Introduction--Braxton

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Braxton
Ranger

Introduction--Braxton

Post by Braxton »

Hello everybody. My name is Braxton (name deleted by Admin - read FAQ's - no last names). I'm 18 and ever since I was a kid I wanted to be in the military. It's started out with an obsession with WW2 fighter planes and me wanting to be in the Airforce, but as I got older my mind changed to being a Marine. Within the past few years I have decided to join the Army instead. I dont want to be just a regular 11b (even though there's nothing wrong with being that) I want to be an Army Ranger, more than anything in the world. My Grandfather was an Army Ranger in Vietnam and has told me stories. Some good, most bad. I have already talked to my recruiter for atleast a month and have ran into a few speed bumps but I won't get into that here. Thank you for reading my novel and thank you for being on this site helping others
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction--Braxton

Post by Jim »

Welcome Braxton. If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com in their life journey. Please begin by reading the FAQs as well as selected threads and stickies. Most questions you might have are already addressed. The search feature, located on the top right of this page is your friend. What unit did your grandfather serve with in Viet-Nam? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

Jim wrote:Welcome Braxton. If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com in their life journey. Please begin by reading the FAQs as well as selected threads and stickies. Most questions you might have are already addressed. The search feature, located on the top right of this page is your friend. What unit did your grandfather serve with in Viet-Nam? Never, never quit!
Thank you Ranger Jim, I will have to ask him next time I see him.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Braxton.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

Jim wrote: What unit did your grandfather serve with in Viet-Nam? Never, never quit!
16th infantry rangers, 1st division. Big Red 1. He said Had to ask my Grandmother but that's what she told me he said Ranger Jim
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

ZoneIV wrote:Unless I am mistaken, "Rangers" is a nickname for the 16th Infantry Regiment used to this day. The 16th Infantry Regiment has a proud and distinquished lineage going back to the Civil War through today. They were the featured unit in the movie "Big Red One". Having the adopted nickname of "Rangers" however is different than actually being an organized "Ranger" Unit and part of the Ranger lineage.
Correct, they call themselves "Rangers."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/16th_Infan ... ed_States)
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Now, what I want you to do is self-conduct a PT test within the next 72 hours. BTW, I was in C/1-26.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

Jim wrote:Now, what I want you to do is self-conduct a PT test within the next 72 hours. BTW, I was in C/1-26.
Roger Ranger Jim.
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

Jim wrote:Now, what I want you to do is self-conduct a PT test within the next 72 hours. BTW, I was in C/1-26.
PT test July 18th
2 mile: 13:53= 88pts
Sit-ups: 67= 82pts
Push-ups: 57= 81pts
Score 251. Not bad for my first 2 mile run in about a month. I have been working out Monday-Friday for years now. I've been doing the wrong type of workouts. I will be doing nothing but running, push-ups, sit-ups, some pull-ups, and more running Ranger Jim. I'm disappointed with my first pt test, to say the least.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Braxton wrote:
PT test July 18th
Score 251. Not bad for my first 2 mile run in about a month. I have been working out Monday-Friday for years now. I've been doing the wrong type of workouts. I will be doing nothing but running, push-ups, sit-ups, some pull-ups, and more running Ranger Jim. I'm disappointed with my first pt test, to say the least.
Understand your disappointment. But you now have established a PT baseline to build on. Please add pull-ups (palms out) to your work-outs. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

Jim wrote:
Braxton wrote:
PT test July 18th
Understand your disappointment. But you now have established a PT baseline to build on. Please add pull-ups (palms out) to your work-outs. Never, never quit!
Roger Ranger Jim. Palm out, wide grip pull-ups are already a part of my everyday workout. Been doing them without any movement from my lower body and full extension of arms. Would rather do a few correct pull-ups than a lot of wrong ones. I will do a weekly PT test and post it here if that's alright.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Braxton wrote:Roger Ranger Jim. Palm out, wide grip pull-ups are already a part of my everyday workout. Been doing them without any movement from my lower body and full extension of arms. Would rather do a few correct pull-ups than a lot of wrong ones. I will do a weekly PT test and post it here if that's alright.
Make it every two or three weeks. Weekly does not give you a chance to measure progress. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

Jim wrote:
Braxton wrote:Roger Ranger Jim. Palm out, wide grip pull-ups are already a part of my everyday workout. Been doing them without any movement from my lower body and full extension of arms. Would rather do a few correct pull-ups than a lot of wrong ones. I will do a weekly PT test and post it here if that's alright.
Make it every two or three weeks. Weekly does not give you a chance to measure progress. Never, never quit!
Roger Ranger Jim !

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”