger Grim666. I was not aware that a contract could be changed after signing, and intend to follow up with my recruiter. I will change my name ASAP, I should have realized the error of including an MOS I have not earned.
Contact steadfast. He will give you a new name. In the meantime tell us more about you.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
PerryB
Recruiting for the Darkside

Post by PerryB »

Hopeful, don't let your recruiter or anyone tell you they can't update your reservation. If the option 40 is there updating a reservation takes less than a minute. It doesn't require a reno or anything special. I do it all the time in fact we updated 4-5 people just last week on their ship day to get an option 40. 68W is tougher to get but not impossible. You can also ask your recruiter to email MSG Kowan (the NCOIC) at the ROC and ask him to update your reservation. MSG Kowan is usually very helpful.

Did you get Airborne qualified when you took your physical?

Good Luck,
Perryb
Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Welcome Hank.

PM inbound.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140715

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Young man, it sounds like you are trying to take charge of your future. Leave no stone unturned and leave nothing to chance. That's what losers do. Never quit until you get the contract you want, then never quit until you achieve your goal. Go get it done!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
PerryB
Recruiting for the Darkside

Post by PerryB »

Glad to see that your meps has a clue. Keep seeking what you want and let me know if you run into any snags.

Perryb
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Hank, any developments?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70