Introduction: JCM12

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

JCM12
Embryo

Introduction: JCM12

Post by JCM12 »

Hello Rangers,

My name is JCM12, I am 19 years old. I was born and raised in Texas. I currently live in west Texas in the wind and sand! The weather pretty much sucks but i can't complain. I grew up in Houston..100% humidity everyday..I'll take the wind. I am currently working everyday and training my mind and body to attain an 11xopt40 contract. I have not yet met with a recruiter about enlisting. I plan to do so in august of 2015. I am prepared to wait up to 18 months to secure the contract I am seeking. I'm eager to get started with the process, but I want to make sure I get the most out of my enlistment. I have no plans on signing a contract unless it contains what I have asked for. I'm working on my asvab scores currently as I know it will play a huge role in the negotiation of attaining my desired contract. I also have graduated highschool, but I do not have any college credit hours.

Self administered APFT
Push-ups: 63
Sit-ups: 66
2 mile: 14:38
Pull ups: 12

Scaled score: 247/300

This test was self administered so the results will obviously vary depending on who will be grading my future APFT.
But I do grade myself with integrity, so I can get an accurate evaluation of my physical capabilities.
I haven't seen really any post for the forced ruck march but my latest ruck of 12 miles with 45# was 3:32:21 so I need a lot of improvement! I feel like being comfortable with that ruck on my back and the quicker my body can recover from a hard day carrying a lot of weight the better off I will be during rasp. Thats a very important goal of mine. Too improve the stress my body can handle. My biggest focus is obviously completing rasp, but If I could graduate with my original class without having to recycle due to an injury or failure I will be ecstatic!

Height: 5'10
Weight: 155

I have a fairly athletic build. My arms are pretty short so pull-ups and push-ups are not a real struggle for me. Right now my pt scores are low because I have never truly trained for anything before. I played high school football but I didn't take it seriously. My first pt score almost 5 months ago was a 105 with my 2 mile run an embarrassing 20:18 so I am thrilled with my foundation I have now of at least being able to implement a training plan. I know I have a long way to go if I'm going succeed in training. But my ultimate goal is to physically be able to perform what is asked of me so I am able to wake up everyday and compete with my fellow soldiers. Which will allow me to focus more on the mental side of training so I can get a grip on my environment and soak up all the information being pushed my way.

I'm open to posting my journey on ArmyRanger.com because I have read a lot of the post, and it's inspiring to me to hear some of the stories from people who are currently going through it. And yes I get extremely jealous after every single one I read, but it also motivates me. It's invaluable to get helpful information on something that you have devoted a great deal of your life too from people who have been there, and done it. I am going to continue to get better every single day. And hopefully I can get this show on the road ASAP! I'm thankful for any advice or information I receive that makes me a better smarter person today than I was yesterday!

Thank you, JCM12
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction: JCM12

Post by Steadfast »

Excellent & clear intro JCM12. Welcome to Army Ranger.com. Back a thousand years ago I was 6'2" & weighed in at 145 lb.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome JCM12, If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Please tell us more about yourself. Why do you want to join Special Operations Forces? Do you speak / write in a foreign language? You have established a PT baseline that you can build upon. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, JCM12.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome to the site JCM12. Read everything you can about physical fitness on the site, find yourself a good workout plan and strive for improvement on every workout. The hardest battle is training your mind to push your body when it (your body) wants to quit. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

I have seen you lurking several times, but you still have not addressed ManchuV's question.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
JCM12
Embryo

Post by JCM12 »

Ranger ManchuV, I live in Lubbock TX. Yes Texas is awesome the people are great, I actually remember growing up every winter me and my grandpa would go deer hunting on his deer lease. It was a suburb of San Antonio, a little town called Hondo. I'm sure your more familiar with it I haven't been back in a couple years. But I have fond memories of that area, and We had a little satellite tv in the cabin, so at night I would watch the local news station for San Antonio because I would be so bored. That's cool man I'm proud to be a Texan!
18X
Shipdate: 20151116
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

JCM12 wrote:Ranger ManchuV, I live in Lubbock TX. Yes Texas is awesome the people are great, I actually remember growing up every winter me and my grandpa would go deer hunting on his deer lease. It was a suburb of San Antonio, a little town called Hondo. I'm sure your more familiar with it I haven't been back in a couple years. But I have fond memories of that area, and We had a little satellite tv in the cabin, so at night I would watch the local news station for San Antonio because I would be so bored. That's cool man I'm proud to be a Texan!
Excellent, now address the questions I asked.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
JCM12
Embryo

Post by JCM12 »

Roger Ranger Jim,
My apologies for not being very attentive to my post! I tend to get on here real quick while I have free time, and fail to acknowledge my replies. I'll put a stop to that.

I want to join Special Operations, because I want to surround myself with people who value success. I like to go big or go home, and do things the right way. I'm under no pressure whatsoever to join the military. I figured I might as well take the path that most people are to scared to take. That's in my nature, worst case scenario for me is failing and being stuck with a bunch of yahoos for 4 years I can hardly bare the thought. So failure is not an option for me. I understand I would still be serving my country, but I don't want to waste my talents. I can absolutely become an asset to the Regiment, and I'm confident in my abilities. I'm 19 years old I have a long way to go, but there has been other people on my shoes who have accomplished the same goals so I can draw strength from that. I'm also a very dedicated person to what I do. No matter what it is, I don't mean to sound arrogant but I take pride In the fact that I strive to be better than everyone else around me no matter what I do. Bottom line is in the civilian world it's to easy for me. I cant believe how many people cry if something doesn't fall into place perfectly for them. So needless to say I want the challange. I want to surround myself with people who are better than me, so that I can become better and stronger, and grow as a person.

Specifically the 75th Ranger Regiment, I am fascinated with Ranger history. I can't get enough of it. To be apart of a brotherhood like that where your life is worth more to your buddy than his entire family is actually a little hard to comprehend. But I admire it and I yearn to experience it for myself. I am amazed at the stories I have read about. My favorite one was the invasion of Normandy, D-Day. Few people can understand the intestinal fortitude it takes to be apart that. The only ones who truly do are the ones who have actually done it. That's why I have so much respect for Rangers, and I would be honored to be afforded the opportunity to become apart of that. That's what motivates me everyday to train as hard as I can and learn as much as I can because I know one day I will get my chance. And I'm going to run with it! I guess it's in my blood but it damn near gives me a hard on just thinking about it. I literally dream about it at night. Hopefully one day I will be able to say I was apart of that, but for now I'm just eager to give it my best shot and take it day by day.

Unfortunately I do not speak any other languages. I took Spanish in highschool, and I work around Hispanics all day everyday, so I can speak pretty decent Spanish. I'm no where near fluent though. I would actually like to learn other languages. It interest me, but I have never made myself learn. Maybe one day.

Thank you, JCM12
18X
JCM12
Embryo

Post by JCM12 »

Roger Ranger ManchuV
18X
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

JCM12 wrote:Roger Ranger ManchuV
Go back and review my initial note. You were told to read the FAQ, which lays out our rules. One of the keys to becoming a successful Ranger is "attention to detail." A quality you appear to be weak in. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
JCM12
Embryo

Post by JCM12 »

Roger, 'Ranger ManchuV'
18X