Introduction- Alexander

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Marlurker
Future Soldier / Opt40

Re: Introduction- Alexander

Post by Marlurker »

Rangers, today I completed MEPS. After hours of waiting i was given my chance to talk to the job councilor. When I was told that there were no option 40s available I told them i wouldn't sign anything.

I wont go into detail of my struggle with my recruiter, the station commander and the job councilor. In the end with all of my stubbornness and a few phone calls I received a contract for 11x with an option 40. I am beyond excited and more than ready for the road that lays ahead of me. Thank you Rangers for all of the advice given on this forum, without it i would have surely signed a contract I did not want.

My ship date is 20140926.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140926

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Marlurker
Future Soldier / Opt40

Re: Introduction- Alexander

Post by Marlurker »

cams wrote:First mistake is asking a female recruiter. She either lied or doesn't know what she's talking about.

Second, you've already been told to start paying attention to detail now, it will only serve to help you.

Let me help you, when speaking (typing) about yourself, the "I" is capitalized. I'm sure at your age you're well aware of that already, leaving me only to believe it was done over and over again out of laziness.

The name of each month is also capitalized.

These may seem like small details to you, and they are, but those small details to a Ranger unit can mean very bad things if overlooked.

I'm trying to help you, I'm not just being a bit-picky asshole, details are very important in the military.
Rodger Ranger Cams, I apologize for my errors I was typing on my phone at the time and didn't see them. That is no excuse for not having attention to detail though. Knocking out 50.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140926

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”