Introduction - Ruslan

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Tyranthz
Embryo

Re: Introduction - Ruslan

Post by Tyranthz »

Ranger Jim,

Recruiter offered me 11X with no options but I declined and said I want to wait For Option 40.They did not want to send me to MEPS without a job reservation so I have not done my physical yet. Currently Just getting in shape and waiting for a slot to open up. Hoping my recruiter will pull through for me.
Tyranthz
Embryo

Post by Tyranthz »

Rangers,

I just got back from my recruiter. Reserved an 11X Option 40, ship date September 23, 2014. Going to MEPS to do my physical and swear in on Monday. Will post an update after. I know I do not have a lot of time till I ship and will be pushing myself every single day.

Russel
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Excellent. Confirm when you take your oath. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
PerryB
Recruiting for the Darkside

Post by PerryB »

Congrats on getting the option 40 I haven't seen any for a couple of weeks now. Keep pushing yourself every day and never quit.

Perryb
Tyranthz
Embryo

Post by Tyranthz »

Roger that Ranger Jim,

Thank you PerryB; Recruiter had to call up the MEPS Career counselor since i was job locked. Thank you again for the information you provided and checking the system for me.

Russel
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Ruslan

Post by Steadfast »

Where are you Russel? Let's get back in the program here.

I've sent you a PM.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Tyranthz
Embryo

Post by Tyranthz »

Rangers,

Here is an update on my situation. I am currently waiting to get scheduled for a MEPS consult to hopefully approve my vision waiver for my Astigmatism. Been waiting for 3 weeks now, So I hope it happens soon. I know enlisting under an option 40 with a waiver is highly unlikely so I will do my best to pursue getting Airborne/RASP during OSUT.

Will update when I'll have some good news.

Russel
Tyranthz
Embryo

Post by Tyranthz »

Rangers,

I took my Oath this Monday. Signed an 11X Contract shipping out August 19th. Option 40 was not available because of my medical vision waiver so I will do my best to pursue Airborne/RASP During OSUT or after OSUT.

Russel
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Tyranthz wrote: I took my Oath this Monday. Signed an 11X Contract shipping out August 19th. Option 40 was not available because of my medical vision waiver so I will do my best to pursue Airborne/RASP During OSUT or after OSUT.
Review the letters from school threads, there are a fair number of RASP slots earned during OSUT. In the meantime, begin to memorize the Ranger Creed and start living your life by it. When you get ready to ship, please open your own letter from school so that we can watch you progress. Never, never quit.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”