Introduction- Malik

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

kalim96
Embryo

Introduction- Malik

Post by kalim96 »

Hi my name is Malik, I'm 18 years old and I graduate highschool this Thursday. I inintially joined the Navy to appease my mom, but I made up my mind that I would join the Army following graduation in the pursuit of joining the 75th Ranger Regiment. The reason I want to join the Ranger Regiment is because I felt they had the shortest pipeline compared to other special operations unit, and immediately afterwards they see action. They also get the best equipment and some of the best leadership in the Army. I feel that Ranger Regiment is great place to develop myself and to become part of a brotherhood of like minded people.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction- Malik

Post by Jim »

kalim96 wrote:Hi my name is Malik, I'm 18 years old and I graduate highschool this Thursday. I inintially joined the Navy to appease my mom, but I made up my mind that I would join the Army following graduation in the pursuit of joining the 75th Ranger Regiment. The reason I want to join the Ranger Regiment is because I felt they had the shortest pipeline compared to other special operations unit, and immediately afterwards they see action. They also get the best equipment and some of the best leadership in the Army. I feel that Ranger Regiment is great place to develop myself and to become part of a brotherhood of like minded people.
Welcome Malik, If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Please tell us more about yourself. Where are you from? Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Please conduct a self-administered PT test to include pull-ups, and post the results on this thread within the next 72 hours.. Have you contacted a recruiter? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
kalim96
Embryo

Post by kalim96 »

I was born and raised in Detroit Michigan . My mom found the job market more suitable in Atlanta since the economy was thriving and Detroit's was crumbling to say the least. I've moved back and forth from Atlanta and Detroit because of family issues and I've came to the conclusion Detroit isn't worth going back to. This last semester in high school has been interesting. I was taken in by a family because i didn't have a place to stay, and It's really opened my eyes to what life, faith, marriage and family is all about. I agreed to stay with this family until the end of July, I joined the navy initially to become a seal or an eod but my vision disqualified from being able to do both. I was so pumped after talking to navy seals and i was getting in shape, I even took swimming classes and learned how to swim. But life has a different plan for me. Unable to find comfort in the fact that I was about to spend the next 4 years on a submarine, not seeing any combat, not experiencing the brotherhood and the suck of hard pt and sand runs I left the navy and started the process of joining the army a month ago. Now two days away from graduating I'm considering my options. I really want an option 40 , but realistically I only have until July I cant wait until September, which is the date my recruiter projected. More than likely I will negotiate for an 11b contract with airborne to give myself the best chance of getting a rasp slot.
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome to the site, Malik. Follow Ranger Jim's advice and post an APFT as soon as possible so we will have a baseline to work with. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
kalim96
Embryo

Post by kalim96 »

Thank you Ranger Jim and Ranger JD for the warm welcome . I just completed my self administered pt test and here are my scores.
Situps-70
Pushups-68
Pullups-10
2 mile run time -17:18
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

kalim96 wrote:Thank you Ranger Jim and Ranger JD for the warm welcome . I just completed my self administered pt test and here are my scores.
Situps-70
Pushups-68
Pullups-10
2 mile run time -17:18
OK, Malik, you have established your PT baseline to build on. You need a lot of work. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Malik.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
kalim96
Embryo

Post by kalim96 »

Thank you Ranger Charlie. I'm glad to be a member of this site. I will take the advice of Ranger Jim and implement the workout routines in this forums PT section.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

kalim96 wrote:Thank you Ranger Charlie.I'm glad to be a member of this site. I will take the advice of Ranger Jim and implement the workout routines in this forums PT section.
Who is Ranger Charlie - ? There is no Ranger Charlie on this site.

Edited to add: Who is CharlieRanger1FFV? Google it and post it here as your assignment. Then address this Ranger properly.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Steadfast wrote:
kalim96 wrote:Thank you Ranger Charlie.I'm glad to be a member of this site. I will take the advice of Ranger Jim and implement the workout routines in this forums PT section.
Who is Ranger Charlie - ? There is no Ranger Charlie on this site.

Edited to add: Who is CharlieRanger1FFV? Google it and post it here as your assignment. Then address this Ranger properly.
I saw you were back on the 22 May - 1 day after my post & yet you have not responded to me. A small amount of cyber heat is nothing compared to what you will experience going through actual Ranger training. Grow a thicker skin - no one is going bullistic on you - you owe Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV 2 items; 1st) an apology (for giving him a new name or for failure to pay attention to detail).
2nd) 25 + 1 push ups as pennance for item # 1. So the next time you post here, drop & do 25 + 1 (+ 1 is for GRITS "Great Ranger in the Sky"). & post your apology (not to me) & you did 25 + 1 too.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
kalim96
Embryo

Post by kalim96 »

I apologize Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV , for not addressing you properly. I did as you instructed Ranger Steadfast, and did both the 25 pushups +1, and the Google search on who CharlieRanger1FFV is. From what I gathered Charlie Rangers were a company of elite Vietnam era Rangers of the 75th Ranger Regiment. Acting alone they would insert into the enemies backyard, and conduct reconnaissance and surveillance, Target aquistion , and combat operations. They specialized in guerilla tactics and used their small numbers to their advantage in defeating the NVA.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”