Intro- Marleynrs8

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

marleynrs8
Egg

Intro- Marleynrs8

Post by marleynrs8 »

Hello Rangers and candidates,

This is now my second introduction on this site. The other was in 2010 when I was very sick and the goal of becoming a Ranger gave me hope. Now that I am finally 18 I can make it happen. Some background info would be that I live in the South, recently graduated high school, and live in a house surrounded by liberals and feminists, but I still love them dearly though. Certain values are universal. That being said, I view Rangers in the highest light and I learned that they take on one of the most active roles in the GWOT, and ever since 9/11 I knew things would be different for me(I was 6 but it left a lasting impression). I would be honored to be a member of this site but beyond that, live as a Army Ranger.

Thanks for your time.
PocketKings
Ranger

Re: Intro- Marleynrs8

Post by PocketKings »

marleynrs8 wrote: live in a house surrounded by liberals and feminists.
Don't we all....

Welcome.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Introduction-Nolan

Postby marleynrs8 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:40 pm

My name is Nolan Smith, and I live in South Carolina. I aspire to be the best I can be in life, so naturally I came here. I've always been fascinated by the military, and I am always reading one military memoir or another. I'm gonna be straight up, until recently I wanted to be a Marine. When it came to your basic infantry, they were the best and that was what I wanted to be a part of. But then I started to really look into the 75th Ranger Regiment. The best light infantry on the planet. That kind of settled things for me. I'm not a dumb adrenaline junkie, but I want to go spec ops, and Rangers are spec ops, but can handle just about any mission type. Also, Rangers fall under SOCCOM. This isn't important to me because of video games, but because of what SOCCOM units do.

They are the ones capturing and killing mid to high level terrorists, and such. I'm not seeking revenge or anything like that, but I believe its the high level terrorists that deserve to be killed. Nothing against killing footsoldier Taliban(has its place for sure), but its the leaders I have a beef with. Rangers also have intense, realistic training, airborne jumps, and get the best gear(or so it seems). It would also give me a good chance at trying selection for Tier 1 units. Way down the line,like I'm talking 10 to 15 years from now, if I want to stay in the military. Because I'm only 15.

I'm highly motivated and mature for my age. Physically fit as well. I have a long way to go to get to Ranger standards, but I have a few years and I work for it every day. Except that I hit a wall in pull-ups(7), and no matter what program I try I'm not passing that. Anyways, thanks for this site. There is alot of great info, especially in the forums.
This was your original entry. Now that you have had a lot of time to lurk and digest what has been said on the site. Your second introduction sounds like you no longer have a desire to enlist. Or am I reading it wrong?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
marleynrs8
Egg

Post by marleynrs8 »

Ranger Jim, if anything the desire is now even more intense. I'm going to the recruiters office today, and I want an 11X Option 40. I hear these are rare, so I will wait until one comes up.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Our board is set up not to let anyone less than 16 create an account so where was your integrity back then before you even made a post?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Please address Ranger Steadfast's comment.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
marleynrs8
Egg

Post by marleynrs8 »

Roger, Ranger Jim. Ranger Steadfast, my integrity was compromised. This was something that could have been avoided by more closely looking at site rules and regs.

After meeting with the recruiter and discussing it with my parents, there is a roadblock of sorts. I am still on a prescription med for a certain medical condition(I'm more than willing to discuss details via PM). I was told it is Army policy to wait for a year off such a heavy medication before one can enlist. Rangers, I am already enrolled in college this fall so I think my best course of action is to take this one year at a time.

The more time I can put between this receding condition and my enlistment, the better I can serve my country at full capacity. This visit was a disappointment but I will drive on. Any and all advice is really appreciated.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

marleynrs8 wrote:Roger, Ranger Jim. Ranger Steadfast, my integrity was compromised. This was something that could have been avoided by more closely looking at site rules and regs.
Inattention to detail--don't quibble. You need to do better. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”