DEPS pay attention!--Cultivate a Spirit of Excellence

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Capellanus
Ranger

DEPS pay attention!--Cultivate a Spirit of Excellence

Post by Capellanus »

Cultivate a Spirit of Excellence
Inherent in the call to become a Ranger is the call to excellence. It has little to do with IQ, backgrounds, culture, situations, or finances. It has everything to do with the will: the will to be obedient, disciplined and faithful.

In the same way parents glory in the abilities and achievements of their children, so we Rangers glory in the effectiveness and success of those we mentor. Further, as no parent finds any joy in a lazy, apathetic, or worthless son or daughter, we take no pleasure in willful underachievers in the Ranger community.

If we demanded you to do that which was impossible then there would be some legitimacy to the complaint that becoming a Ranger is too hard and these Rangers expect too much of us. To the contrary, we have provided every means and way in which you can be successful and fulfill your goal in becoming a Ranger. Those who carry the title “Rangerâ€
RGR Capellanus
6th RTB (Jun 12-present)
2/75 Rgr. Bn. ( July 10-Jun 11)
1-32 IN, 3BCT, 10th MTN, DIV (07-10)
B Co. 1/75 Rgr. Bn. (92-97)
RGR Class 8-94
OEF (Aug 11-Dec 11)
OEF (Oct 10-Jan 11)
OEF IX/X (Jan 09-Jan 10)
"As Iron sharpens Iron, so one man sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:7)
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Amen. Preach it to them brother! :D
gijoe7.62
Tadpole

Post by gijoe7.62 »

Thank you Ranger Capellanus. Taken to heart.
“Why am I not in bed, like everyone else, dead to the world? Why do I do this, live with the constant pain, the suffering, the sacrifice? Why? Because I can. Because pain tells me I’m awake. Reminds me I’m alive."

"AIRBORNE"
Rett
US Army

Post by Rett »

Too true Ranger Capellanus, thank you for the words of wisdom.
Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

Each post you've written continues to inspire Padre, thankyou very much for your contributions Brother.

Those of you who aspire to one day wear the Scroll: heed, understand, and reflect.

j.
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Them thar words are words of Gold Gentlemen.

All Y'all should Hand Write (read-don't just hit the print button) this post that Ranger Capellanus has been so gracious to give you. And then stick it to your bathroom mirror, and read it every day...then, when it get's all screwed up and nasty from your Hair Gel, Hand Cream, and Foo Foo juice, rewrite it and place it there again.
Just a little hint....
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

It's a sticky. I'll lock this thread to preserve it!

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”