New nute introduction- Dylan

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Re: New nute introduction- Dylan

Post by smokeeater1061 »

Affirm wrote:I have respect for your Firefighter background. Not too long ago I was in a similar position (Firefighter/EMT) and walk the path you now seek to follow.

For that reason, if there is something I can help you with, do not hesitate to PM me.

Welcome to the site.

RLTW!
Thank you Ranger Affirm. PM sent
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

*SITREP*- I am officially signed up for school, got kinda hairy but its happening now. 12 Credits this 4 month semester then one more class and I believe I should be eligible for an OP-40 Contract.

There are some land navigation classes coming up nearby and I will be doing some classroom and some exploring in the State parks and natural areas in Missouri. All I have to do is focus on Education,PT, and learning some basic skills such as knots,Ranger history,land navigation etc.My dad told me to learn a call for fire and he will evaluate, and is also teaching me some basic field-craft whenever it comes to him for which I am grateful.

My father has also told me to go out and practice my basic tracking skills, and scout for deer, learn differences in trails-human and animal, practice my sense of smell and to keep practicing METT-T,OCOKA, study the Patrolling FM and keep reading the Ranger book. I have been loosing body fat and improving overall strength and fitness and its starting to show, that part I am proud of. 110% and then some until my goals & objectives have been completed.
Thank you Rangers for you support and infinite wisdom.
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

*SITREP*- 1/25/14

Just completed week 2 of classes, turns out I just may be one of those sharp tools in the tool shed. I went to the recruiters office after not being contacted back just to check and see. As it turns out my recruiter was dismissed, and am now working with a new recruiter, I may be able to obtain an op-40 contract. I took the asvab practice test and scored a 40, my previous results expired. Everything felt strong except the MK.
Self-administered pt test today Pushups-40 Situps 68 2 mile run 17:38 cross-country. I did attempt to run on a track today to get a time but our local track has been flooded a few months back and is in the middle of repairs. There are two hills one at the beginning of the 1st mile and one toward the end, to give an idea I live in the country side on some dusty gravel road, so cars are really fun. I just remember my father use to run BCT soldiers through the engineer trail on FLW with a two mile hill and cs gas, instantly better.

I will update when I find out further just hoping that I make it to meps before my category closes.
As a mental update, I have never been as mentally strong in my life as I am now. I utilize self help, like tony robbins and documentaries on those who have overcame even greater odds. Next week I start running with an IBA once a week my brother loaned me. In school I sit up front in every class, correct posture, I am active in everything the class does, I help whenever I can.

Will update when I know more Thank you Rangers.
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

Forgive my attention to detail, as I made a couple errors on the last post.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Dude that ASVAB score is sad. That said you should take the ASVAB and see if your line scores disqualify you.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

Roger that Ranger Baseplate, my previous score was a 57 with gt 114, The asvab I took in the recruiting station is just a pre-test there are only 4 categories, and about 15 questions apiece, last time i took the pre-test i scored around a 25 and scored a 57 on the real deal. Never the less you encourage me to study. Thank you Ranger for your feedback. It is appreciated.
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

To clarify the recruiters asvab is the AFQT pre-test. I will attain a higher score.
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

Still have not taken the asvab, am seeking a math tutor so I can achieve the highest score possible which will be higher than a 60 AFQT. I have found another mentor who is going to help my run times and more functional fitness so I am not doing just what im doing now which is situps, pull ups, flutter kicks squats. My father is teaching me the classroom land nav, to help me learn the basics very thankful. My other mentor is going to set up practice land nav evaluations. I am becoming more motivated everyday, I must restate since my head got in the game I have quit smoking after 7 years since april/may of 2013 I have gone from a being able to run 1/2 a mile to 6 or more, I weighed 215 with a higher risk for health problems later in life to being 1in away from american institute of healths most desired waist line for men. My body is looking more fit everyday. I went from doing just enough to get by to doing the right thing every time all the time, Ranger cadences play through my head all day and it keeps me motivated and gives insight to Ranger history. The Ranger Regiment has done so much to impact my life already and its all for the better. just a quick sitrep Thank-you.
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

SITREP APFT
PU-45
SU-75
2 Mile run crosscountry w/2 hills 18:04
Had a week off from running, overtraining with IBA and I also pullled or did something to my left testicle went for two runs with out swollen but just took a week off, back running no problems. School is going great, help everyone when its feasible, good grades in all but one class, working to pass it though. Reading alot of Ranger history, I am not surprised at the insurmountable odds Rangers have overcome,100% and then some ! Rangers past and present Thank-you I learn more everyday how the Ranger creed is not just something to memorize but a way of life that will keep you alive and more importantly complete the Ranger objective the right way the first time. 1/2 way through this semester. I work with a math tutor this monday. I will never quit !
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

smokeeater1061, be sure to include your # of pull ups with each sitrep APFT.
Don't make us go look for your last #'s.

excerpt of smokeeater1061 wrote:SITREP APFT
PU-45
SU-75
2 Mile run crosscountry w/2 hills 18:04
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

Roger that.Will correct next apft. Thank you Ranger Steadfast.
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

*Sitrep* 2/22/14
Corrected APFT
Pu 38
Su 40
pullup- 10
two-mile run[-20:30 crosscountry ended up throwing up dinner during my run kept going
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

Thank you MadBSTRD you just enabled one of the biggest psychological boosts I"ve ever had,
Checked on the 400 meter track, almost ran out of gas but it was worth it. still some debris just ran around it.

*Sitrep* 02/23/14 Est.Time 0900
Two mile Run - 13:51

I put out enough, that two cyclers stopped me high fived me then told me they wish they could hopefully be as fit as me one day. I said thankyou, shocked and stunned someone wanted to be as fit as me ! I know now I am truly on the right path, thankyou again Rangers for changing my life forever.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”