Introduction - Gray

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Seacadet1998
Embryo

Introduction - Gray

Post by Seacadet1998 »

Hello Rangers, My name is Gray and I'm 17 years old and just 2 months from turning 18. It's been a lifelong goal of mine to serve with the 75th Raner Regiment ever since I first learned of my great grandfather having served with 2nd Ranger Battalion in WW2.
I plan on finishing my bachelors degree in Criminal Justice and then enlist into the Army under a 11x Option 40 contract. I currently train 5-6 days a week at my local gym and have been following workout guide such as Ranger Athlete Warrior and a RASP preparation guide from Military Athlete.

My current APFT Scores are as follows

Push-ups - 75
Sit-ups - 67
2 mile run - 14:25

I would like to knock down my run time and also increase my sit up and push ups, therefore I have been training to do so. I would like to achieve atleast a 115 GT score, however I am working at getting even higher. I have been part of the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps for over 4 years and am just a month shy of achieving the rank of Cheif Petty Officer which is the highest rank a cadet can achieve in the program.

Thank you for allowing me to join this website and I'm excited to learn as much as I can and receive further help on my APFT scores.
Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus

Aspiring 11x Option 40
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Gray

Post by Jim »

Gray, if you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We here at armyranger.com take great pride in the achievements of the young men who pass thru the site on their life journey, You may have noticed that I edited your post for PERSEC reasons -- we do not use full names. Please read the FAQs as well as select stickies and threads. Pay attention and never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Seacadet1998
Embryo

Post by Seacadet1998 »

Thank you sir!
Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus

Aspiring 11x Option 40
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Seacadet1998 wrote:Thank you sir!
Go read the rules of the site before posting again.

Pay attention to detail. In your first statement about how much you want to be a Ranger, you don't even spell Ranger correctly. Attention to detail.

Change you avatar while you're at it.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Seacadet1998
Embryo

Post by Seacadet1998 »

Sorry about that sir. Didnt even notice it. I'll change my avatar ASAP.

Aspiring 11x Option 40
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Seacadet1998 wrote:Sorry about that sir. Didnt even notice it. I'll change my avatar ASAP.
What part of "Go read the rules of the site before posting again" did you not understand?

Jesus help me and save me. Are you two both Seabiscuits that just joined here related or something? Between the two of you you couldn't tie a fucking Velcro shoe.

Go do some push-ups or something and just stop posting for several days. Read. Read. Read.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Seacadet1998
Embryo

Post by Seacadet1998 »

cams wrote:
Seacadet1998 wrote:Sorry about that sir. Didnt even notice it. I'll change my avatar ASAP.
What part of "Go read the rules of the site before posting again" did you not understand?

Jesus help me and save me. Are you two both Seabiscuits that just joined here related or something? Between the two of you you couldn't tie a fucking Velcro shoe.

Go do some push-ups or something and just stop posting for several days. Read. Read. Read.

Ranger Cam, I have read the rules and regulations of this page. I have promptly corrected myself in changing my avatar, and will from here on out conduct myself in the manner you, and all other Rangers see fit. I am grateful for the privilege of being allowed to have an account on this website, and will continue to learn from the knowledge and experience that has been earned by the Rangers on this page. Thank you.

Aspiring 11x Option 40
Seacadet1998
Embryo

Post by Seacadet1998 »

Rangers,

I just wanted to send out a SITREP on my progress. I have decided that I will be speaking with my local recruiter as soon as I graduate from high school this coming june. Recognizing that I wrote in my introduction that I intend to go to college before enlisting, the cause for the change was personal interest. I decided that my desires are soley in the Army and becoming a Ranger. As stated above my desired MOS is 11x and I will not accept anything less than obtaining an 11x Option 40 contract.

Further, I have managed to increase my APFT scores. The updated scores are as follows

Push-ups - 82
Sit-ups - 77
2 mile run- 14:17

Still working on getting better and better scores, and also working on memorizing the Ranger Creed and studying for the ASVAB. The book I bought to study was Kaplan 2016 edition.

I will make sure to post further updates as I make progress, thank you.

Aspiring 11x Option 40
Seacadet1998
Embryo

Post by Seacadet1998 »

Rangers, I apologize for not writing SITREP in the subject box. It didnt come up for me to write in on my computer.

Aspiring 11x Option 40
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Seacadet1998 wrote:Rangers, I apologize for not writing SITREP in the subject box. It didnt come up for me to write in on my computer.
Normally, future soldiers do not submit SITREPs until they depart for training. Then they post a SITREP on the letters from school thread. Your introducti9on is satisfactory, as it provides an opportunity to learn about you.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Seacadet1998
Embryo

Post by Seacadet1998 »

Jim wrote:
Seacadet1998 wrote:Rangers, I apologize for not writing SITREP in the subject box. It didnt come up for me to write in on my computer.
Normally, future soldiers do not submit SITREPs until they depart for training. Then they post a SITREP on the letters from school thread. Your introducti9on is satisfactory, as it provides an opportunity to learn about you.

Understood Ranger Jim. I wasn't sure if there was a better way to inform the Rangers on this Site of my change of plans. Thank you Ranger Jim.

Aspiring 11x Option 40

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”