Introduction- CON

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

CON
Embryo

Introduction- CON

Post by CON »

Rangers,
My name is Connor. I am currently a freshman in college and wish to enlist with a 68w Option 40 contract once I graduate. I know I have quite some time before I enlist but would love the mentorship from Rangers throughout the process. As I have began the college process, I am realizing that no matter what degree I choose, nothing will give me the fulfillment that serving my country will. I have always been interested in joining the Special Operations community and want to part of the best of the best. The reason I want to serve in the Ranger Regiment specifically as a 68w is that I want to serve my country, as well as serve those who will eventually serve my country alongside myself. I have always been interested in medicine and caring for people and feel that one of the best opportunities to do that is in the Regiment. Although my PT scores are pitiful: Pushups 45, Sit-ups 55 (I cannot complete a 2 mile run yet as I am overcoming back troubles) and I have a few years before I can enlist, I would be honored to be under the mentorship of one of the Rangers on this community or at least be able to stick around for the time being. Thank you for your service and time.
-Connor
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction- CON

Post by Jim »

Connor, if you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We are proud of the fine young Rangers who have passed through ArmyRanger.com on their life journey. Please read the FAQs as well as select stickies and threads. Most questions have been addressed at least once. The search feature, located at the top right of this page is your friend. We have several Ranger Medics on the site, and they may visit your introduction. In the meanwhile you may find the letters from school helpful. As soon as you are recovered from your back troubles, please post a self-administered PT test on this thread. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CON
Embryo

Post by CON »

Roger Ranger Jim. Will post a PT update as soon as possible.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

CON wrote:Roger Ranger Jim. Will post a PT update as soon as possible.
Tell us more about yourself: Where are you from? Why are you waiting to enlist? What is your major? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Grim666 »

Welcome to the site. The choice to be a Ranger Medic means the longest and arguably the hardest path to getting into the Ranger Regiment. There is a great review by Ranger Bloody_Limey on this site. That should serve as a good starting point. If and when you choose to move forward with your choice to enlist I will gladly lend you some more advice. Both advice I received and some of my own. RLTW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????
CON
Embryo

Post by CON »

Roger Ranger Jim,
I am from southern Ohio and am currently majoring in economics. The main reason I am waiting to enlist is that I told my parents I would graduate college before I join the military (they are paying for my education). I am taking specific courses to allow myself to apply to PA school (covered by the GI bill) after my service if all goes as planned and will use the extra time to further mature both mentally and physically. Although my parents wishes may not align with mine, I will respect them and use college to my advantage and preparation for the Regiment.
CON
Embryo

Post by CON »

Ranger Grim666,
Thank you for your input. I will definitely read Ranger Bloody_Limey's review! I recently read your Sitreps that Ranger Sleepy Doc posted on your progress during RASP and SOCM and couldn't help but get fired up! I admire your work ethic and determination and hope to follow in your foot steps one day.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Con.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
CON
Embryo

Post by CON »

Hello Rangers,
I just wanted to keep in touch and post a quick update. I know the time is pretty pitiful but I finally overcame my back troubles and just ran two miles in 16:30. The time sucks but I am just starting to run and am happy to have a starting point. Also, my pushups have increased to 53 and my sit-ups are up to 62. I will keep improving and working hard to reach my goal.
-CON
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Now you have a baseline run time. My fat, decrepit ass is about twice as slow. If you haven't run regularly before, you can expect some good improvement in you time initially as you work on it. At some point expect your time to plateau. To get past that will take concentrated effort and actual conditioning exercises. Not impossible, but will take a serious commitment. And time. Lots and lots of running...
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

And one of the easiest ways to drop your run time? Drop your weight
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
CON
Embryo

Post by CON »

Thank you Ranger Sleepy Doc. I played football my whole life so have definitely never been a long distance runner. As bad as this is, that was actually the farthest I've ever ran at one time so I'm hoping to see improvements soon. I have also recently been watching what I eat with hopes to become more healthy and lose weight.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Con, have you contacted a recruiter yet. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
CON
Embryo

Post by CON »

Ranger Jim,
As I stated before I am going to wait until graduation to enlist so I have not yet done so. I have recently been contemplating earning my RN in a two year program which would enable me to enlist in roughly a little over two years. When do you recommend I start talking to a recruiter if this is the case?
-CON
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

The advantage to entering the Delayed Entry Program (DEP) is that your Basic Pay Entry Date (BPED) is established. What this means is that for pay purposes, your DEP time counts. So you might get paid as a PFC over two years when you complete one year of Active Duty (AD). When to go to a recruiter? The sooner the better, you need to get a physical and take a battery of tests to establish what options are available. As an example, to enlist as a Ranger Medic, you will need to score higher than to be a vanilla 68W. As I said before, the search feature is your friend. Use it. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”