Introduction- Alexander

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Marlurker
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction- Alexander

Post by Marlurker »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Alex, I am 19 years old, from North Carolina and have just finished my first year of college. Ive known i wanted to enlist in the army since i was a child, the environment of college made me realize that i needed a challenge in life. In high school i had the privilege of attending the state military academy of North Carolina. This experience gave me a very small taste of the military lifestyle and the feeling of brotherhood and knowing someone always had my back. To fill that need for a challenge in life i have decided to enlist as 11x with an option 40. I know it is what i am meant to do in life and I am more than determined to not only pass through all of the trials and training that the Army puts in my way, but succeed beyond my own expectations. This site seems to me like one of the many ways i can help myself along my new path.

I have met with a recruiter and have done all the paperwork i need to go to meps. (I go to meps after i pay my traffic tickets, i was far too responsible on the road speeding and i am paying the consequences.) I look forward to all of the help and support this site will provide.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140926

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction- Alexander

Post by Jim »

Alex, if you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We are proud of the fine young Rangers who have passed through ArmyRanger.com on their life journey. Please read the FAQs as well as select stickies and threads. Most questions have been addressed at least once. The search feature, located at the top right of this page is your friend. Please self-administer a PT test and post your result here within the next 72 hours. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Marlurker
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Marlurker »

Jim wrote:Alex, if you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We are proud of the fine young Rangers who have passed through ArmyRanger.com on their life journey. Please read the FAQs as well as select stickies and threads. Most questions have been addressed at least once. The search feature, located at the top right of this page is your friend. Please self-administer a PT test and post your result here within the next 72 hours. Never, never quit!
Roger Ranger Jim, i do a PT test for myself at the end of every 2 weeks. Here are my results of yesterday.

Pushups- 62
situps- 72
2 mile- 13:55
Pullups- 10 (I have to work on those)
11X OPT 40

CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Alexander.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Welcome Marlurker.

PM inbound.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140715

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Welcome. Pay attention to detail when you post here, we're not friends texting each other on a phone and you are an adult in college.

If you want Rangers here to take time out of their personal lives to guide you down the right path and into Regiment, show us that you're worth it. Attention to detail is a huge part of Ranger service.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Marlurker
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Marlurker »

cams wrote:Welcome. Pay attention to detail when you post here, we're not friends texting each other on a phone and you are an adult in college.

If you want Rangers here to take time out of their personal lives to guide you down the right path and into Regiment, show us that you're worth it. Attention to detail is a huge part of Ranger service.
Roger that Ranger Cams, understood.
11X OPT 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Marlurker, you have established a PT baseline. Use it to measure your progress. Please keep us advised of your progress. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Marlurker
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Marlurker »

A small update Rangers- I go to MEPS this weekend to hopefully secure my option 40 contract. I have read every sticky on this forum and have made sure to do all my homework in preparation for MEPS. I am beyond excited to finally start moving forward towards my goal.

Also a quick PT update.

Pushups- 75
situps-82
2 mile run- 13:20
Pull-ups- 15
11X OPT 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good update. I find that when you do two week PT test cycle, you are better able to see progress than when you do it weekly. Ensure that your form is correct. Never, never quit!

Check your PMs.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Marlurker
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Marlurker »

Jim wrote:Good update. I find that when you do two week PT test cycle, you are better able to see progress than when you do it weekly. Ensure that your form is correct. Never, never quit!

Check your PMs.
Roger that Ranger Jim, Ive been sick the past few weeks and was only just able to get back into my regular schedule. I'll be on a 2 week cycle from now on.
11X OPT 40

Marlurker
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Marlurker »

Small update Rangers, I had to move my MEPS date to monday due to family constraints. Thats okay though ive waited this long i can wait 2 days. My recruiter finally asked me what i wanted my MOS to be, of course i said 11x with an option 40. She proceeded to tell me that 90% of people who go straight in to the Rangers fail and i should go into the infantry without any options because there are none available. I just nodded my head and said okay. Im not signing anything without an option 40 on that paper, damn what any recruiter wants me to take. I know that recruiters lie but it still bugged me all the same. All i need to worry about is the job councilor at MEPS.

Also Ill be at Fort Benning in may for my best friend's RASP graduation in may, is there anywhere i should go there for a perspective Ranger?
11X OPT 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

First mistake is asking a female recruiter. She either lied or doesn't know what she's talking about.

Second, you've already been told to start paying attention to detail now, it will only serve to help you.

Let me help you, when speaking (typing) about yourself, the "I" is capitalized. I'm sure at your age you're well aware of that already, leaving me only to believe it was done over and over again out of laziness.

The name of each month is also capitalized.

These may seem like small details to you, and they are, but those small details to a Ranger unit can mean very bad things if overlooked.

I'm trying to help you, I'm not just being a bit-picky asshole, details are very important in the military.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”