Introduction: Patriot

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Patriot
Inprocessing

Introduction: Patriot

Post by Patriot »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Ryan. I am a future soldier with an 11x option 40 contract. My ship out date is 20150728. I am very active and just began the 12 week rasp training program mentioned on this site. I played football all 4 years of high school so I have been transitioning from quick sprints and speed to longer distance running and endurance. My PT test is as follows with form watched by an Army Soldier that works out at my gym.

2 min pushups: 65
2 min situps: 60
Pull-ups: 16
2 mile run: 15:50

Height: 5'11
Weight:190lbs

This was my first time conducting a full PT test as I usually do the events individually. I can stand great improvement especially in the running category. I know i can do much better as i continue to train as hard as I can. I have read all of the FAQ's and many of the stickies. I look forward to your guidance and thank you for your service.
1/75
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Introduction: Patriot

Post by rangertough »

Much better. However, check your last paragraph and look at the "I"s. Missed a few capitals.

Attention to detail is incredibly important in your upcoming endeavors. Doing things right every time is essential when possible. I know it seems a little anal retentive and everyone makes mistakes. Just proof read before sending.
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome to the site Ryan. You've got 5 months to prepare to be in the best shape you can be in both mentally and physically. It doesn't seem like much time, but if you use it wisely it is plenty of time. Your APFT scores need some work, however, don't forget to train the mind, the body can be in the best shape possible and yet if your mind is not ready you will quit. Train hard, train tough, train out doors when possible, embrace the suck and learn to live with the elements. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Patriot
Inprocessing

Post by Patriot »

Roger Ranger Tough and Ranger JD. Thank you.
1/75
Patriot
Inprocessing

"Five Mentees Report Here"

Post by Patriot »

Rangers,

I have been doing a lot of research around the forum and have found tons of useful information. I also noticed some Future Soldiers in the DEP program have "Five Mentees Report Here" signatures, I would like to be apart of this because I know I can learn even more than I have reading previous posts. Also it would be great to be mentored by Rangers on this site, and was wondering how one can get invited to the group.
1/75
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

What is your location?
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
Patriot
Inprocessing

Post by Patriot »

Ranger Lefty, I am located in Tucson Arizona.
1/75

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”