Introduction-Connor

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

ShutUpnPT
US Army

Introduction-Connor

Post by ShutUpnPT »

Greetings Army Rangers and Forum Members,

My name is Connor, I am 19 years old and currently live in Minnesota. I am the son of an Infantry Officer, and have always aspired to serve my country as my Father has. Physical fitness and Self-Defense have always been a big part of my life. I started boxing at the age of 15 and could not get enough of it. A year later I wanted more and started training at a local Mixed Martial Arts gym. I had my first Amateur MMA fight at the age of 17 and won via 1st RD/KO. After graduating from High School, I wanted to continue learning and growing as a martial artist. I envisioned my training aiding me later in my life, as I dreamed of a SOF military career. I enrolled at MSUM in Moorhead, MN to please my parents, and gain access to one of the best Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academies in the area. I still attend MSUM and train regularly at (name of gym removed by Admin - do not attempt to advertise again), aswell as assistant coach the Adult Boxing/Muay Thai class.

I am at a crossroads right now as I am deciding whether or not to pursue an Army ROTC Scholarship to hopefully obtain an Infantry Commission; or to complete 2 more semesters of college to get 48 credits and wait for an 11x Option 40 contract to surface. I have not taken any steps towards acquiring an 11x Option 40 contract yet, but I definetly feel myself swaying in that direction. I wanted to join this community to absorb as much information as possible; so that if I do end up going the enlisted route, I am able set myself up for success.

-APFT
15:04 2-Mile Run
85 PU 2-Minutes
62 SU 2-Minutes
-These scores will greatly improve over the next few months, as prior to this I was putting alot of emphasis in my workouts towards gaining mass.

I apologize for the length of this, and if supplying background information was unnecessary.

Thank you,
-Connor
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction-Connor

Post by Jim »

Connor, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far, you are doing well. If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take particular pride in the fine young men who pass through here in their life journey. Your PT scores are a great baseline. Please tell us why our want to earn a place in the Ranger Regiment. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
ShutUpnPT
US Army

Post by ShutUpnPT »

Ranger Jim,

I greatly appreciate your quick reply. I would like to earn a place in the Ranger Regiment because I believe I have the Mental Fortitude and discipline required to join such an elite unit. Settling for average or just getting by has never been my style. I want to test myself on all fronts to see if I have what it takes to earn a spot amongst the U.S. Military's finest warriors. I recognize the level of difficulty associated with joining the Ranger Regiment and fully respect it. I can't think of a better way to prove myself worthy of serving and representing my country, than to be part of the Ranger Regiment.

-Egg Connor
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Introduction-Connor

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Connor.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome Connor

PM inbound.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
ShutUpnPT
US Army

Post by ShutUpnPT »

Forgot to include this in my PT results.
Strict Pull-Ups | Palms away - 14
Lunch
Ranger

Post by Lunch »

Hmmmmm...a college student in Minnesota...you don't say. What are your plans for the summer?

Oh, and welcome to the site.
Aco 3/75 1988-1990
HHC 2/11 1990-1992
Aco 2/3 SFG(A), ODA 345,346 1993-1996
HSC 2/3 SFG(A) CE 1996-1997

My pain is self-chosen
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Connor, I think you may have found yourself in a very interesting site.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
ShutUpnPT
US Army

Post by ShutUpnPT »

Lunch wrote:Hmmmmm...a college student in Minnesota...you don't say. What are your plans for the summer?

Ranger Lunch,

Yes sir, finals next week then im home free. My lease is up for my apartment at the end of May so I will be in Moorhead until then; continuing to Coach and Train. My Mother lives in Wadena (Central MN) with her boyfriend who has his own Taxidermy Business (This is the 2nd advertisement from you I have deleted - One more Advertisement from you and you will be banned from this site.), if you're a big hunter/fishermen theres a chance you may of had some work done by him! I'll probably stop by and spend a few weeks there and work in the Shop. At some point this summer I'm not exactly sure when, I'll be heading down to Phoenix as I routinely do in the summers to spend it at my Father's place. The Desert/Mountains down there are awesome to Hike around and go shooting; if you can deal with the heat. (No matter where I am at, I will make it priority to keep improving on my PT.)

It is ironic that you commented on my introduction, as I ran across one of your posts last night and saw the (NE Minnesota) location. I thought it was pretty cool that a Ranger on this forum also lives in Minnesota. I envy you as Northeast Minnesota is much more beautiful than where I currently live.

Thank you for the welcome,

Connor
ShutUpnPT
US Army

Post by ShutUpnPT »

Jim wrote:Connor, I think you may have found yourself in a very interesting site.
Ranger Jim,

I definetly have! I believe I spent around 3 hours last night reading through various posts. It is ridiculous how much information has been posted on this forum that I can learn from.

-Connor
Lunch
Ranger

Post by Lunch »

ShutUpnPT wrote:
Lunch wrote:Hmmmmm...a college student in Minnesota...you don't say. What are your plans for the summer?

Ranger Lunch,

Yes sir, finals next week then im home free. My lease is up for my apartment at the end of May so I will be in Moorhead until then; continuing to Coach and Train. My Mother lives in Wadena (Central MN) with her boyfriend who has his own Taxidermy Business (ShutupnPT, This is the 2nd advertisement from you I have deleted - One more Advertisement from you and you will be banned from this site.), ), if you're a big hunter/fishermen theres a chance you may of had some work done by him! I'll probably stop by and spend a few weeks there and work in the Shop. At some point this summer I'm not exactly sure when, I'll be heading down to Phoenix as I routinely do in the summers to spend it at my Father's place. The Desert/Mountains down there are awesome to Hike around and go shooting; if you can deal with the heat. (No matter where I am at, I will make it priority to keep improving on my PT.)

It is ironic that you commented on my introduction, as I ran across one of your posts last night and saw the (NE Minnesota) location. I thought it was pretty cool that a Ranger on this forum also lives in Minnesota. I envy you as Northeast Minnesota is much more beautiful than where I currently live.

Thank you for the welcome,

Connor
PM will be inbound to you shortly.
Aco 3/75 1988-1990
HHC 2/11 1990-1992

My pain is self-chosen
ShutUpnPT
US Army

Post by ShutUpnPT »

Ranger/Admin,

I apologize for my advertising infractions, I was unsure what is included as "Advertising" and I will now refrain from using any specific business titles. I was merely attempting to inquire if I had any common ground with Lunch, again my apologizes. Thank you for giving me one last warning, I won't fuck up again.

-Connor
ShutUpnPT
US Army

Post by ShutUpnPT »

*Ranger Lunch

Stupid mistake no excuse. Pushing out 50 now.
Lunch
Ranger

Post by Lunch »

Resurrecting this intro as an update:

As luck would have it, at about the same time that Conner made his introduction last year, I had an immediate need to hire a college intern. He was interested in the opportunity, and thus ended up working for me last summer. He did a great job, and I'd like to think he learned a few things; if nothing else, I know he will never forget what it feels like to have to tell his boss that all of his equipment was stolen because he failed to secure his vehicle...

(I know you're going to read this, so go ahead and knock 'em out, Cadet.)

But anyway, he's been busy with college since last fall but has kept me up to date with things. I'm pleased to report that I learned yesterday that he pulled a 4.0 and earned an Army Active Duty Scholarship offer. He'll be doing the Leader's Training Course at Knox this summer, and is hoping to earn an Airborne slot as well. I'm always proud of the interns that have done a good job for me, so this news is especially gratifying. Looking forward to following this Cadet's progress and acommplishments- he still has lots to learn, but he's got lots of potential and has proven himself to be trainable.
Aco 3/75 1988-1990
HHC 2/11 1990-1992

My pain is self-chosen
ShutUpnPT
US Army

Post by ShutUpnPT »

SITREP - 18 MAY 13 (At the discretion of Ranger Jim)

Much has happened since I first posted on this site approx. a year ago. For starters as Ranger Lunch had said, I was afforded the opportunity to work under his supervision this summer, in the most enjoyable and rewarding position I could have imagined. Some of the tasks I participated in this summer were; mapping miles of trails, constructing new trails, constructing boardwalk and "bridge" type features, leading small crews of YCC members, carrying lots of things down trails on my back (I think on my second to last day, my partner and I were to supervise and lead a crew of 6 YCC members in the task of; moving all of the materials needed for two 100ft boardwalks down about 2 miles of trail. This was made more complicated as giant Red/White Pines were being blown down from the stormy conditions we were working in, onto our trail. When I say giant, I mean if one fell on you, there would be no more you. If my memory serves right I believe Ranger Lunch was about 5 seconds away from being hit by one, at the top of a steep slope.) There was also the occasional change of command structure during these tasks and we would have to adapt to be successful. Oh.. and the one time my partner and I had come back to our vehicle after carrying 6x6x4's down a trail all day, to find we no longer had the giant toolbox with a thousand dollars or more worth of tools in it :shock:. My partner instantly freaked out and thought we had been robbed and was hysterical. We routinely would leave our wallets and cell phones in the vehicle as we would not have reception down the trails anyways, and both of those items were still in the vehicle, so I started getting suspicious that someone was playing a joke on us :mrgreen: rather than robbed us. Sure enough after the hour and a half drive back to HQs, Ranger Lunch was waiting for us with a smile from ear to ear, waiting for the moment to ask us "Hey there, so uh where's your tools? :twisted: " All in all I would have to say it had been one of the best summers of my life and I learned a substantial amount of information, it was also pretty sweet getting to follow around a High-Speed Badass such as Ranger Lunch.

After my summer adventure drew to a close, I headed back to school and immediately got in touch with the Army ROTC department. Fast forward a couple months and a lot of paperwork later and I am sitting in an Scholarship Interview Board, sitting across from the MSG staring at me very similar to -> :twisted:. Saying I got verbally annihilated would be an understatement. Fast forward another few months and I was offered a 2.5 year Army Active Duty Scholarship, needless to say I accepted. I will be attending LTC this summer at Ft. Knox, KY and I have heard if you are on scholarship prior and excel at the school, you can be awarded extended training (Airborne / Air Assault). Regardless of the extended training opportunities, I will give my best at the school and learn as much as possible.

I very much enjoy the ROTC program and am looking into Branch Detailing (INF/MI) following my MSIV year. Who knows what will really happen that far down the road, for now I am just focusing on the tasks in front of me and learning as much as I can.

Very Respectfully,

-C

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”