Introduction - Angel

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Ponce_13
Embryo

Introduction - Angel

Post by Ponce_13 »

Good day Rangers and U.S. Armed Forces personnel, I want to start by showing my gratitude and respect for your service to our country and for hosting aspiring Rangers like myself on this forum.

My name is Angel, currently residing in Ventura California and I am an aspiring Ranger. I am 28 years old and in the process of enlisting in the U.S. Army seeking a 68Whiskey with an Option 40 contract. I have already met with my local Army recruiting office in Oxnard, CA and will be attending MEPS May 19th.

I have been an anonymous visitor to this site for a little over 2 years now, but my desire to be a member of the U.S. Army as a Ranger predates to my days in High School. Reason why I have waited so long to finally join the military and this forum was because of my family’s desire that I graduate from college. The road has been deviating and adverse (story for another time), but a year ago I graduated from Cal. State University Long Beach with a degree in Political Science and I am currently 2 weeks away from finishing an EMT course at my community college. After trying myself in numerous career fields I always return to the fact that I want nothing more than to be an Army Ranger. I am not merely seeking a job for the next four years, I am seeking a career that will allow me to be part of something much bigger and important than myself, furthermore, the ability work with some of the most highly trained and astute people in the world, thus the reason why I am here.

So thank you again for allowing me to join this forum, as I start my long journey towards achieving my goal and will need as much information and advice as possible.

PT SCORES:
Pushups: 80
Sit-ups: 74
Pull-ups: 13
2 Mile Run: 14:04

Always room for improvement. If there are any other wannabes in my area, like myself, and would like to train together feel free to contact me.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Angel

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Angel. A man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far, you are doing OK. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. You have established your PT baseline and you seen to understand what you need to do to improve. We have a number of Ranger Medics on site, and I'm sure one will be by shortly. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ponce_13
Embryo

Post by Ponce_13 »

Roger Ranger Jim, thank you for the welcome!
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Angel.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Ponce_13
Embryo

Post by Ponce_13 »

Thank you Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV!
Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Welcome Angel.

PM inbound.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140715

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome Angel.

PM inbound.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ponce_13
Embryo

Post by Ponce_13 »

Bronco wrote:Welcome Angel.

PM inbound.
Thank you, Bronco! PM Received and PM replied.
Ponce_13
Embryo

Post by Ponce_13 »

Steadfast wrote:Welcome Angel.

PM inbound.
Thank you, Ranger Steadfast! PM received and replied. Please do inform me on how to further proceed.
Ponce_13
Embryo

Post by Ponce_13 »

ManchuV wrote:Welcome to the site Angel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roger Ranger ManchuV, and thank you for the welcome! I look forward to your counsel.
PerryB
Recruiting for the Darkside

Post by PerryB »

Welcome to the site. I see that you're trying for an Option 40 with a 68W. That will be tough to get, The fact that you're a college grad will help. My advise is to secure the 68W training. If the recruiter can get you the option 40 you'll be set. If not, when you go to the meps the counselor can try to get you an option 40. If he or she cannot get the option 40 ask the NCOIC of the Army office to call the ROC NCOIC and request it. Often you'll be told NO 3 or 4 times until the NCOIC calls the NCOIC. Every MEPS is different. I know we would do this at my meps. Some meps are lazy, don't care, don't know how, or all of the above. Good luck and never quit.

PerryB
Ponce_13
Embryo

Post by Ponce_13 »

Roger PerryB, thanks for the perfectly timed advice. I have being doing like Ranger Jim instructed and been researching everything that pertains to my situation before I post anything. I have read your posts about this situation and I am planning on sticking to my guns. If I can’t find the contract I want after reaching out to the NCOIC I will be asking for the ideal time to return when such a contract will most likely be available.

The reason why I said perfect timing was because today I will be meeting with my recruiter to ask if he could do me the favor to call (or email) the 75th Ranger Regiment Recruitment office, to ask about the outlook for 68W + Opt40 contracts for the month of May in Los Angeles. I like to think that I’m a pretty resourceful person and can do this myself, but I don’t want recruiter to think that I am cutting him out. They also keep insisting that I keep my options open, and every time I ask about securing a MOS with them they give me the run around about how this will be done at LA MEPS. Depending on the answer I get today, I will contact the Santa Barbara recruiting office.

Pertaining about contacting the 75th Ranger Regiment, in your opinion PerryB, would this be a good course of action?

…lastly, is the info on this link the best way to contact the 75th Ranger Regiment?
https://www.benning.army.mil/tenant/75t ... uiting.htm
PerryB
Recruiting for the Darkside

Post by PerryB »

I would say that it would not be helpful to contact the 75th recruiting regiment. You are a civilian and need to go through USAREC. If your recruiters want you to wait till you get to meps thats fine. Just ask for what you want once you get to the meps. Let me know what day you will be at the meps and if needed I'll email the NCOIC and ask him to square you away. I cannot guarantee it will happen but I'll do my best to help out all I can.

Perry
Ponce_13
Embryo

Post by Ponce_13 »

Roger PerryB, and thank you very much for the offer to help. Today I tried contacting my recruiter and I could not get ahold my recruiter or anyone at the office, I drove by after work and the offices were closed. However, I plan to stop by first thing Monday morning to confirm my day at MEPS and Ill contact you with my information. I know I said May 18th in my introduction but I don’t think it was concrete due to the fact that they were barely submitting my packet to check that all my information was legitimate (which it is). Again thank you Ranger Steadfast and PerryB, I will contact you next week when I have my date in writing.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”