INTRO - Chris

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

DCGreen22
Embryo

INTRO - Chris

Post by DCGreen22 »

Hello Rangers,
I am a 23 year old who has dreamed of serving my country for as far back as I can remember. I was involved in NJROTC in high school as well as an AROTC scholarship cadet in college. Due to grades I was disenrolled during the second semester my junior year. I am here because I want to be a Ranger, although I had hoped to one day join the 75th as an Officer I know that I can only benefit from learning from those who have come before me. I will be using my time as a soldier to work on my grades and finish my degrees (Criminology and International Studies with an Area of Emphasis on Intelligence and National Security) online, since I only have 30 credits left. I will also hopefully show the NCO's and Officers appointed over me that I am worthy of a Commission as an Officer.

Currently I am working with a recruiter on obtaining an 11x or 35F option 40 contract so I can accomplish my dream. I want those who may see my post as ungenuine to understand that I do not see the Regiment as a mode to get what I want but as a guide. I believe the Regiment is my calling and my goal is to be an honor grad at both OSUT and RASP. Any positive guidance I can receive as far as what I should be prepared for as far as OSUT and RASP will be more then greatly appreciated.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: INTRO - Chris

Post by Jim »

Welcome Chris, if you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com in their life journey. Please begin by reading the FAQs as well as selected threads and stickies. Most questions you might have are already addressed. The search feature, located on the top right of this page is your friend. Please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread within the next 72 hours. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com. My best advise to you is to read and listen and you can learn a great deal about becoming a Ranger. Please read and heed the ROE I sent you in a PM.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Welcome. PM inbound, DCGreen22.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140715

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
DCGreen22
Embryo

Post by DCGreen22 »

Thank you all for the welcome. I will be sure to use this site to my full advantage before I ship, and Roger that Ranger Jim I will be sure to administer a diagnostic APFT within the next 48 hours.
"Let the blood of the infantry flow through your veins,or the blood of the infantry will be on your hands." -GEN John A. Wickham, Jr
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Chris.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

72 hours came and went. Lesson #1, when you are given a task, ensure it is completed on time, Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
DCGreen22
Embryo

Post by DCGreen22 »

Ranger Jim,

I apologize for the delay in posting my APFT results there was a slight problem with my home internet connection that was just resolved today. This no way excuses the failure of my task.

PU: 76
SU: 83
2-Mile Run: 14:48
APFT Score: 280

My run time is not quite where I would like it to be but I am working to improve it by following a running plan designed to decrease my run time.
"Let the blood of the infantry flow through your veins,or the blood of the infantry will be on your hands." -GEN John A. Wickham, Jr
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

OK, you finally posted, You have a good baseline to build on. Now tell us why you want to be a Ranger. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
DCGreen22
Embryo

Post by DCGreen22 »

Not to sound cliche Ranger Jim but I want to be a part of the best. I want to know that if I go into combat I'll have some of the most highly motivated and best trained members of the Army watching my back and I can be honored to do the same for them. That piece of mind knowing that I am well trained to perform my duties and that everyone around me is just as highly trained/motivated to perform theirs is unmatched. Another reason also is I want a challenge and I don't want to settle for mediocre if I am lucky enough to get into the Regiment I will work my ass off to show my superiors that I belong there.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Pretty good reasons to become a Ranger. Please add pull-ups to your workouts. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
DCGreen22
Embryo

Post by DCGreen22 »

Sorry it has been a long time since I have posted but a quick update. The recruiter I orginally began working with in 2013 refused to work with me after 3 months due to my prior ROTC enrollment and need for a medical waiver. I'm guessing he just didn't want to be bothered with the paperwork. Needless to say I was a little upset but not deterred. I called around and found a recruiter in another company located in Richmond VA who agreed to work with me. I moved to Richmond and began working with her in January 2014. It took 6 months and 5 trips to MEPSf waiting for paperwork from ROTC to be processed, and for my medicaal waiver to come back before I entered the DEP in July of 2014 with a ship date of 12 NOV 2014 as an 11x. Due to the fact I required a medical waiver to enlist I was not granted an OPT 40 contract. While at 11B OSUT I was offered an OPT 40 contract from the Ranger liaison and eagerly accepted. I graduated from OSUT on 13 March 2015 and begin airborne school on 17 March 2015. I know this is not the end of my journey to joining the 75th Ranger Regiment and becoming a full fledged Ranger, but I would like others to take note that it is possible to reach your goals as long as you drive on and never quit.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Thanks for the update on your progress. Give 110% every minute of every day and only associate with those that do the same. NEVER quit!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Excellent SITREP, Chris. I can't begin to tell you how proud I am for your earning an Option 40. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
DCGreen22
Embryo

Post by DCGreen22 »

SITREP: I graduated from Airborne school last Thursday with no problems and am currently in Pre-RASP. Our estimated start date for RASP 1 is 4 May 2015. A lot of the guys who were already here are recycles from another RASP 1 class and have given me a little insight into what I can expect at RASP 1. In the meantime I'll be sure to update this weekly as well as doing as much PT during my personal time as possible.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”