Introduction: Austin

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction: Austin

Post by Jim »

Austin, you have come a long way. Continue to push yourself and never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Smokey Bear
Paratrooper

Post by Smokey Bear »

Thank you and roger Ranger Jim.
The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

John F. Kennedy
Smokey Bear
Paratrooper

Post by Smokey Bear »

Good evening Rangers, with spring arising I have been able to add a lot more to my workout program. Such as, mountain biking, rucking and rucking to the fishin hole if you count that. With this warm weather it is easy to get distracted and I'll admit I have done more than my share of fishing already. With only 56 days remaining I have definitely noticed that my time here with my friends and family is winding down. My plans right now for when I get in is to get through OSUT and get to my unit and try and get every course I can get and soak up as much knowledge as I can from the Army. The company commander of the recruiting battalion that I'm in came by the other day and shared a very strong message. To summarize it he basically said that you should get everything you can get from the Army. Stuff such as Ranger school, air assault, pathfinder, sapper, sniper, airborne etc. I'm realizing that the Army has so much to offer and I'm gonna take advantage of any opportunity I have. I am becoming very humbled as my days are winding down. Needless to say, I am very excited to leave.

My latest PT test was taken last Friday and the results are as follows,

Run- 13:00
Situps- 77
Pushups- 87
The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

John F. Kennedy
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Enjoy the last few weeks. When you ship, don't forget to open a note on the letters from school thread. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”