Introduction-Constantine

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

ConstantineCS
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction-Constantine

Post by ConstantineCS »

Hello Rangers, I would like to start off by saying thank you for your service in such a dangerous profession, if it were not for you, and the rest of the Armed Forces I probably would not be here, speaking english, typing on a computer right now, so I have to thank you for that. My name is Constantine, I am in my Sophomore year in high-school, and I just turned 16 years old. I am taking honors classes, with the intent of taking college classes both my Junior and Senior years. I am in a JROTC program (Air-Force I am afraid) there. I took the ASVAB in January and scored a 94 on the AFQT portion of the test, however the composite/line scores where unavailable to me to see.

I have a family history of the Army, with my grandfather being a truck driver in the past, my step-grandfather being an Intel Colonel, my father being a medic, and my step-father being a 15P in SOAR. I myself am looking to get a 68W+Opt. 40, because of both the educational oppurtunites offered specifically to SOF medics but also because I want a profession whose skills can not only be used in a tactical position, but also in an emergency one at home if the need arises.

I have looked extensively over the past year at these forums and have even given people advise from the more recent/timeless posts (ex. One of my friends was going to try and get into the National Guard then become a Ranger, but then I told him about Opt. 40 contracts and the various information about it on here.)

As far as my PT goes, I do weighted pull-ups/push-ups. Many of the lower abdominal exercises outlined in the PT section as well as run from time to time. I also administered a PT test, current as of last Sunday. The results are as follows

Push-Up: 52
Sit-Up-59
2-Mile Run: 17:36
Pull-Up: 10
I realize I have much to work on and am going to do more PT in the coming months/years to improve. My plan is to be able to max out the APFT by the time I get to basic and also be able to exceed Ranger standards as well (Lord knows I have plenty of time).

This concludes my introduction, I thank you again Rangers for your service and look forward to the day that I may call myself an Army Ranger as well.
68W Opt. 40
Ship Date: 20130827

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction-Constantine

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome ConstantineCS.

Good intro for a young man & as in your last paragraph you do have time to improve your PT so you will be with us for a while too.
You can take a avatar from the DEP selection.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
ConstantineCS
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by ConstantineCS »

Thank you for your reply Ranger Steadfast, I will continue working on my PT scores and do not plan on quiting, so I will stay as long as it takes for me to be a Ranger.
68W Opt. 40

ConstantineCS
Future Soldier / Opt40

General Update

Post by ConstantineCS »

Rangers,
I did not want to start a new thread, so I thought I might repurpose my intro to update my progress. On that thought...
It has been a while since I was able to effectively progress in my enlistment progress. However, being a high school junior now, I can finally speak to a recruiter without the term: "We'll have to see next year", being mentioned at the conclusion of every conversation.

As far as my current PT scores go:
Push-Ups: 69-80 (Max)
Sit Ups: 66 (average)
2-Mile Run: TBD (Run Times not recorded, will correct)
Pull Up: 10 (Dead Hang, previous pull up # was not Dead Hang)

Lastly, I am planning on retaking the ASVAB in January 2012, formally speaking to a recruiter March that same year, and going to MEPS around August 2012 in order to give myself a buffer to fix myself up after graduation.

Thank you for your time and
Any questions/comments are welcomed.
68W Opt. 40

ConstantineCS
Future Soldier / Opt40

Update

Post by ConstantineCS »

Its been roughly 2 years since I last posted and I think that it is necessary to update my status with the recent progress that I have made. I won't bore anyone with the details of my last two years of high school, but here is what I am looking at, at the moment:

MEPS this Sunday-Monday (Physical Only, ASVAB rescore- was 97 from 94)
68W no Airborne/Opt.40

The plan is to speak with the career councilor at MEPS about tacking on BAC/Opt. 40, and if not with a 68W-Opt.40, then I would also be willing to take 25B, 35F, or 35Q.

That's about it, if anyone has any questions, I will answer; and whenever I get my contract, who do I contact to get my status changed to Future Soldier?

I will post how MEPS goes in this thread, unless another one needs to be opened up, or not if Rangers/Site Admin decide that its unnecessary.
68W Opt. 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Continue to post on this thread. Self-administer a PT test. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
havoc996
Ranger

Post by havoc996 »

Constantine to them you are a quota. If you want an opt 40 contract and they really want you then hold out for what you want. Visit another recruiter and see if they have any.
Civilians, will never understand us. Our desire to be at the worst possible place at the exact wrong time because we hope to make a difference even if it costs us our lives, are incomprehensible to them. And yet it is so. Our prayer is not, please God, let it happen on my day off; but please God, don't let me screw this up.

HHC 1/75
10-04
OEF/OIF
PerryB
Recruiting for the Darkside

Post by PerryB »

Ranger havoc996, you're correct that most recruits are just a quota to the recruiters. However, right now the only option 40s availble are for MOSs 92G, 94E, and 91B. Changing recruiters would accomplish nothing. Recruiters have no way to obtain an Option 40. These are dictated by DA's accession branch and right now DA has not released any new RASP slots. I called the recruiting opertions center this morning and guy I spoke to said there are no RASP slots and if you want one you just have to wait till there on the system. I will post up as soon as I start to see some more option 40 slots on the system.

Perryb
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Grim666 »

Constantine PM inbound.
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????
ConstantineCS
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by ConstantineCS »

Hello Rangers,

I have completed my processing at MEPS, I sworn in and signed my contract.
As a brief overview, this was my first time to MEPS, they found nothing wrong, so I require no waivers, and have a PULHES "score" of 111111.
I did not however, receive an Opt. 40 contract, partly because there were none available, Airborne was a no-go either. Not because I was ineligible, but because it also was appearently not offered.

So as it stands right now, I have 68W, no BAC or RASP, however, my designated ship date is at least 3 months away (I'm pretty sure giving the full date would violate PERSEC in one way or another). This affords me the opportunity to PT up a lot before Basic, and also if an Opt. 4(0) pops up for my ship date in between now and then, I can update it, possibly. I realize this situation is not ideal, and I have read enough on this site that holding out is the only 100% guaranteed way to get an Opt. 40 to go to RASP, so I am going to do what I can before Basic to get what I want, and if not before Basic Training, then, I will be the hardest working private in Basic to get a shot at Airborne/RASP.

Recent events have prevented me from actually taking a PT test and putting up scores, that will be done before the week ends Ranger Jim, and Ranger Grim666/any other Ranger/Future Soldier, I would be very receptive to a PM for personal thoughts/comments/criticisms.

As always, if I have left something out about my MEPS trip I will add and update accordingly, especially if anyone wants to know about the fingerprint scanners, cause those things were pretty awesome.
68W Opt. 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Take a look at this link and take action as you move through the system:

http://www.soc.mil/75th%20Ranger%20Regi ... iting.html

As you note they mention 68W. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
ConstantineCS
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by ConstantineCS »

PT SITREP:

2-mile run: 16:50
1st mile: 7:25
Push-Ups: 55
Sit-ups: 42
Pull ups: 6

The results took a little while longer than I expected because of family coming over for my graduation. I will continue to work towards my PT goal, over the next few months. I will update again in 30 days.
68W Opt. 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

ConstantineCS wrote:PT SITREP:

2-mile run: 16:50
1st mile: 7:25
Push-Ups: 55
Sit-ups: 42
Pull ups: 6
OK, so now you have a PT baseline to improve upon. What is your report date for basic? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
ConstantineCS
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by ConstantineCS »

Roger that, Ranger Jim

I ship out 20130827 to Ft. Sill, Oklahoma. I figure that's about 80+ days or so between then and now, and I am taking advantage of everyday in between. Every morning at 0630 to 0730 this past week has been for PT, and this trend is going to continue up until I ship out.
68W Opt. 40

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”