Intro - Dan

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Dan6683
Egg

Intro - Dan

Post by Dan6683 »

My name is Dan. I am 27 years old, have a college degree and work as a Construction Project Manager. I live in the Jacksonville, FL area and am now working with a recruiter to attain a Contract with Option 40. I have not selected an MOS as of yet, but I am working with my recruiter on that decision as well.

I am very excited about this journey and gaining more knowledge about the Rangers.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro - Dan

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Dan. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at ArmyRanger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread within 72 hours. Never, never quit!

Check this site:
http://www.benning.army.mil/tenant/75th ... uiting.htm
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com. I am glad that you are interested in becoming an Army Ranger. If you will look, listen and pay attention to details, you can learn a great deal here. Please read and heed the Rules of Engagement PM I just sent you.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Dan6683
Egg

Post by Dan6683 »

Roger that Ranger Jim, I will post my PFT score ASAP.

Ranger ManchuV- Thank you for the welcome. I am excited and humbled to be here.

Ranger Ron- Thank you for the welcome as well. I have read you PM and will heed it's advice.

I know this site will be an invaluable resource, so thank you all for making it possible.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Dan.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Dan6683
Egg

Post by Dan6683 »

Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV- Thank you for the Welcome.

Ranger Jim- My result of today's PT score is as follows...

PU- 56
SU- 58
2 mile run - 16:50
Pull ups - 6

I obviously have a ways to go. I will be working diligently every day to improve these numbers.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

I'm right there with you, Amigo. I was 30 when I finally enlisted. You're the type who has that mental part that is such a huge part of success.

Be prepared....the MEPS folks will screw you up and down 60 ways because of your age. Believe it or not, you're an old fossil, as far as Rangers go. If you're serious, just hold your ground, and insist on the Option 40. It might take awhile, but if you stick to your guns, you'll get it.

Best of luck to you!

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Dan6683 wrote: Ranger Jim- My result of today's PT score is as follows...

PU- 56
SU- 58
2 mile run - 16:50
Pull ups - 6

I obviously have a ways to go. I will be working diligently every day to improve these numbers.
you so need to do a lot of work, but at least you now have a PT baseline to build on. Did you find the link helpful? Never, never quity!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Dan6683
Egg

Post by Dan6683 »

Ranger Earthpig- That is very comforting to hear that you enlisted with a similar situation. I feel that maturity and emotional resiliency were always strengths of mine, but even more so at this age. I told my recruiter I am not 18 and just looking for a job. My goal is to be a Ranger and that is the sole reason for me joining. In my mind, time is on my side and I will be patient while waiting for what I want. The more time I have the more prepared I will be.

Ranger Jim- I have been establishing my weaknesses for the past few weeks and am now transitioning my programming to address them. The bulk of my training has been general strength and conditioning, so I will now be focusing more closely on the PT movements and running.

The link you included in your last message was very helpful. I have stumbled upon similar lists during my own research, but it is good to see it from the source. I originally had my mind set on 11x. My recruiter did mention 13f, which at the time I knew little about. After reading much about it on this site, it sounds like a great job to have. So, I think these are the 2 front runners for me. The 35 series also intrigues me, but my recruiter is saying I am unlikely to see that with an Option 40. I scored a 95 on my ASVAB so my recruiter is telling me I should not have many limitations overall when it comes to picking a job I want. If I could just get them to stop saying that the Option 40 is for Ranger School, that would be great.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Dan6683 wrote: The link you included in your last message was very helpful. I have stumbled upon similar lists during my own research, but it is good to see it from the source. I originally had my mind set on 11x. My recruiter did mention 13f, which at the time I knew little about. After reading much about it on this site, it sounds like a great job to have. So, I think these are the 2 front runners for me. The 35 series also intrigues me, but my recruiter is saying I am unlikely to see that with an Option 40. I scored a 95 on my ASVAB so my recruiter is telling me I should not have many limitations overall when it comes to picking a job I want. If I could just get them to stop saying that the Option 40 is for Ranger School, that would be great.
Sadly, too many recruiters are only focused on getting your name on the line so they can make quota for the month. Hold out for what you want -- it is your life. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”