New nute introduction- Dylan

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Re: New nute introduction- Dylan

Post by smokeeater1061 »

12/31/2014 I passed my MEPS physical, Suitability review had a turnaround time less than 24 hrs. I ran into a problem that will have to be solved with hard work and determination. I go back to MEPS sunday/monday of this week to sign for a contract and swear in. I read Ranger Invictus thread about how to respond with no Ranger contracts and also read what Ranger K.Ingraham had updated inside that thread. I was asked what I wanted to do I responded Option 40 Contract 11x. I was told by the liason sgt's they could get me Ranger, Airborne, or Infantry, there were no Option 4 or Option 40 contracts available. I could get a contract for Ranger cook, Ranger Truck driver, Ranger Intel or Airborne 13b, Airborne etc or Infantry which did I want the most ? I told them I want to be a Ranger Infantryman !

I am going to try and get in my contract that if there is an Option 4 or Option 40 that it be attached to my contract before I ship for 11x it seems there using it as an incentive to get more truck drivers and other support mos filled. Is there a specific duty station that I should put on my dream sheet to help get me to the Ranger Regiment any faster or to Airborne school any faster ? My goal is the Regiment and if I have to prove myself as a plain jane grunt I understand that and will earn it, if there is a way to make things more in my favor to get my shot at selection in case there are no seats open during OSUT what should I do ?

The earliest ship date I had was February 3rd and I may try to get that pushed back a month to deal with family affairs and land I just recently received through living inheritance.
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

I also requested an Airborne physical and passed just in case I can volunteer for the BAC at OSUT.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

If you want an Opt 40 and you're willing to put in hard work to not waste it then wait for an Opt 40. Entirely up to you. Don't let a recruiter talk you into something that they need as opposed to what you want.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

Roger that Ranger Cams first test to becoming a Ranger, to gut it out.

I have only found one point of contact who is a 75th Ranger recruiter, is there someone I can call in front of my recruiter that can tell them there will be more 11x OP-40 contracts. There really trying to pressure me into something I do not want and I am willing to wait for a contract to open if theres going to be one.
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

I am going back to MEPS Monday, had the recruiting command all jacked up today calling all up and down there COC even got chewed at by a SSGT and SFC. The station captain called me, who is currently on leave and told me he would see what he could do, hes going to call the ROC Monday and I am going to try to get a hold of the 75th Liaison officer Monday, from what the recruiter said is that 11x op 40 wont show for me because I am not a high-school senior, I don't believe they have a reason to lie they were trying to get me there through other mos's but alas I want to be a door kicker. I've been offered an 18x SF contract about 4 times today and I turned them down because I want to be a Ranger not SF I will probably sign Monday for an 11x contract and earn my way there. With the Airborne physical out of the way I can check one step off the process. Will update when I know more.
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

cams wrote:If you want an Opt 40 and you're willing to put in hard work to not waste it then wait for an Opt 40. Entirely up to you. Don't let a recruiter talk you into something that they need as opposed to what you want.
Great advice, if you want it, sometimes you've got to wait them out, sometimes you've got to fight. But if you want it bad enough, don't let them talk you out of it. RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

Roger Ranger Jd.

Rangers I looked at the request system and they projected an Option 40 all the way to October 2015 and nothing showed for 11x, There were truck driver, radio repair communicator and one other support mos but none for 11x. Im not sure exactly how to interpret the attrs system but the slots look full. I can not reserve an 11x past February because its the only month but they did say it was an anomaly there were over 900 slots open for 3 dates in feb. for Infantry. Im going to attempt to talk to the Ranger liason before I sign to see whats going on for my situation and 11x option 40. The senior nco did say that it may show for a high school senior and not my self because its an incentive for them just like option 40 for 88m is an incentive to get people to fill support mos's. Im going to find out how long my suitability is good for play the meps experience again and wait to sign if I dont like what I hear until I talk to someone in the know.
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

*Sitrep* I am enlisted 11x op 3 Feb.3rd 2015. I had my recruiter call the roc to get them to release an option 40 or option 4 to no avail. I called the 75th Recruiters number to no avail. I requested the meps guidance counselors to get me option 40 or 4 to no avail. It just was not showing, they did try to sell me 13b op 4 but I want to be an Infantryman. I will have to earn my place to selection the fun way Rangers. Are there any posts to help my chances as an Infantryman get to Ranger Regiment faster ?
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Yes. "Keep doing PT until they get you an Opt 40."

Have fun.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

Roger Ranger Cams.
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

You're going to have to show these people that you are far better than the average Joe, in every way, PT, leadership, attitude, motivation, etc.. If you you want this you can still do this, but you have to earn it. Give everything you've got, ever time you give and never ever quit. RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

smokeeater1061 wrote:*Sitrep* I am enlisted 11x op 3 Feb.3rd 2015. I had my recruiter call the roc to get them to release an option 40 or option 4 to no avail. I called the 75th Recruiters number to no avail. I requested the meps guidance counselors to get me option 40 or 4 to no avail. It just was not showing, they did try to sell me 13b op 4 but I want to be an Infantryman. I will have to earn my place to selection the fun way Rangers. Are there any posts to help my chances as an Infantryman get to Ranger Regiment faster ?
Since you are shipping soon, your recruiter can keep checking to see if an option 4 or option 40 becomes available. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

Roger Ranger Jd. Roger Ranger Jim.
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

Smokeater. SITREP.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

Roger that Ranger Buzz I am posting as I speak in the letters from school thread.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”