Introduction - Ruslan

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Tyranthz
Embryo

Introduction - Ruslan

Post by Tyranthz »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Ruslan but I mainly go by Russell. I am a 19 year old college student currently finishing up my first year of studying Computer Science and Engineering. I'm currently in Columbus, Ohio but in the next week I will be going back home to Brooklyn, New York. I decided that I want to put my College education on hold and pursue my dream of becoming an Army Ranger.

First of all, I want to thank you for running this website. I have being looking around and found a great deal of information which will help me succeed. I plan on going to a Recruiter in the first couple of days back home. My ultimate goal is to receive an Option 40 contract and I will not settle for anything less no matter how long it may take.

I have always wanted to join the Army ever since I was young, but my parents wanted me to go to College and get my degree first. After a year in College I've come to realize that this is not what I want to be doing with my life. I finally decided to push myself to do what I've always wanted; which is join the Army.

Everything about the Army has always interested me; from the values, to the sense of pride, to the brotherhood, and there is no greater brotherhood than the Army Rangers. I've always wanted to be part of the elite and I will not give up until I achieve my goal.

My current PT scores:
Push-ups - 50
Sit-ups - 65
Pull-ups - 10
2 mile run - 14:12
This is nowhere close to where I want to be before i ship out to basic. I have lost around 8-9% body-fat in the past 8 months and plan to lose 4-6% more in the next couple of months while bringing up my push-ups and sit-ups to 90+ each, my pull-ups to 20+, and my 2 mile run to under 13 minutes. I plan on beginning the Push Up improvement and APFT improvement Posts posted by Ranger Silverback.
SilentKillers2/75
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Ruslan

Post by SilentKillers2/75 »

If you are serious Ruslan, about enlisting and becoming a Ranger, let me know. But before you contact me again, I need to know that you have met with and coordinated with a recruiter. I don't want to hear from you until then.
Class 12-80
2/75 79-81
4/10 Panama 81-83
Morgan Team 3rd Rgr Co 83-86
E Co 51st LRS Germany 86-89
6th RTB 89-91
Scouts 3/325 Vicenza 91-93
ROTC UNC Chapel Hill 93-97
Ft. Bragg 97-99
Someones got to do the things no one else wants to do and sometimes,those who make that choice will pay the ultimate price for it. Johnny "Mike" Spann
SilentKillers2/75
Ranger

By the way...your PT scores suck. Do you want to be a fucking cook or a Ranger? Again, do not reply until you have met with a recruiter.
Class 12-80
2/75 79-81
4/10 Panama 81-83
6th RTB 89-91
Ft. Bragg 97-99
Someones got to do the things no one else wants to do and sometimes,those who make that choice will pay the ultimate price for it. Johnny "Mike" Spann
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Ruslan. A man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far, you are doing OK. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. You have established your PT baseline and you seen to understand what you need to do to improve. Have you selected an MOS to pursue? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Welcome Tyranthz.

PM inbound.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140715

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Tyranthz
Embryo

Post by Tyranthz »

Ranger Jim, Thank you for the helpful information. I am interested in pursuing 11X

PM received Bronco
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Ruslan.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Tyranthz
Embryo

Post by Tyranthz »

Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV and Ranger ManchuV,

Thank you for the welcome.
SilentKillers2/75
Ranger

Ruslan,
I want you to find the Ranger Creed, it is posted here on this site and you can find it on a google search also. Print it out and start memorizing it. I want you to also work on your form when doing push ups, sit ups and pull ups. That information is also posted on this site. I want you to set goals that are tested and recorded every two weeks. Once you meet with a recruiter, let us know what has transpired and what you have been told. I could copy links that you can click on to find this information but you need to take some initiative and demonstrate your abilities on your own accord. This decision that you have made is not something that we as Rangers take lightly. It is something that you live by for the rest of your life. The creed will lead you and guide you.

Now, my expectations or that of another Ranger brother on this site is serious. Consider this while you ponder your decisions. We will be here waiting for an update on what you have coordinated with a recruiter and your progress on your physical stamina. You may only have a short period of time from the time you enlist until you are shipped off to OSUT. FOCUS now on your goals.

You have not even scratched the ant bite on your ass yet. All you have seen is the cover of the Ranger book. Inside of this Ranger book, if you are 110% committed, is your test to being one of us.
Class 12-80
2/75 79-81
4/10 Panama 81-83
6th RTB 89-91
Ft. Bragg 97-99
Tyranthz
Embryo

Post by Tyranthz »

Hello Rangers,

The good news: I took the practice ASVAB and received an 80 which is not as good as I would've liked; Means I need to study more. No excuses. I have also been looking through MOS in the Regiment and the three that stand out the most to me are 11X, 35M, and 68W.

For the Bad News: I just got back from a talking with a recruiter. The recruiter told me that Option 40 does not guarantee Rangers and I told him that it will give me Airborne and then RASP. He also did not seem to know the difference between Ranger School and RASP. Then the recruiter called I believe a person at MEPS who also seemed to have the two mixed up even though the recruiter said that he processed a lot of Ranger Candidates.

Should I go see another recruiter?

Thank You.
Tyranthz
Embryo

Post by Tyranthz »

Hello Rangers,

A little SITREP; I took my ASVAB and scored a 82 and have 68W reserved to ship out on June 16,2014 if i decide to sign my contract. My physical is on Monday and i will try to get option 40 added on there.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Doesn't sound like your recruiter knows what he's talking about. Do some research on here in the recruiting forum for your answers.

If your mechanic didn't know what the hell he was doing would you still let him work on your car?

Rhetorical question there.

It's your life and your future, make it what you want it to be, not what someone that needs to fill a checklist tells you. Stand fast on what you want and be smart about it, or have regrets that you rushed into something without doing your homework.

Beat your face for not researching enough. 50 push-ups. Go.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Tyranthz
Embryo

Post by Tyranthz »

Roger that Ranger Cams,

It is my fault for being talked into it and i will stand my ground and wait however long it may take.

Knocking out 50.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Tyranthz wrote:Roger that Ranger Cams,

It is my fault for being talked into it and i will stand my ground and wait however long it may take.

Knocking out 50.
Any developments?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”