Stress Fractures

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Lots of good advice here, just don't take it too fast. 10 days pain free with normal activity. That is the gold standard for healed stress fractures. If you have pain in that 10 day period, modify your activity and start all over again. Whatever you are doing DO NOT try and "push through" it.

Take your time, rest up and let yourself heal properly. If not, you will pay the price... Trust me
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

One other thing I just thought of would be to spend some time every day sitting or lying down with your affected feet resting on a stack of pillows. You could maybe even add some time with ice packs on them. The idea is to get them raised higher than your heart and to ease any inflamation that might be there. That helped a lot in my case.

Ranger The Sleepy Doc, inflamation / swelling interfers with healing in soft tissue, I learned with my own injuries. I expect that it does for bones as well, but that is a guess. Also, would some kind of anti-inflamatory meds help?
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer

Return to “Medical Issues”