Introduction--Braxton

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Braxton
Ranger

Re: Introduction--Braxton

Post by Braxton »

SITREP Rangers, I did my orientation and took my PFA on Tuesday, I'm working on the online future soldier classes and patiently waiting for my ship date. My PFA scores
1 mile 6:22
1min PU-42
1min SU-44
Not bad but I have to take a full PT test in 2 weeks so I need to work on my push-ups and 2 mile run.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Braxton wrote:SITREP Rangers, I did my orientation and took my PFA on Tuesday, I'm working on the online future soldier classes and patiently waiting for my ship date. My PFA scores
1min PU-42
1min SU-44
Not bad but I have to take a full PT test in 2 weeks so I need to work on my push-ups and 2 mile run.
Didn't we discuss pull-ups? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

Jim wrote:
Braxton wrote:SITREP Rangers, I did my orientation and took my PFA on Tuesday, I'm working on the online future soldier classes and patiently waiting for my ship date. My PFA scores
1min PU-42
1min SU-44
Roger Ranger Jim. They weren't assessed but are still a part of my everyday workout with no movement from my lower body.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Braxton wrote:
Jim wrote:
1min PU-42
1min SU-44
Roger Ranger Jim. They weren't assessed but are still a part of my everyday workout with no movement from my lower body.
...and?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

Jim wrote:
Braxton wrote:
Jim wrote: Didn't we discuss pull-ups? Never, never quit!
...and?
Just did 10 Ranger Jim, wide grip palm out. Close grim palm in and I can do many more.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

OK, now I want you to memorize the Ranger Creed, and start living your life by it. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

SITREP- Getting stronger Rangers, future soldier training this morning was great. We did what SGT called PT muscle failure test. Basically a pt test but once you fail to do more you keep that score but keep going.
My scores were before failure, 2minutes
Push-up 64
Sit-up 66
2mile 14:51
3mile 22:20
We ran 3 miles instead of 2 but he told us our times each mile. Going to start running 3+ miles instead of just 2 so I can ace the 2 mile no problem. It was my first time running 3 miles in a very long time, and the only time I stopped was to tie my shoe after the first lap.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Braxton wrote:SITREP- Getting stronger Rangers, future soldier training this morning was great. We did what SGT called PT muscle failure test. Basically a pt test but once you fail to do more you keep that score but keep going.
Push-up 64
Sit-up 66
We ran 3 miles instead of 2 but he told us our times each mile. Going to start running 3+ miles instead of just 2 so I can ace the 2 mile no problem. It was my first time running 3 miles in a very long time, and the only time I stopped was to tie my shoe after the first lap.
Have you memorized the Ranger Creed? What about pull-ups?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

Jim wrote:
Braxton wrote:SITREP- Getting stronger Rangers, future soldier training this morning was great. We did what SGT called PT muscle failure test. Basically a pt test but once you fail to do more you keep that score but keep going.
Push-up 64
Sit-up 66
Have you memorized the Ranger Creed? What about pull-ups?
Still working on the soldiers creed Ranger Jim, i have 80 days so i WILL learn them both by heart before i leave. And my pull-ups are great, starting to do weighted pull-ups and push-ups. I was surprised today when I completed 64 push-ups before I failed, still needs work though. I take a real pt test next week and I'm confident it will be 270+
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

I noticed that you have 80 days to go. Did you get an option 40?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

Jim wrote:I noticed that you have 80 days to go. Did you get an option 40?
Unfortunately not Ranger Jim. I had a med waiver for my shellfish allergy and there was no 11x option 40 in the system. So I am going to bust my ass in OSUT and earn it !!
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

SITREP- Rangers, did a pt test today.
2mile-13:35
PU-55
SU-72
Just now did 15 palm out pull-ups Ranger Jim.
Score is 260. I messed up on the push-ups because I moved my hands outward once I started getting tired, then made the mistake of moving them in, so I got stuck about halfway down haha. Lesson learned. We have a new recruiter that used to be a Drill SGT, and he said my push-ups were really good. Anyway, I told my recruiter I will get my score to 300+ before i ship, which should be no problem.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Braxton wrote:SITREP- Rangers, did a pt test today.
PU-55
SU-72
Score is 260. I messed up on the push-ups because I moved my hands outward once I started getting tired, then made the mistake of moving them in, so I got stuck about halfway down haha. Lesson learned. We have a new recruiter that used to be a Drill SGT, and he said my push-ups were really good. Anyway, I told my recruiter I will get my score to 300+ before i ship, which should be no problem.
You are learning. Please take time to read the entries in the letters from school thread and you will pick-up a lot of information about OSUT and how to raise your chances to get RASP out of OSUT.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

Jim wrote:
Braxton wrote:SITREP- Rangers, did a pt test today.
PU-55
SU-72
You are learning. Please take time to read the entries in the letters from school thread and you will pick-up a lot of information about OSUT and how to raise your chances to get RASP out of OSUT.
Roger Ranger Jim.
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

The time has come Rangers !!!! At the hotel right now and will be going to MEPS for the last time tomorrow, then on my way to Georgia. I've memorized everything I possibly could before I shipped out like the Soldiers Creed, Infantryman's Creed, general orders, seven core values, phonetic alphabet, and as much of the rank structure I could. I look forward to busting my ass and earning Airborne and RASP.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”